The pituitary gland is located on the lower surface of the brain in a bony pocket called the Turkish saddle. It is the main regulator of the endocrine system. Responsible for the production of growth hormones, as well as for metabolic processes and reproductive function.
This is interesting:
- In appearance, the pituitary gland can be compared to a large pea. They are very similar.
- More than 50 nerves go to the pituitary gland!
- The growth of a person depends on the activity of the pituitary gland. Dwarfs and Gullivers appear in our world thanks to the “eccentricities” of His Majesty the pituitary gland.
Useful foods for the pituitary gland
- Walnuts. They are rich in fats, vitamins A, B and C. Among the trace elements, there are such as: iron, cobalt, iodine, magnesium and zinc. Nuts inhibit the aging process of the body. Stimulates the performance of the pituitary gland.
- Chicken eggs. In addition to the fact that eggs contain a large amount of vitamins and microelements, they are also a source of such a substance as lutein, which is indispensable for the pituitary gland.
- Dark chocolate. This product, being a brain stimulant, is also responsible for the processes occurring in the pituitary gland. It activates nerve cells, stimulates blood vessels and improves oxygen supply to the brain.
- Carrot. Thanks to the beta-carotene contained in it, carrots slow down the aging process, stimulate the formation of new cells, and are also responsible for the conduction of nerve impulses.
- Seaweed. Due to its high iodine content, seaweed is able to fight insomnia and irritation caused by fatigue and overexertion. In addition, this product has a beneficial effect on the supply of oxygen to the brain. And since the pituitary gland is also part of the brain, the inclusion of seaweed in the diet is a very important component for the health of this organ.
- Fatty fish. The fats found in fish such as herring, mackerel and salmon are essential for the nutrition of the pituitary gland. This is due to the fact that they prevent the deposition of cholesterol and stimulate the production of hormones. In addition, they balance all the endocrine glands.
- Chicken. It is rich in proteins, which are the building blocks of new cells. In addition, it contains selenium and B vitamins, which are simply indispensable for the pituitary gland.
- Spinach. The iron in spinach is responsible for the normal blood supply to the pituitary gland. Antioxidants protect it from such a serious disease as pituitary adenoma. In addition, spinach contains vitamins A, C and K, which are essential for the normal functioning of the nervous system.
For the active work of the pituitary gland, a healthy diet is necessary. It is advisable to exclude preservatives, dyes, flavor enhancers from the diet, which can cause disruption of the conduction of nerve fibers. In addition, their use can lead to a violation of the osmotic state of brain cells.
Folk remedies for normalizing the work of the pituitary gland
A nut-fruit mixture consisting of walnuts, dried apricots, honey and tangerines is very useful for the pituitary gland. Consume on an empty stomach for six months.
Harmful products for the pituitary gland
- Alcoholic drinks… They cause a spasm of blood vessels, and as a result, there is a malnutrition of cells and their subsequent destruction.
- Salt… In addition to retaining moisture in the body, it causes overexcitation of the nerve fibers that go to the pituitary gland. As a result, overexcited nerves begin to perform their functions worse, which leads to malfunctions of the pituitary gland.
- Fat meat… Due to the high amount of cholesterol, it can cause the formation of cholesterol plaques in the blood vessels. That can lead to a decrease in vascular conductivity and hypoxia of pituitary cells.
- Sausages, “crackers” and other products of long-term storage… They can cause chemical poisoning of pituitary cells, which, as a result of degeneration, form a pituitary adenoma.