- The intestine and the functions it performs
- Why do you need colon cleansing
- How to determine the need for cleansing
- How do doctors clean the organ
- How to prepare your body for a colon cleanse
- Recommendations for colon cleansing
- The result of bowel cleansing
- What to do after cleaning and how often it should be done
- Contraindications and warnings of bowel cleansing
- Articles on cleansing other organs:
Scientists are adamant: 90% of all ailments, according to them, could be prevented by timely cleaning of the intestines. Unhealthy diet and lifestyle lead to its contamination with slags and toxins. Cleaning can be done at home, especially since it is enough to stock up on the usual food or inexpensive means for this.
The intestine and the functions it performs
The intestine is the most important organ of the digestive tract and, concurrently, the longest section of the digestive tube (in some cases, its length can reach 6 m). It is divided into thin and colon and serves as a kind of conveyor along which the food that has entered the body moves. The importance of the organ is difficult to overestimate, because it performs:
- 1 Transport function… In its walls are nerves and muscle bundles, thanks to which food moves and thickens in order to come out later in the form of feces.
- 2 Digestive. The digestion process takes place not only in the stomach, but also in the intestines. It is provided by the small intestine, in which up to 2,5 liters of juice with enzymes is produced to break down the mass and convert it into useful substances. The large intestine finishes the “transformation work”, in which up to 0,06 liters of juice is produced.
- 3 Suction. In the process of assimilation, complex substances are converted into simple ones – monomers, and then are absorbed through the walls into the blood, from where they are transported to other organs in order to provide them with energy or nutrients. The small intestine is mainly responsible for this process, which is explained by the structure of its mucous membrane. It is interesting that different substances are absorbed in different parts of it. For example, vitamin B12 is in the lower section, and if for some reason it is removed, the person is prescribed injections of the finished substance for life. Water is absorbed mainly in the colon. In just 24 hours, the organ is able to absorb about 7 liters of content.
- 4 Endocrine. Few people know that here, in the mucous membranes, there are cells that synthesize hormones that are responsible for the performance of the digestive and other systems. Our appetite, vascular tone and even mood depend on their concentration.
- 5 Immune. Allergens, viruses and bacteria can enter the digestive tract through the oral cavity, but if the intestines are healthy, it neutralizes them. A quarter of its mucosa is lymphatic tissue, in which lymphocytes are formed, which are necessary for the destruction of foreign cells on the one hand and the production of immunoglobulins for the formation of a protective film on the other.
Moreover, it is in the intestine that the mass of beneficial microorganisms “lives” (their number only in the large intestine exceeds the population of the Earth). They do not cause illnesses, but take an active part in the formation of the body’s defenses, the synthesis of enzymes and the production of vitamins, and the neutralization of toxic substances. Interesting that healthy intestinal microflora is also an excellent cancer prevention: Microbes secrete anticancer substances such as holyxins, butyrate.
Why do you need colon cleansing
Unhealthy food and unhealthy lifestyle lead to the appearance of fecal stones in the intestines. In medicine, there are cases when over 40 – 50 years of life in the human body more than 30 kg of stones have accumulated, in which about 10 kg of parasites have settled.
One of the reasons for their formation is the combination of the incompatible. This is when foods that are poorly digested are consumed at the same time. Then their remnants rot, forming decay products that re-enter the blood. Research results are disappointing: more than half of people “carry” kilograms of fecal stones and are not even aware of their presence.
Intestines contaminated with toxins and toxins are the path to the development of heart, kidney, liver diseases, headaches and migraines, and oncology. Due to deposits of fecal stones, intoxication occurs, the functions of the large intestine are disrupted, and the aging process is accelerated.
How to determine the need for cleansing
According to experts, bowel cleansing is necessary for those who:
- 1 never done it before;
- 2 does not suit fasting, fasting;
- 3 regularly consumes thermally processed food or food of animal origin, fatty, fried, alcohol, energy drinks, fast food;
- 4 does not play sports or does it irregularly;
- 5 lives in the city.
You can also verify that the problem exists by the following symptoms:
- frequent bloating, flatulence;
- bad body odor and bad breath;
- the presence of skin diseases;
- frequent colds;
- rapid fatigue, chronic fatigue;
- breathing disorders.
The authors of many scientific papers assure that the result of the appearance of any disease is, first of all, a consequence of a polluted intestine.
How do doctors clean the organ
Bowel detoxification programs within the walls of medical institutions are most often reduced to water procedures, but they should not be confused with a regular enema. We are talking about colon hydrotherapy. In fact, this is washing the intestines with water, but its composition is selected in each case separately. For some, the solution can be made on the basis of herbs, for others – antiseptics, or even sodium chloride. As a rule, 2 – 8 sessions are held, lasting up to 60 minutes, after which the villi, previously clogged with toxins, are released and digestion improves.
