The bone marrow is the most important organ of the human hematopoietic system. It is located inside the tubular, flat and short bones. Responsible for the process of creating new blood cells to replace the dead. He is also responsible for immunity.
The bone marrow is the only organ that contains a large number of stem cells. When an organ is damaged, stem cells are directed to the site of injury and differentiate into cells of this organ.
Unfortunately, scientists have not yet been able to unravel all the secrets of stem cells. But someday, perhaps, this will happen, which will increase the life expectancy of people, and maybe even lead to their immortality.
This is interesting:
- The bone marrow, located in the bones of an adult, has an approximate weight of 2600 grams.
- For 70 years, the bone marrow produces 650 kilograms of red blood cells and 1 ton of white blood cells.
Healthy foods for bone marrow
- Fatty fish. Due to the content of essential fatty acids, fish is one of the most essential foods for the normal functioning of the bone marrow. This is due to the fact that these acids are responsible for the production of stem cells.
- Walnuts. Due to the fact that nuts contain such substances as: iodine, iron, cobalt, copper, manganese and zinc, they are a very important product for the bone marrow. In addition, the polyunsaturated fatty acids contained in them are responsible for the function of blood formation.
- Chicken eggs. Eggs are a source of lutein, essential for the bone marrow, which is responsible for the regeneration of brain cells. In addition, lutein prevents blood clots.
- Chicken meat. Rich in proteins, it is a source of selenium and B vitamins. Due to its characteristics, it is an essential product for structuring brain cells.
- Dark chocolate. Stimulates bone marrow activity. It activates cells, dilates blood vessels, and is responsible for providing the bone marrow with oxygen.
- Carrot. Thanks to the carotene contained in it, carrots protect brain cells from destruction, and also slows down the aging process of the whole organism.
- Seaweed. Contains a large amount of iodine, which is an active participant in the production of stem cells and their further differentiation.
- Spinach. Thanks to the vitamins, trace elements and antioxidants contained in spinach, it is an active protector of bone marrow cells from degeneration.
- Avocado. It has an anticholesterol effect on blood vessels, supplies the bone marrow with nutrients and oxygen.
- Peanut. Contains arachidonic acid, which is involved in the formation of new brain cells to replace the dead.
- 1 For the active work of the bone marrow, adequate nutrition is necessary. It is advisable to exclude all harmful substances and preservatives from the diet.
- 2 In addition, you should lead an active lifestyle that will provide your brain cells with sufficient oxygen.
- 3 Avoid hypothermia, as a result of which a weakening of immunity is possible, as well as disruption of the functioning of stem cells.
Folk remedies to restore bone marrow function
In order to normalize the work of the bone marrow, the following mixture should be consumed once a week:
- Walnuts – 3 pcs.
- Avocado is a medium-sized fruit.
- Carrots – 20g.
- Peanuts – 5 grains.
- Spinach greens – 20g.
- Fatty fish meat (boiled) – 120g.
Grind and mix all ingredients in a blender. Consume throughout the day.
Harmful foods for bone marrow
- Alcoholic drinks… By causing vasospasm, they lead to a malnutrition of bone marrow cells. And the result of this can be irreversible processes in all organs, due to problems with stem cell regeneration.
- Salt… Causes fluid retention in the body. As a result, an increase in blood pressure occurs, which can cause hemorrhage and compression of the brain structures.
- Fat meat… Raises cholesterol levels, which can have a negative effect on the blood vessels that feed the bone marrow.
- Sausages, croutons, drinks, shelf-stable products… They contain substances that are harmful to the normal functioning of the bone marrow.