Marjoram, oregano is a spice used for cooking soups, sauces, vegetables, meat, and fish. In combination with other spices, it is revealed every time, making it possible to cook interesting dishes every day. How useful oregano, and why should it be included in your diet?
- Traditional medicine appreciates the properties of oregano – it helps with insomnia, hypertension, neurosis, atherosclerosis, epilepsy, disorders of the intestine, chronic gastritis, diseases of the gallbladder and liver.
- The composition of oregano can be used to detect a variety of essential oils, substances such as carvacrol, thymol, tannins, and rosmarinic acid. Such a valuable part of doing oregano indispensable in several diseases.
- For women, oregano is useful in the smooth muscles of internal organs related to reproduction. A related danger – oregano has an abortive effect and can lead to the desired pregnancy’s early failure. Nursing mothers’ oregano significantly helps increase milk production when feeding the baby.
- Oregano helps to restore the menstrual cycle and can be very helpful to women who are experiencing menopause. The greens will have a calming effect on the nervous system and help the internal organs to survive the hormonal storm.
- Another beneficial effect of oregano – normalization of the functions of a sexual nature, the libido oregano inhibits, thereby reducing the likelihood of unwanted and untimely reactions organize.
- Oregano is used in children’s nutrition – it helps to calm down and prepare for sleep emotionally tired children.
- For the digestive tract, helping oregano increases the walls’ tone, and intestinal motility improves appetite and digestion. Oregano has anti-inflammatory, diuretic, and diaphoretic.
- Oregano is also used in cosmetics, based on its external use in folk medicine. So cream with oregano can remove redness, relieve itching, and, therefore, help with eczema, dermatitis, burns, and allergic reactions of the skin.
- During colds, oregano helps prevent and thinning phlegm, relieves headaches, strengthens the immune system.
For more about oregano health benefits and harms read our big article.