It is not recommended to cleanse the intestines with enemas, since they themselves are an emergency aid for constipation, but nothing more. Due to their frequent use, these procedures are able to “wash out” all useful substances and trace elements, disrupt the balance of microflora and cause the development of spasms, colic and other negative consequences.
Some nutritionists advise cleansing fasting, when on the first day, a refusal to eat in favor of drinking and a small spoonful of honey is provided for dizziness. Long-distance travel and physical activity during this period is also better to cancel, providing yourself with peace. On the second day, cereal milk porridge is allowed for breakfast with herbal tea and lunch, with the exception of spicy, salty, alcohol and tobacco. Other products can be added later.
But in any case, it is possible to refuse food or carry out other detoxification procedures only after consulting a specialist and excluding contraindications.
How to prepare your body for a colon cleanse
An obligatory stage in preparation for organ detoxification is a visit to the doctor. The specialist will be able to examine the patient, assign him the necessary laboratory tests and studies, which will confirm or exclude the presence of ailments that can cause a ban on procedures.
When the doctor’s permission for cleaning is obtained, you can start it. To do this, a few days before it begins, you should introduce into your diet as many fresh vegetables and fruits, freshly squeezed juices, cereals as possible. As a source of fiber, they promote the movement of feces and improve the effectiveness of techniques. Along with this, you should give up fatty, salty, smoked, flour, alcohol and smoking. Fasting on water is useful, but only after consulting a doctor.
You can arrange for your body to warm up by visiting a steam room, bath or sauna in the absence of contraindications to them, or simply by taking a bath. Some experts advise to “shake up” well before detoxification: after a bath, pour cold water over it, then take a warm shower, after which again pour cold water over and so on up to 10 times.
During the entire preparatory period, it is important to observe the drinking regimen: drink a glass of water on an empty stomach, and then about 1,5 – 2 liters of liquid during the day.
Recommendations for colon cleansing
- 1 You need to plan a wellness event for the day off so that there is free access to the restroom.
- 2 Before using the techniques, you should make sure that there is no individual intolerance to the funds used in them.
- 3 Poor health, physical and nervous exhaustion are contraindications to the procedures.
Before and after detoxification, it is recommended to switch to proper nutrition and lead a healthy lifestyle. Prohibited foods during cleaning – flour, salty, fatty, and also:
cheese, butter, cottage cheese, meat, pastries, nuts, eggs, sour cream, ice cream, bread, sugar, sauces, energy drinks.
Any other food that can load the digestive tract is also contraindicated. Smoking is also banned.
The result of bowel cleansing
In addition to feeling great, a person after cleaning notices:
- 1 Weight loss – the number of pounds thrown off directly depends on the amount of feces.
- 2 Slight abdominal tightness – there is an opinion that with prolonged slagging, the size of the intestine increases, which also affects the size of the abdomen (it becomes saggy). Regular detoxification can gradually restore the normal size of the anterior abdominal wall.
- 3 Skin cleansing and body rejuvenation – acne is often a sign of internal intoxication (when feces are retained in the intestines for more than 12 hours, it is absorbed into the bloodstream and poisons the body).
In addition, a clean intestine normally digests and assimilates food, which has a rejuvenating effect on the entire body.
What to do after cleaning and how often it should be done
First of all, it is important to follow the individual recommendations that are given in the description of each of the methods of bowel cleansing. But in order to surely feel the positive effect, it is worth detoxifying the whole body.
To maintain the result obtained, it is necessary to constantly monitor the teeth and the oral cavity through which pathogenic microorganisms enter the digestive tract.
Cleaning, as a rule, can be done no more than once a year, unless otherwise indicated in the recommendations for the method.
Contraindications and warnings of bowel cleansing
Whatever benefits the specialists and people who have tested the methods promise, you can “cleanse” your body even in the simplest way only after an in-person consultation with a doctor. It is also important to undergo an examination for the presence of diseases that can cause the development of complications or disruption of bowel function.
You can not independently take funds previously unknown to the body, as they can cause the development of a severe allergic reaction. It is extremely important to follow all cleaning recommendations, to exclude contraindications to them.
Refrain from activities should be people who have been diagnosed with:
- inflammation in the digestive tract;
- peptic ulcer, gastritis;
- chronic constipation;
- abdominal pain of an incomprehensible nature;
- uterine bleeding;
- recent poisoning;
- found stones in the gallbladder;
- chronic ailments of the cardiovascular system;
- kidney failure;
It is forbidden to “cleanse” the body during pregnancy, menstruation, and malaise.
By the age of 30, most people have a couple of diseases that eventually turn into a “bouquet”. Someone explains this by the individual characteristics of the organism, and someone else – by its slagging. Experts say that just by this age, the first ten fecal stones are collected in the intestines … Whether to clean it or not is everyone’s personal business. The main thing when choosing detoxification is not to neglect the recommendations and advice of doctors. Of course, they can only be obtained through consultation.