General description of the disease
Epididymitis is an inflammatory process that occurs in the epididymis, which causes swelling, edema and hyperemia in the scrotal region.
Epididymitis can occur in acute (the disease is cured within 6 weeks) and chronic (lasts more than half a year) forms. In case of untimely treatment or its absence, orchitis joins the epididymitis and then the disease will be called “epididymo-orchitis”.
Allocate sinistral (the most common form of the disease), right-handed and reversible epididymitis.
- entry of viruses, bacteria, infections, fungi that are sexually transmitted (for example, gardnerella, Trichomonas, chlamydia, gonorrhea);
- using urinary catheters;
- severe forms of prostatitis, urethritis;
- complication after the transferred mumps (mumps), with tuberculosis;
- low level of immunity.
- having anal sex (infection with Escherichia coli or fecal bacteria);
- sexual intercourse performed on a full bladder (occurs due to the reverse flow of urine);
- sterilization of a man.
Ways of infection in the epididymis:
- 1 through the blood (hematogenous) – the cause is the presence or transfer of tonsillitis, furunculosis, sepsis, hemorrhoids and other infectious diseases;
- 2 through lymph (lymphogenous) – the infection enters the epididymis through the outflow of lymph;
- 3 through the vas deferens (canalicular is the most common way of infection);
- 4 secretory (presence of orchitis).
The risk group includes guys and men from 15 to 30 years old and men who have reached 60 years old. In childhood, this disease is generally not observed.
Symptoms of epididymitis:
- blood in the semen;
- swelling in the scrotum;
- discomfort and severe pain in the lower abdomen, pelvis, groin, side;
- the formation of a tumor (cyst) in the scrotum;
- burning and severe pain during urination;
- the presence of various discharge from the urethra (urethra);
- an increase in one or two testicles in size;
- frequent or, conversely, rare urge to urinate.
Useful foods for epidymitis
To restore the functioning of the male reproductive system and relieve inflammation, it is necessary to consume foods containing vitamins of groups A, B, C, E, phosphorus, magnesium, zinc, iron and beta-carotene. These foods include the following foods:
- 1 nut-bearing: peanuts, hazel, pistachios, walnuts and pine nuts, almonds;
- 2 fruit fruits: pomegranate, lemons, oranges, figs;
- 3 all types of onions: leek, onion, green, batun (especially in combination with eggs);
- 4 seafood: shrimp, shellfish, flounder, mussels, crustaceans;
- 5 spices: mint, anise, St. John’s wort, cumin, parsley, tarragon, celery, savory, purslane, thyme;
- 6 mushrooms;
- 7 pumpkin seeds, turnip seeds (best used with boiled meat), sesame seeds;
- 8 rye bread and bran bread;
- 9 fermented milk foods: kefir, yogurt, cheese and cottage cheese (it is better to eat at home);
- 10 game and cattle meat;
- 11 honey and its by-foods.
Alfalfa will help relieve inflammation.
Traditional medicine for epidymitis
Treatment with folk methods for this disease consists in taking decoctions from herbal plants (both individually and in collections). Corn stigmas, bearberry, violet roots, beans (green beans), calamus root, wormwood, flax seeds, hop infructescence, licorice, St. dandelion (the French even recommend a dandelion diet), anise and juniper, shepherd’s purse, cinquefoil, birch leaves, celandine.
Before choosing a particular plant for treatment, you must not forget about possible allergic reactions and evaluate the body’s resistance to the selected herb and possible allergens.
In a day, you need to drink a liter of medicinal broth for 3-4 doses. This amount of water will require 4 tablespoons of the herb or herbal mixture.
In order to prevent epididymitis and exclude recurrence of the disease, you need to adhere to the following rules:
- at the slightest manifestation of infections in the body, treatment should be started immediately;
- stop all promiscuous sexual relations and have only one permanent partner;
- do not overcool and do not freeze;
- prevent injuries in the groin area;
- improve immunity (by taking vitamins).
Dangerous and harmful foods with epidymitis
- fried, fatty, spicy foods, smoked meats, canned food, marinades (must be completely excluded at the time of illness);
- alcoholic beverages;
- foods with the addition of various additives to improve the presentation and taste (dyes, leavening agents and other additives).
The administration is not responsible for any attempt to use the information provided, and does not guarantee that it will not harm you personally. The materials cannot be used to prescribe treatment and make a diagnosis. Always consult your specialist doctor!