Halva base – this, as well as so necessary for this product, giving halva its specific layered fibrous texture.
In addition to the above base, all kinds of flavors and flavorings are added to halva:. With a fairly simple recipe, the technology for preparing sweets is very important. Thorough mixing of ingredients, heating and continuous stretching of the mass – is the most important part of making halva. It is this process that allows you to be halva
1. If sugar has not melted completely in halva (grains of it come across a tooth) and it was unevenly distributed throughout the mass of the product, then the producers have saved on the protein component – nuts and seeds – and there is no need to expect a true taste from such halva.
2. According to GOST 6502-94, the taste, color and smell of halva must correspond to the main raw material. It usually happens:. Accordingly, for peanut and sesame, the color is negotiated from cream to yellowish-gray, and for sunflower – gray.
3. The consistency of halva should be fibrous-layered or fine-fibred – this is one of the main signs of its quality. An exception can be made for peanut, it has such a structure is the least pronounced.
4. If licorice root is a part of halva, halva may have a weak, barely noticeable taste of licorice, a darker color and a denser texture. Impurities are not allowed.
5. When buying sunflower halva, please note that there should not be an inedible, black shell of seeds in it.
6. You should not buy halva, on the surface of which vegetable fat has appeared or drops of moisture are visible. Such a product is manufactured in violation of the recipe or technology. The surface of a good, high-quality halva should be dry, even, without damage and gray plaque.