To have a healthy body, it is necessary from time to time to detoxify certain organs. Without our knowing it, toxins accumulate in our organs. Today I invite you to discover how detoxify your liver. If you follow these tips, you will find that detoxifying your liver also helps you lose weight.
These tips are simple, natural and effective. But the benefits for your body will be many. Plus, there are plenty of ways to detoxify your liver. There is therefore something for everyone.
Why detoxify your liver?
The liver does a great service to our body. So it is very important to take care of it and make sure it is healthy. It processes the nutrients absorbed by the intestines so that they are absorbed more efficiently. The liver also balances the composition of the blood by managing the amount of protein, sugar and fat in the blood.
The liver is also used to store minerals, vitamin A and iron. Without it, we would not be able to remove toxins such as bilirubin or ammonia from our bodies. If the liver isn’t working properly, it can’t destroy old red cells like it’s supposed to.
This organ is also responsible for producing chemicals that help the blood to clot properly. And more importantly, the liver is used to break down and metabolize alcohol and drugs.
What not to do during the detox period
To detoxify your liver, you must avoid adding toxins to your body. You should also avoid certain foods. Here is a small list of things to avoid
- The sweets
- The meat
- The alcohol
- Le chocolat
- Food supplements
Drink lots of fluids
The secret to eliminating toxins is to drink plenty of fluids. You can of course drink water, but the effect is even more effective with juices, herbal teas and broths. In addition, these preparations of all kinds can also help you lose weight.
Here is a list of juices that will help you detoxify your liver while helping you lose weight.
- Carrot juice. Wash the carrots and put them in the juicer.
- Apple juice. You can mix 1 kilo of whole apples (keep the skin) and 1 lemon. If you want, you can add a little honey.
- Grapefruit juice. With vitamin C, natural acids and antioxidants that grapefruit contains, it is the ideal fruit to detoxify your liver and lose weight.
- Lemon juice. You can start by drinking a mixture of hot water and the juice of half a fresh lemon each morning. In order to stimulate the secretion of bile and remove the waste that has accumulated in your liver, you can follow the following recipe: place 3 lemons in a saucepan filled with cold water; bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes; remove the lemons and squeeze them; mix the lemon juice with the cooking water. You can drink this mixture in the morning and between meals.
If you prefer teas and herbal teas, here is a list.
- Rosemary tea. In a liter of hot water, place about fifteen grams of dried rosemary leaves. Let it steep for about fifteen minutes, then remove the leaves. There will surely be some residue, so I advise you to filter the herbal tea before drinking it.
- Milk thistle tea. You can use milk thistle extract (2,5 grams) in a cup of hot water. You can also use a few leaves of milk thistle that you let steep in hot water for about ten minutes. If you choose this herbal tea, I advise you to drink it before each meal.
- Artichoke tea. Laboratory tests on rats have shown that injections of artichoke extracts help protect them from hepatitis. I am not suggesting an injection, but an herbal tea made from artichoke leaves. Leave about ten grams of artichoke leaves in half a liter of water for fifteen minutes. You can drink it all day, but especially at the end of a meal.
- Thyme tea. In a cup of hot water, let 2 tsp of thyme steep for a few minutes. Filter the herbal tea and drink a cup before each meal.
- Ginger tea. Peel about 5cm of ginger. Cut into thin slices or grate the piece of ginger. Bring 1 liter of water to a boil. Add the ginger and let it boil for about fifteen minutes. Take the saucepan off the heat and let it sit for about fifteen minutes. Filter the mixture and add honey and / or lemon if desired.
- Green tea. This is probably one of my favorite concoctions. Green tea helps stimulate the liver and get rid of accumulated fat and toxins. You can buy sachets of it and drink a cup in the morning and another in the afternoon.
I also discovered a very nice Youtube channel, that of Julien Allaire, naturopathic iridologist. Whether or not we believe that the iris reflects our state of mind and our health, his advice seems quite sensible to me. He made a little video with tips for cleaning his liver.
As you have seen, to detoxify your liver, you just need to follow a few instructions: do not eat the foods listed, do not smoke, do not consume alcohol or fatty and sugary foods; drink lots of fluids, especially herbal teas and natural juices.
I would also recommend that you do physical activities that will make you sweat a lot. Thanks to sweating, you will be able to eliminate toxins, and lose weight even faster thanks to herbal teas and juices.
Of course, it is not recommended to follow this detox diet if you are pregnant. And if you have any medical issues, see your doctor before you start.
If you’ve tried a liver detox before or have any questions, please drop me a line.
Photo credit: graphicstock.com