The cerebellum, translated from Latin, means “small brain”.
Located behind the medulla oblongata, under the occipital lobes of the cerebral hemispheres.
Consists of two hemispheres, including white and gray matter. Responsible for the coordination of movements, as well as for the regulation of balance and muscle tone.
The mass of the cerebellum is 120-150 g.
This is interesting:
Israeli scientists, led by Matti Mintz of Tel Aviv University, managed to create an artificial cerebellum using bioengineering technologies. So far, the experiment with the electronic “small brain” is being carried out on rats, but the moment is not far off when people will be saved with the help of this technology!
Healthy foods for the cerebellum
- Carrot. Prevents destructive changes in the cells of the cerebellum. In addition, it slows down the aging process of the entire body.
- Walnuts. Thanks to the vitamins and microelements they contain, they significantly inhibit the aging process of the body. Also, the juglone phytoncide contained in nuts copes well with pathogens of such a dangerous disease for the brain as meningoencephalitis.
- Dark chocolate. Chocolate is an important cerebellar stimulant. It is involved in supplying the “small brain” with oxygen, activates cells, dilates blood vessels. Useful for disorders caused by lack of sleep and overwork.
- Blueberries. It is a very important product for the cerebellum. Its use prevents cardiovascular diseases that can negatively affect the functioning of the cerebellum.
- Chicken eggs. They are a source of lutein, which reduces the risk of cerebellar degeneration. Also, lutein prevents blood clots. In addition to lutein, eggs contain a huge amount of vitamins and minerals that have a beneficial effect on the cerebellum.
- Spinach. Contains a large amount of nutrients. It is a source of antioxidants and vitamins. Protects the body from stroke and degeneration of cerebellar cells.
- Herring, mackerel, salmon. Due to the content of essential fatty acids of the omega class, these types of fish are very useful for the normal functioning of all parts of the brain.
- Chicken. Rich in proteins, which are the building blocks of cerebellar cells. In addition, it is a source of selenium, which is necessary for the normal functioning of the organ.
For the active work of the cerebellum, it is necessary:
- Establish good nutrition.
- Eliminate all harmful chemicals and preservatives from the diet.
- More to be in the fresh air.
- To live an active lifestyle.
Following these recommendations will keep the cerebellum healthy for years to come.
Traditional methods of healing
To normalize the activity of the cerebellum, you should consume a mixture consisting of one tangerine, three walnuts, one cocoa bean and a tablespoon of raisins. This mixture should be eaten in the morning on an empty stomach. After 20 minutes you can have breakfast. Breakfast should be light and not high in fat.
Harmful foods for the cerebellum
- Alcoholic drinks… They cause vasospasm, as a result of which the destruction of cerebellar cells occurs.
- Salt… Retains moisture in the body. As a result, blood pressure rises, which can cause hemorrhage.
- Fat meat… Increases the level of cholesterol, which is the cause of cerebral atherosclerosis.
- Sausages, “crackers”, and other goodies for long-term storage… They contain chemicals that are harmful to the functioning of this organ.