Muscles are the main organs of human movement that obey the brain and control the skeletal system. They consist of firm, elastic muscle tissue that can contract under the influence of nerve impulses. They participate in all motor processes, from smiling to carrying heavy weights.
There are 640 muscles in the human body. The smallest of them are responsible for the performance of the “hammer” located in the ear. The largest (gluteal muscles) are responsible for the movement of the legs. And the chewing and calf muscles are the strongest in the body.
- The amount of muscle available in a newborn and a bodybuilder is the same. The size depends only on the cross-section of the muscle fiber.
- Muscles make up about 40% of the total body weight.
- The fastest muscles are those responsible for blinking.
Healthy foods for muscles
In order to perform certain movements, it is necessary that the muscles responsible for this are provided with a sufficient amount of nutrients. Thanks to good nutrition, muscles can not only function, but also grow.
As the main foods necessary for normal muscle activity, the following can be distinguished:
- Beef. Champion in the content of essential amino acids. Contains creatine, a protein that increases muscle mass by reducing fat.
- Eggs. Thanks to the lecithin contained in them, they are involved in ensuring the coordinated (synchronous) work of the muscles and the nervous system. Also, in addition to protein, they contain a lot of vitamin D, which is necessary for the health of muscle tendons.
- Chicken. Just like beef, it participates in the building of muscle fibers.
- Dairy foods. They are an irreplaceable source of organic calcium, which is responsible for the normal conduction of nerve impulses. Plus, they are an excellent remedy for muscle pain.
- Green vegetables (broccoli, asparagus, green beans, and lettuce) are sources of magnesium, which is responsible for reducing work-related congestion.
- Mackerel. It is rich in healthy fats, which are especially necessary in the process of muscle work to provide them with energy. In the absence of these fats, the body begins to process itself. If present, this process slows down significantly, so that a person will have enough time to get to the place of eating without turning into a skeleton covered with skin.
- A pineapple. Thanks to the enzyme bromelain contained in pineapple, the process of transformation of eaten proteins into muscle mass will take much less time than without its presence. In addition, it protects the muscles from overload.
- Green tea. Increases muscle resistance to stress. Eliminates lactic acid, reducing muscle pain.
- Turmeric. Responsible for regeneration. It is necessary for muscles that, as a result of work, can undergo microtrauma.
- Buckwheat. Thanks to the essential amino acids it contains, buckwheat takes pride of place among the foods responsible for muscle regeneration.
- Almond. It contains the most easily absorbed form of vitamin E. Thanks to it, almonds help muscles recover faster from muscle injuries.
- Bell pepper (red). In terms of vitamin C content, it has no equal. He can easily give odds to lemon and black currant. And since this vitamin is the most important component of collagen, the inclusion of this vegetable in the diet is an extremely necessary action.
To ensure productive life, it is advisable to eat fractionally 5-6 times a day. Moreover, 70% of the food should be eaten in the first half of the day. Only in this case, the muscles will perform the function that is intended for them.
With prolonged work, lactic acid accumulates in the muscles. To remove it, you need good rest, green tea, exercise on a stationary bike, and enough water.
Folk remedies for normalizing work and cleaning the muscular system
In order for the muscular system to be always in order, it is necessary to take care not only of the supply of nutrients to it, but also of the removal of harmful ones.
The following methods are used to cleanse the muscular system:
- Cleansing Diet. Melted water is consumed all day. In the evening, you need to drink one glass of serum. There is nothing to eat all day.
- Cranberry juice. Crush cranberries and pour boiling water over. (It is better to select the concentration of berries in the fruit drink individually). Add some honey or sugar. (Sweeteners are added to neutralize excess acid in the berry. Drink should be slightly sweet or neutral in taste) Drink several times throughout the day. Cleansing is carried out within three weeks.
- Berries. Berries such as barberry, red currant, dogwood, grapes and chokeberry are useful for cleansing the muscles.
- Dandelion. Dandelion root infusion has an excellent cleansing effect. Its bitter taste tones the liver, which begins to cope better with cleaning all body systems, including muscle. It is not for nothing that the French grow this plant as a cultural one! After soaking in salt water, dandelion leaves are used for salads.
A bath will help get rid of lactic acid for tired muscles. During bath procedures, blood circulation in the muscles improves. The oxygen level rises. New vessels are formed. Muscles receive new portions of nutrients.
Harmful foods for muscles
- Sugar, jam, torah and other baked goods… When consumed, fat is accumulated, not muscle mass.
- Fats… Excessive amounts of fatty foods cause calcium blockage.
- Fried foods… Substances in fried foods irritate nerve fibers and, as a result, reduce muscle performance.
- Alcohol… Causes calcium blockage. In addition, under the influence of alcohol, degenerative changes in muscle tissue occur.
- Preservatives… They form hard-to-digest compounds, making them practically useless for muscles.