How long to cook a Polish mushroom?
Boil the Polish mushroom after boiling for 10-15 minutes.
How to cook a Polish mushroom
You will need – Polish mushrooms, water for soaking, water for cooking, a knife for cleaning, salt
1. In mushrooms, cut off the lower earthy part of the stem, remove debris from the mushrooms, wormy and darkened areas on the legs and caps, cut off the lower spongy part of the cap, where the spores are stored, from the old mushroom.
2. Wash the peeled mushrooms under cool running water.
3. Put the mushrooms in a bowl, pour fresh cool water to cover them completely, leave for 10 minutes, so that the soil and sand from the mushrooms settle on the bottom of the bowl.
4. Wash the Polish mushrooms again under running water.
5. Divide large mushrooms in half.
6. Pour 2-3 liters of water into a large saucepan so that the mushrooms are completely under water, place on high heat, wait until it boils.
7. Dip Polish mushrooms in boiling salted water, keep on medium heat for 10-15 minutes.
Mushroom soup with Polish mushrooms
Polish mushrooms – 300 grams
Potatoes – 2 tubers
Tomatoes – 2 pieces
Carrots – 1 piece
Green onions – 5 arrows
Bulgarian pepper – 1 piece
Olive oil – 30 milliliters
Ground black pepper – half a teaspoon
Salt – half a teaspoon
How to make soup with Polish mushrooms
1. To clean the Polish mushrooms from debris and soil, cut off the lower part of the leg, remove darkened and wormy places, wash in cool water.
2. Cut the Polish mushrooms into XNUMX-inch cubes.
3. Wash, peel and chop the potatoes and carrots into cubes 3 centimeters long and 0,5 centimeters thick.
4. Pour 2,5 liters of cold water into a saucepan, add the Polish mushrooms, place on the burner, bring to a boil over medium heat.
5. Remove the resulting foam, put potatoes, salt, pepper in the same pan, cook for 10 minutes.
6. Wash the bell pepper, remove the seeds, the stalk, cut into squares centimeter wide.
7. Pour oil into a frying pan, put on medium heat, heat up.
8. Fry carrots and bell peppers in oil for 5 minutes.
9. Pour the tomatoes with boiling water for 2 minutes, remove from the boiling water, remove the skin, cut into squares two centimeters thick.
10. Put the tomatoes in a skillet with vegetables, fry for 5 minutes until the moisture evaporates.
11. Add fried carrots, bell peppers, tomatoes to a saucepan with mushrooms and potatoes, cook for 10-15 minutes.
12. Wash and chop green onions.
13. Pour soup into bowls, add sour cream, sprinkle with green onions.
– Polish mushroom is growing in coniferous forests, less often in deciduous ones. Often grows on stumps and in moss on the bases of the trunks of mature pines, spruces, oaks, beeches. Loves dryness, so it is almost never found in deciduous forests. In Russia, the Polish mushroom is widespread in the European part, in Siberia, in the Far East and in the North Caucasus.
– In different places, the Polish mushroom has different titles… In the common people it is called a pansky mushroom, a chestnut flywheel, a brown mushroom.
– Gathering season Polish mushroom – from June to November.
– The Polish mushroom has brown a hat up to 15 centimeters in diameter, becomes sticky in wet weather. The bottom of the cap is yellow-white, porous. The leg of the mushroom has a light brown or yellow hue, up to 12 centimeters high, 1 – 4 centimeters thick. It can be cylindrical, narrowed or swollen from below. The pulp is firm, white or yellowish in color.
– In the place of the cut, the cap of the Polish mushroom turns blue – this is its distinctive feature, it does not affect the taste and quality of the mushroom in any way. If you are in doubt about which mushroom you collected, white or Polish, after a couple of minutes the Polish mushroom will give a blue one.
– Polish mushroom rich essential oils, sugars, minerals. In terms of protein content, it can replace meat in the diet.
– Fresh Polish mushroom has a pleasant mushroom smell, boiled mushroom has a mild taste, according to its taste it belongs to category 2 out of 4 (for comparison, porcini mushroom is category 1, and ryadovka is category 4.
– Polish mushrooms are better to process immediately after collection. To do this, they need to be laid out in one layer on the surface, remove debris, dirt, cut off the lower part of the leg from each mushroom and cut out the wormy areas. In an old mushroom, you need to cut off the spongy part of the cap. Pour the mushrooms with cold water for 10 minutes so that the earth moves away from them, rinse thoroughly. If the mushrooms are old and there is a risk that the mushrooms are wormy, it is recommended to soak the mushrooms in salted water.
– Fresh Polish mushrooms keep in the refrigerator in the vegetable compartment for no more than 12 hours, store boiled Polish mushrooms in mushroom broth, covered with a lid, for 3-4 days.
– Calorie value Polish mushroom – 19 kcal / 100 grams.