Losing weight with a date diet up to 8 kg in 10 days.
The average daily calorie content is 850 Kcal.
Dates are one of the most ancient fruits. The ancestors of modern Arabs used them for food for a long time; the Egyptian pharaohs’ tombs were painted with images of dates. Arab warriors always took dates on campaigns, hanging sacks with them on horse saddles. This highly valued food product helped fighters maintain endurance and build muscle strength. Dates in dried, dried, fresh form formed the basis of the Bedouin’s diet.
Nutritionists recommend dates for sweet tooths as a healthy alternative to sweets and other sweets.
Date diet requirements
Date Diet involves eating only dates for the first four days. Starting from the fifth day, apples should also be in the diet (preferably green varieties). Sometimes you can use oranges or other citrus fruits for variety. You cannot adhere to the date diet for longer than 10 days. After this time, you can lose 6-8 extra pounds. Nutritionists recommend eating fractionally in moderate portions. The basis of the liquid diet is regular still water. You can also drink herbal or green tea without added sugar and sweetener.
Effective is and nut-date diet… Its duration is 5 days. Every day, women need to eat up to 500 g of a mix of dates and nuts, men – up to 700 g. In addition to dates, you can diversify the menu with any dried fruit. It is advisable to eat 5 times a day. A liquid diet with at least 2 liters is represented by still water and unsweetened green tea.
You can lose 3-4 kilograms in 3 days and effectively cleanse the intestines using diets on dates and kefir… It is better to choose a fermented milk product with a minimum fat content or even completely fat-free. You need to consume 1 liter of kefir and 500 g of dried fruit per day for 5-6 meals.
For those who cannot imagine their food without cereals, suitable diet on dates and buckwheat… Firstly, the menu of this variant of the dating method is more balanced than the previous ones. However, doctors advise against sticking to such a diet for more than 7 days. Every day you need to eat 100 g of dried fruit and 150-200 g of buckwheat (dry cereal weight). Finally, if you can get enough of less buckwheat, cut back on it. But it is still not worth cutting down the diet to not break off the diet course.
For dates to bring only benefits to the body, you need to choose them correctly. Good dates should be brown (as dark as possible). The monotony and dullness of the fruits are evidence of their ripeness. A light color indicates that the fruit is not yet ready to eat. Get fruits that are not very hard or too soft. Naturally, dried dates should not show visible cracks. If there are pores on the dried fruit, it means that they are oven-dried. It is better to refuse to buy them. Do not purchase dates that are too wrinkled and have a fermented smell.
Such signs are direct evidence that the fruit has been lying for a long time, and most likely, they have not been properly dried. If the dates are stuck together, and you see crystallized sugar on the surface, then they have been treated with syrup. They are also not recommended to buy. Their shiny surface evidences the fact that dates were treated with fat. A high-quality fruit should not be sticky, greasy, smeared to the touch. It is better to buy dates with stone. They have undergone less heat treatment and have saved more nutrients in themselves.
Not many people wash dates before use, but in vain. You need to understand that you are not eating the dates that are just plucked from the palm tree but already a product of industrial production. It is essential to thoroughly wash out dates that have been soaked in syrup or chemically processed (which, unfortunately, is not uncommon). The sticky environment is an excellent breeding ground for bacteria, so eating these dried fruits will not bring any health benefits.
It is recommended to store dates in the refrigerator in a tightly sealed container. This will also prevent the fruits from absorbing extraneous odors.
Date day menu
Breakfast: 70 g of dates.
Snack: 30 g dates.
Lunch: 100 grams of dates.
Afternoon snack: 30 grams of dates.
Dinner: 70 grams of dates.
Apple-date day menu
Breakfast: 70 g of dates.
Snack: 2 apples.
Lunch: 70 grams of dates.
Afternoon snack: half an apple, fresh or baked, and a couple of dates.
Dinner: 70-80 grams of dates and a couple of apple slices.
An example of a nut-date diet
1 and 3 days
Breakfast: 50 g of dates, 40 g of dried apples, and 20 g of pistachios.
Snack: 30 g dried apricots; 20 g dates, and 10 g almonds.
Lunch: 70 g of dried apricots, 30 g of dried apples, and 20 g of pistachios.
Afternoon snack: 50 g dates; 30 g dried apples, and 10 g almonds.
