Good sleep is the basis of our mental and physical well-being. After an active day, a deep sleep is necessary, which will allow the body and mind to “reboot” and be ready for a new day. The universal recommendation for sleep duration is 6-8 hours. It is important to remember that the few hours before midnight are very favorable for sleep. For example, 8 hours of sleep from 10 pm to 6 am is more beneficial than the same 8 hours from midnight to 8 am.
- Dinner should be light.
- Take a short walk after your meal.
- Minimize increased mental activity, emotional overexcitation after 8:30 pm.
- About an hour before bedtime, it is recommended to take a hot bath with a few drops of soothing essential oil.
- Light a pleasant incense (incense stick) in your bedroom.
- Before taking a bath, do a self-massage with aroma oils, then lie in the bath for 10-15 minutes.
- Play soothing music while taking a bath. After the bath, a relaxing cup of herbal tea is recommended.
- Read an inspiring, quiet book before bed (avoid dramatic, action-packed novels).
- Don’t watch TV in bed. Also try not to work while in bed.
- Closing your eyes before going to sleep, try to feel your body. Focus on it, listen. Where you feel tension, try to consciously relax that area. Watch your slow, easy breathing until you fall asleep.
The implementation of at least half of the above recommendations will definitely lead to a result – a calm, invigorating sleep.