Sweet figs appear in August and September, many look forward for this moment: sweet unusual fruit brings not only a taste delight, but also a lot of benefits.
These 10 facts about the figs will prove to include it in your diet is a must.
1. Figs contain a lot of fiber, which has a positive effect on the gastro-intestinal tract and normalizes the timely elimination of toxins from the body.
3. Dried figs for a long time gives a feeling of satiety, therefore, recommended as a snack for all who are trying to lose weight. The concentration of nutrients and vitamins in dried fruit is much higher than in fresh.
4. Dried fruit contains Gallic acid, which has antibacterial properties. It helps to restore intestinal flora and helps with infectious diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
5. In Japan, the figs are used for the treatment of cancer – it is believed that this fruit suspends the reproduction of malignant cells, dissolving the tumor itself.
6. Fig is a source of pectin, but because this fruit will help in recovery after injuries of bones and joints, helps healing and restoration of connective tissue.
7. Figs contain fitsin, which reduces blood clotting. It is important for the prevention of blood clots. And dried fruit contain a high concentration of polyphenols and flavonoids, which help to purify the blood from cholesterol plaques.
8. Figs are used as a febrifuge during colds, especially complicated infections of the respiratory system. Fig has antiseptic properties when applied both internally and externally as lotions.
9. Figs are considered a source of youthful skin. Pulp of figs, wipe face and neck, he also is a part of handmade cosmetics. To hydrate and nourish the skin, it is important to consume the figs inside.
10. The Fig ranks second after nut in the record the content of potassium in the composition, making it useful for the cardiovascular system.
More about dried figs read in our big article.