Dinner: 50 g of dates and dried apricots; 20 g pistachio-almond mix.
2 and 4 days
Breakfast: raisins with prunes (50 g), 20 g of walnuts, and 40 g of dry pears.
Snack: 30 g dates; 20 g dry bananas; 10 g of walnuts.
Lunch: 70 g of raisins with dates; 20 g walnuts; 30 g dried pears.
Afternoon snack: 40 g of prunes with raisins; 30 g dry bananas; 10 g of walnuts.
Dinner: 50 g dry pears, 60 g of dates, and 20 g of any nuts.
Breakfast: 80 g of a mix of dates, figs, dried apricots; 40 g cashews.
Snack: 30 g dates; 20 grams of almonds.
Lunch: figs, dried apricots, and prunes (100 g); 20 g walnuts.
Afternoon snack: 50 g dates; 20 g of hazelnut kernels.
Dinner: 100 g of dates with prunes; 30 g cashews.
An example of a daily diet of a kefir-date diet
Breakfast: a glass of kefir and 100 g of dates.
Snack: 100 g dates.
Lunch: a glass of kefir and 100 g of dates.
Afternoon snack: a glass of kefir and 100 g of dates.
Dinner: 100 grams of dates.
Shortly before bedtime: a glass of kefir.
An example of a daily diet on dates and buckwheat
Breakfast: buckwheat porridge with 20 g of dates.
Snack: 10 g dates.
Lunch: buckwheat porridge with 30 g of dates.
Afternoon snack: 20 grams of dates.
Dinner: buckwheat and 20 g of dates.
- Firstly, since the date diet cannot boast of a balanced diet, it has a rather long contraindications list. It cannot be adhered to by pregnant women, during breastfeeding, children, adolescents, and older adults.
- Secondly, a taboo for observing a date diet is the presence of gastrointestinal diseases, diabetes mellitus. Dates increase blood sugar very quickly, which is simply unacceptable for people with diabetes.
- Thirdly, it is not recommended to use this weight loss method after recent surgeries, with high physical and mental activity.
- People who have increased dental caries need to be careful about the use of dates. The sugars found in dates, although naturally occurring, can attack tooth enamel and further aggravate the problem.
The advantages of the Date diet
- The beneficial qualities of these dried fruits are well known. It is not for nothing that the Ancient East inhabitants believed that you could live a long healthy life by eating only dates. These fruits were constantly included in his diet by the Prophet Muhammad, written about in the Quran. There are many legends about long-livers from China who ate mainly these gifts of nature.
- Date palm fruits boast a complete composition of vitamins and minerals. Eating 10 dates a day satisfies the body’s need for magnesium, sulfur, copper. They also contain a lot of iron, phosphorus, sodium. These dried fruits also contain a large amount of potassium, due to which they have a beneficial effect on the heart. Dates also contain 20 essential amino acids, including tryptophan (a natural antidepressant that helps reduce the likelihood of stress and other negative psychological manifestations).
- Eating dates is beneficial for diseases of the blood, eyes, for women with PMS, for strengthening the immune system, for colds. Dates reduce the risk of cancer. For men, dates help improve reproductive function and strengthen potency.
- It is perfect for introducing dates into the diet during pregnancy. They contain substances that strengthen the uterus and facilitate the process of childbirth. Besides, dates have a beneficial effect on the emotional state. Therefore, they reduce the risk of postpartum depression.
- The retinol found in dates will keep your hair and nails healthy.
- Dates regulate stool, restore the intestinal microflora. The presence of pantothenic acid in dried fruits contributes to the establishment of metabolic processes in the body.
- The dating diet is suitable for those with a sweet tooth, who often cannot complete the process of losing weight due to their addiction to sweets. In order not to gain extra pounds again, and after the end of the diet, eat dates with tea or another hot drink, instead of, for example, the usual candy.
Disadvantages of the date diet
- The diet is pretty tough. To withstand it, you need to show willpower. You may experience hunger.
- Despite the positive effect of dates on the gastrointestinal system’s work, with their abundant use, the intestines can become. If constipation occurs, it is best to stop the diet.
Re-carrying out the diet
In conclusion, if you want to turn to the date diet again, you can do it after a break of at least one month. And it is desirable that the pause was longer.