Nutritional value and chemical composition.
The table shows the content of nutrients (calories, proteins, fats, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals) per 100 grams edible part.
|Nutrient||Quantity||Norm**||% of the norm in 100 g||% of the norm in 100 kcal||100% normal|
|Calorie value||310 kCal||1684 kCal||18.4%||5.9%||543 g|
|Proteins||11.43 g||76 g||15%||4.8%||665 g|
|Fats||5.85 g||56 g||10.4%||3.4%||957 g|
|Carbohydrates||61.47 g||219 g||28.1%||9.1%||356 g|
|Alimentary fiber||3.9 g||20 g||19.5%||6.3%||513 g|
|Water||11.9 g||2273 g||0.5%||0.2%||19101 g|
|Vitamin A, RE||27 μg||900 μg||3%||1%||3333 g|
|Vitamin B1, thiamine||0.115 mg||1.5 mg||7.7%||2.5%||1304 g|
|Vitamin B2, riboflavin||0.267 mg||1.8 mg||14.8%||4.8%||674 g|
|Vitamin B6, pyridoxine||1.01 mg||2 mg||50.5%||16.3%||198 g|
|Vitamin B9, folate||93 μg||400 μg||23.3%||7.5%||430 g|
|Vitamin C, ascorbic||80.8 mg||90 mg||89.8%||29%||111 g|
|Vitamin PP, NE||1.46 mg||20 mg||7.3%||2.4%||1370 g|
|Potassium, K||1724 mg||2500 mg||69%||22.3%||145 g|
|Calcium, Ca||111 mg||1000 mg||11.1%||3.6%||901 g|
|Magnesium, Mg||264 mg||400 mg||66%||21.3%||152 g|
|Sodium, Na||148 mg||1300 mg||11.4%||3.7%||878 g|
|Sulfur, S||114.3 mg||1000 mg||11.4%||3.7%||875 g|
|Phosphorus, P||252 mg||800 mg||31.5%||10.2%||317 g|
|Iron, Fe||11.1 mg||18 mg||61.7%||19.9%||162 g|
|Manganese, Mn||28.408 mg||2 mg||1420.4%||458.2%||7 g|
|Copper, Cu||328 μg||1000 μg||32.8%||10.6%||305 g|
|Selenium, Se||5.6 μg||55 μg||10.2%||3.3%||982 g|
|Zinc, Zn||1.09 mg||12 mg||9.1%||2.9%||1101 g|
|Saturated fatty acids|
|Saturated fatty acids||1.586 g||max 18.7 г|
|14: 0 Myristic||0.006 g||~|
|16: 0 Palmitic||1.157 g||~|
|18: 0 Stearin||0.247 g||~|
|Monounsaturated fatty acids||0.429 g||min 16.8 г||2.6%||0.8%|
|16: 1 Palmitoleic||0.003 g||~|
|18: 1 Olein (omega-9)||0.39 g||~|
|20: 1 Gadoleic (omega-9)||0.006 g||~|
|Polyunsaturated fatty acids||2.067 g||from 11.2 to 20.6||18.5%||6%|
|18: 2 Linoleic||0.754 g||~|
|18: 3 Linolenic||1.242 g||~|
|20: 4 Arachidonic||0.013 g||~|
|Omega-3 fatty acids||1.248 g||from 0.9 to 3.7||100%||32.3%|
|22: 5 Docosapentaenoic (DPC), Omega-3||0.006 g||~|
|Omega-6 fatty acids||0.767 g||from 4.7 to 16.8||16.3%||5.3%|
The energy value is 310 kcal.
- tbsp = 2.1 g (6.5 kCal)
- tsp = 0.7 g (2.2 kCal)
Saffron rich in vitamins and minerals such as: vitamin B2 – 14,8%, vitamin B6 – 50,5%, vitamin B9 – 23,3%, vitamin C – 89,8%, potassium – 69%, calcium – 11,1 %, magnesium – 66%, phosphorus – 31,5%, iron – 61,7%, manganese – 1420,4%, copper – 32,8%
- Vitamin B2 participates in redox reactions, enhances the color sensitivity of the visual analyzer and dark adaptation. Insufficient intake of vitamin B2 is accompanied by a violation of the condition of the skin, mucous membranes, impaired light and twilight vision.
- Vitamin B6 participates in the maintenance of the immune response, inhibition and excitation processes in the central nervous system, in the conversion of amino acids, in the metabolism of tryptophan, lipids and nucleic acids, contributes to the normal formation of erythrocytes, maintenance of the normal level of homocysteine in the blood. Insufficient intake of vitamin B6 is accompanied by a decrease in appetite, a violation of the condition of the skin, the development of homocysteinemia, anemia.
- Vitamin B6 as a coenzyme, they participate in the metabolism of nucleic acids and amino acids. Folate deficiency leads to impaired synthesis of nucleic acids and protein, which results in inhibition of cell growth and division, especially in rapidly proliferating tissues: bone marrow, intestinal epithelium, etc. Insufficient consumption of folate during pregnancy is one of the causes of prematurity, malnutrition, congenital malformations and developmental disorders of the child. A strong association has been shown between folate and homocysteine levels and the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Vitamin C participates in redox reactions, the functioning of the immune system, promotes the absorption of iron. Deficiency leads to loose and bleeding gums, nosebleeds due to increased permeability and fragility of the blood capillaries.
- potassium is the main intracellular ion that takes part in the regulation of water, acid and electrolyte balance, participates in the processes of nerve impulses, pressure regulation.
- Calcium is the main component of our bones, acts as a regulator of the nervous system, participates in muscle contraction. Calcium deficiency leads to demineralization of the spine, pelvic bones and lower extremities, increases the risk of osteoporosis.
- Magnesium participates in energy metabolism, synthesis of proteins, nucleic acids, has a stabilizing effect on membranes, is necessary to maintain homeostasis of calcium, potassium and sodium. Lack of magnesium leads to hypomagnesemia, an increased risk of developing hypertension, heart disease.
- Phosphorus takes part in many physiological processes, including energy metabolism, regulates acid-base balance, is a part of phospholipids, nucleotides and nucleic acids, is necessary for the mineralization of bones and teeth. Deficiency leads to anorexia, anemia, rickets.
- Iron is a part of proteins of various functions, including enzymes. Participates in the transport of electrons, oxygen, ensures the course of redox reactions and activation of peroxidation. Insufficient consumption leads to hypochromic anemia, myoglobin-deficient atony of skeletal muscles, increased fatigue, myocardiopathy, atrophic gastritis.
- Manganese participates in the formation of bone and connective tissue, is part of the enzymes involved in the metabolism of amino acids, carbohydrates, catecholamines; essential for the synthesis of cholesterol and nucleotides. Insufficient consumption is accompanied by a slowdown in growth, disorders in the reproductive system, increased fragility of bone tissue, disorders of carbohydrate and lipid metabolism.
- Copper is a part of enzymes with redox activity and involved in iron metabolism, stimulates the absorption of proteins and carbohydrates. Participates in the processes of providing the tissues of the human body with oxygen. The deficiency is manifested by disorders in the formation of the cardiovascular system and skeleton, the development of connective tissue dysplasia.
Tags: calorie content 310 kcal, chemical composition, nutritional value, vitamins, minerals, how Saffron is useful, calories, nutrients, useful properties of Saffron