They don’t talk about bowel problems. This is not the most glamorous part of our body, although it is very important, because the health of the whole organism depends on its health. There is an opinion that all diseases originate in the intestines. And the point here is not only a banal dysbiosis. The real problem lies deeper.
Everything you need to know about the gut
The intestines are part of the digestive tract. In the body, it acts as a filling station: it ensures the digestion of food and the absorption of nutrients. The intestine consists of the following segments:
- 1 Small intestine – its length is 5 – 7 m, and it itself is distinguished duodenal, skinny and ileum… It is located between the stomach and the large intestine and provides digestion.
- 2 Tolstoy – its length reaches 1,5 – 2 m. blind, colonic, rectum, which in turn are divided into several departments. Its task is to suck in water and form calla lilies from the “production waste”.
In a person who eats properly and leads a healthy lifestyle, the digestive system works like a clock, and all because the abdominal muscles perform a kind of massage of the intestines, promoting the movement of food through it.
In turn, a sedentary lifestyle and poor nutrition lead to its clogging, and this, accordingly, clogs the entire body. Everything happens as follows: when food debris enters the large intestine, water is squeezed out of them, after which a slurry of indigestible bacteria, fibers, bile acids and cells that have separated from the intestinal walls remains. Ideally, they should move on to the “exit”. But if the gastrointestinal tract does not work well, the resulting gruel is delayed and it is re-absorbed into the body.
For reference: a healthy colon removes waste within 6 to 18 hours after the last meal. This is evidenced by 2 – 3 acts of defecation per day.
By the way, intestinal functions do not end with the digestion of food. He:
- Responsible for strong immunity – about 70% of the cells that make up our immune system are found in the intestinal walls.
- Promotes healthy microflora formation. The cavity is inhabited by beneficial bacteria and microorganisms (lacto-, bifidobacteria, and sometimes Escherichia coli). Sometimes staphylococci can join them, getting into the intestines with contaminated food, for example, but if the system works without failures, they will not bring much trouble and will soon be destroyed.
- Takes part in the synthesis of vitamins of group B, K.
A study in Canada found that the intestines are the third most popular site for the development of cancer cells, and bowel cancer is the second leading cause of death in this country.. The most interesting thing is that, according to scientists, it can be prevented.
The fact is that bifidobacteria are able to neutralize harm from primary cancer cells for a long time., and this despite the fact that it is incredibly difficult to recognize them at the initial stage, even with all the means of modern medicine. Yes, no one aspires to this, because a healthy body protects itself.
Lactobacilli prevent the development of allergic reactions, and the person himself may not even know about his sensitivity to certain foods – the “indigenous inhabitants of the intestine” solve problems even before they appear, minimizing the risk. Both those and other microorganisms die from antibiotics, junk food.
How and why to cleanse the intestines
Every time a person takes a sip from a plastic bottle or can, they pollute their intestines. This also happens when using low-quality cosmetics (lipsticks, lip glosses and even lotions), and even when walking. Polluted air also contributes to the entry of toxins into the body..They accumulate, worsening the state of human health.
As a result, sooner or later he begins to notice the first bells in the form of abdominal discomfort, increased fatigue, depression, skin problems.
In turn, regular bowel cleansing contributes to:
- calming, increasing stress resistance;
- improving the quality of sleep;
- improving breath and body odor;
- weight loss, which will increase in conjunction with physical activity;
- disappearance of acne and abscesses.
You should pay attention to your intestines in case of frequent colds, infectious diseases of the genitourinary system, vaginal infections (thrush, colpitis, vaginitis, herpes), frequent colic in the abdomen, fungus on the legs.
The need to cleanse the intestines is discussed not only by adherents of a healthy lifestyle, but also by medical professionals. Within the walls of their institutions or in specialized sanatoriums, everything is performed in 3 – 5 procedures with an interval of 1 – 2 days using hydrocolonotherapy. In this case, the equipment is used, with the help of which the organ is washed with solutions. True, they resort to the method only in case of severe constipation.
The only way to clean up “your own gas station” without it is to plan your diet by introducing certain foods into it.
Top 9 Colon Cleansing Foods
Water and fiber are the foundation of a healthy diet. The latter acts as a brush that sweeps away fecal stones from the walls of the intestines, simultaneously stimulating wave-like muscle contractions and peristalsis. Consequently, the transit time of food and the removal of digested substances is reduced, and digestion is improved. What’s more, fiber has the ability to retain moisture in the colon, thereby softening stool and making it easier to pass..
The body consists of 70% liquid, and its reserves are lost during physical exertion, high body or environmental temperature, eating large quantities of meat or salt. You can replenish them by observing the drinking diet. Recommended daily amount of water per day is easy to calculate using the formula, where it is half the weight in ouncesThat is, with a weight of 55 kg, you need to drink 8 glasses (or 2 liters). Moreover, it is better to take water at room temperature, although, if desired, it can be replaced with green tea, juices.
These and other helpful cleaning agents also contain:
- Fresh vegetables and fruits, which are a storehouse of vitamins and microelements and … a source of fiber. Previously it was believed that the body should enter 20 – 35 grams. of this substance per day, although modern nutritionists insist that 10 grams is enough. However, this minimum can be gained by consuming these foods 5-6 times a day. The emphasis should be placed on cabbage, beets, citrus fruits, apples, apricots, plums.
- Yogurt, kefir, fermented milk foods. They contain probiotics, which are bacteria similar to those that already colonize the intestines.
- Bran – they contain prebiotics – dietary fiber that provides food for beneficial bacteria and helps to increase their numbers.
- Spirulina – it contains a huge amount of chlorophyll, which not only cleanses the intestines, but also helps to calm and heal damaged tissues of the digestive tract. Thanks to him, the body also receives more oxygen and more easily removes toxins, feces… Regular but moderate consumption of spirulina helps to get rid of constipation, irritable bowel syndrome, sluggish peristalsis.
- Vegetable oils – they contain fatty acids that lubricate and nourish the intestinal walls, facilitating the speedy passage of the gruel through it. Plus, they convert insoluble fiber into digestible fiber.
- Fennel seeds – It not only removes gases, but also prevents the accumulation of mucus.
- Mint tea – relieves unpleasant symptoms in case of disorder, eliminates bloating. Ginger and oregano have similar properties.[2,8].
- Dill – It contains a huge amount of substances that have anti-inflammatory properties and also promote the production of glutathione. It is an antioxidant that neutralizes toxins.
- Garlic – it contains allicin – a powerful immune stimulant. The product is called a natural antibiotic, which also improves peristalsis, and also acts as a diuretic, simultaneously flushing out harmful substances.
Due to the high efficacy of these foods, their frequent use in large quantities is not recommended. The main thing here is to adjust your diet, paying special attention to healthy food. Then, in a few months, it will be possible to note an improvement in health in general, and digestion in particular.
- The Best Colon-Cleansing Diet,
- 7 Gut-Cleansing Foods To Add To Your Diet,
- Probiotics, prebiotics, bacteria and cancer,
- 12 Gut Cleansing Foods To Include In Your Diet,
- How to Naturally Cleanse Your Intestines,
- 13 Foods That Promise A Clean Stomach First Thing In The Morning,
- 16 Detoxing Cleanse Foods,
- The 14 day gut cleanse plan that works,
Use of any material without our prior written consent is prohibited.
The administration is not responsible for any attempt to apply any recipe, advice or diet, and also does not guarantee that the specified information will help or harm you personally. Be prudent and always consult an appropriate physician!