General description of the disease
Cervicitis is an infectious disease that affects the cervix. Also, when it appears, an inflammatory process is recorded. The disease is widespread and requires compulsory treatment, since if it becomes chronic, it will be extremely difficult to fight it.
Read also our special articles on nutrition for the uterus and food for the female reproductive system.
There are a lot of reasons for the development of cervicitis, the most basic of them are:
- Various infections of the genital organs, vaginal diseases, tumors;
- Increased susceptibility of the cervix as a result of injury;
- Too early sexual activity or a large number of sexual partners;
- Mechanical damage to the cervix as a result of abortion, curettage, installation of spirals;
- A reaction to hygiene foods or birth control drugs;
- Allergic reaction to latex condoms.
In the early stages of the disease, symptoms may not be noticeable. However, later appear:
- 1 Lower abdominal pain;
- 2 Bleeding
- 3 Genital irritation, itching;
- 4 Burning sensation when urinating;
- 5 Painful sensations in the lower back and abdomen during intercourse;
- 6 Significant purulent discharge with an unpleasant odor;
- 7 Bloody discharge after intercourse.
- 8 Fever, nausea.
Distinguish acute and chronic cervicitis… Moreover, the chronic form of the disease can develop from the primary untreated cervicitis. In addition, cervicitis can be purulent, viral, bacterial, atrophic (accompanied by thinning of the cervix), focal (affects certain parts of the uterus).
Useful foods for cervicitis
Proper nutrition is a prerequisite for successful cervicitis treatment. It is important to give up diets during the treatment period, saturating the body with the maximum amount of useful vitamins and minerals.
- It is useful to eat beef, processed cheese, peas, lamb, pork, beans, buckwheat, turkey, oatmeal, barley, pumpkin seeds due to the high content of zinc, which is necessary to maintain the immune system. It also has anti-virus properties.
- The use of pistachios, almonds, hazelnuts, beans, sour cream, cottage cheese, oatmeal, cream saturates the body with calcium. It has anti-allergenic, anti-inflammatory properties, and also helps to strengthen the immune system.
- Liver, butter, broccoli, seaweed, oysters, sweet potatoes, sour cream are useful, as they saturate the body with vitamin A. It promotes tissue regeneration and strengthens the body’s resistance to infections.
- Champignons, chicken eggs, porcini mushrooms, liver, corn, chicken and oatmeal contain vitamin B3, which weakens the effect of antibiotics, including those used to treat cervicitis, and also speeds up the healing process.
- It is also important to consume lactic acid foods during this period. They contain B vitamins and prevent dysbiosis, which can provoke colpitis and vaginitis.
- Seaweed, feijoa, hake, squid, tuna, pink salmon, flounder, catfish, shrimp, capelin saturate the body with iodine, which increases the protective barrier of the uterus.
- Almonds, hazelnuts, dried apricots, walnuts, prunes, eel, wheat, cashews, spinach, salmon, olive oil enrich the body with vitamin E, which contribute to the healing of the epithelium of the uterine mucosa.
- The use of herring, mackerel and salmon, due to the content of healthy fats, ensures the normal functioning of the uterus.
- The use of sweet peppers, rose hips, currants, broccoli and Brussels sprouts, citrus fruits provides the body with vitamin C. It has a tonic effect and is also an antioxidant.
- It is important to consume spinach, buckwheat, wheat, dogwood, liver, lentils, peas, corn, pigeon meat, pistachios, as they contain iron, known for its antibacterial properties.
Treatment of cervicitis with folk remedies
Treatment of cervicitis with folk methods is considered quite successful. However, self-medication is not worth it because of the inability to independently control the state of the cervical mucosa. There are several recipes for herbal douching formulations:
- 1 An infusion of the root of the medicinal angelica, St. John’s wort, meadowsweet, peppermint, calendula flowers, dandelion leaves and blueberry shoots in equal proportions helps. Prepare the infusion at the rate of 20 g of herbal collection per 1 liter of boiled water. Mix, put in a water bath in a sealed container and heat for 15 minutes, then insist in a warm place for 2 hours, drain. For one douching, about 200 ml of infusion is required. Perform the procedure up to 3 times a day.
- 2 According to the above principle, you can prepare an infusion of calendula flowers, forest mallow, birch leaves, motherwort herb, licorice and dandelion root and caraway berries in equal proportions.
- 3 Leaves of birch, coltsfoot, bird cherry, white willow bark, herb of dioecious nettle, common toadflax, young juniper roots, oat straw and caraway berries are taken in the same quantity to prepare the infusion according to the above recipe.
- 4 You can also use a decoction of oak bark for douching. To do this, pour 1 liter of boiling water with 30 g of bark and boil the resulting mass over low heat for 15 minutes. Then the broth must be cooled to a temperature of 35˚C and douche the vagina 3-4 times a day. For douching, you can use a special pear or a 5 ml syringe without a needle.
- 5 Aloe juice helps to treat cervicitis. It must be taken 1 tsp before meals for 20 days.
- 6 In addition, tea tree oil can be used for douching (8 drops of oil per 100 g of boiled water). Instead of douching, this solution can be applied to a tampon and left in the vagina for a day.
Dangerous and harmful foods for cervicitis
- Alcoholic drinks, as they poison the body with toxins.
- Excessive use of flour and sweet, baked goods made from yeast dough, as they provoke the onset of candidiasis (thrush), which can also provoke cervicitis.
- Excess caffeine, spicy and smoked, as well as excessively fatty foods, canned and pickled foods should be excluded, as they cause vaginal dysbiosis.
The administration is not responsible for any attempt to use the information provided, and does not guarantee that it will not harm you personally. The materials cannot be used to prescribe treatment and make a diagnosis. Always consult your specialist doctor!