Due to the fact that in our century almost the whole world is tirelessly struggling with hypertension, or high blood pressure, the problems of hypotension, or low blood pressure, are paid catastrophically little attention. It’s a pity, because the consequences of both diseases are dire. And, first of all, for the cardiovascular system. Moreover, hypotension often leads to dizziness, weakness and even deterioration of the endocrine system. And sometimes it can be the result of another disease. But in any case, it is extremely dangerous to ignore such a condition.
What is hypotension?
This pressure is below 90/60. It can be lowered by stress, eating unhealthy foods, or lacking essential nutrients.
If such cases are repeated and bring discomfort, it is imperative to consult a doctor in order to exclude the presence of more serious diseases, in particular anemia, heart disorders, dehydration, etc.
Diet and hypotension
Diet plays a very important role in the blood pressure normalization process. As a rule, having diagnosed this disease, doctors advise patients to refrain from drinking alcoholic beverages, as well as foods high in carbohydrates. Since alcohol depletes the body’s strength, and carbohydrates can provoke excess weight gain. This is despite the fact that hypotensive patients are already prone to obesity. In addition, scientists have shown that carbohydrates stimulate the production of insulin, which, in turn, overloads the central nervous system and increases blood pressure.
You also need to include more salty in your diet. In 2008, a study was conducted at the University of Cambridge, the results of which showed that salt directly affects blood pressure. The fact is that the kidneys can only process a certain amount of it. If more salt is supplied to the body, the excess enters the bloodstream and binds water. Thus, the volume of blood in the vessels increases. As a result, blood pressure rises. This study involved 11 thousand men and women from different European countries.
Research from the National Cancer Institute in 2009 showed that there is a link between eating red meat (pork, lamb, horse meat, beef, goat meat) and blood pressure. Moreover, to increase it, 160 grams of product per day is enough.
And in 1998, at the University of Milan, it was experimentally established that tyramine, or one of the constituents of the amino acid tyrosine, which is found in dairy foods and nuts, can temporarily increase blood pressure.
Oddly enough, but hypotension can occur due to a lack of certain nutrients in the body. Therefore, in order to prevent it, it is imperative to include them in your diet. It:
- 1 Vitamin B5. Responsible for the metabolic processes of carbohydrates, proteins and fats. Its lack leads to the excretion of sodium salts. And the presence in the diet – to increase vital energy and increase blood pressure. It is found in mushrooms, hard cheese, fatty fish, avocado, broccoli, sunflower seeds, and meats.
- 2 Vitamins B9 and B12. Their main purpose is to generate red blood cells and thereby prevent anemia from occurring. Often it is she who is the cause of low blood pressure. B12 is found in animal foods such as meat, particularly liver, eggs, milk, as well as fish and seafood. B9 is found in legumes, fruits, vegetables, grains, dairy and meat foods, and some types of beer.
- 3 Vitamin B1. It is necessary for the normal functioning of the cardiovascular system. It can be found in pork, cauliflower, potatoes, citrus fruits, eggs, and liver.
- 4 Vitamin C. It strengthens the walls of blood vessels. It is found in citrus fruits, grapes, etc.
In addition, it is important that a sufficient amount of proteins enter the body. They are needed to build new cells, including blood vessel cells. The best sources of protein are eggs, dairy foods, fish, and meat. Protein is also found in nuts, seeds, grains, some vegetables and legumes.
Top 6 foods that increase blood pressure
There is a list of foods that can normalize, in particular, increase blood pressure. Among them:
Grapes or raisins. Better to take “Kishmish”. Enough 30-40 berries, eaten in the morning on an empty stomach. They regulate the adrenal glands, which, in turn, normalize blood pressure.
Garlic. Its advantage is that it normalizes blood pressure by raising or lowering it as needed.
Lemon. A glass of lemon juice with a pinch of sugar and salt, drunk in moments of fatigue due to a decrease in pressure, quickly brings a person back to normal.
Carrot juice. It improves blood circulation and increases blood pressure.
Licorice root tea. It is able to prevent the production of the hormone cortisol, which is released in response to stress. And thus increase the pressure.
Caffeinated drinks. Coffee, cola, hot chocolate, energy drinks. They are able to temporarily increase blood pressure. It is still not known exactly how. Either it happens by blocking adenosine, a hormone that dilates blood vessels. Either by stimulating the adrenal glands and the production of adrenaline and cortisol, which together increase blood pressure. However, doctors recommend that hypotonic patients drink coffee with a butter and cheese sandwich. Thus, the body will receive a sufficient dose of caffeine and fats, which contribute to high blood pressure.
How else can you increase your blood pressure
- Review your diet. Eat in small portions, as large portions provoke a drop in blood pressure.
- Drink plenty of fluids, as dehydration is one of the causes of hypotension.
- Sleep only on pillows. This will prevent dizziness in the morning in hypotonic patients.
- Get out of bed slowly. Since a sharp change in position can provoke pressure surges.
- Drink raw beet juice. It prevents anemia and increases blood pressure.
- Drink warm milk with almond paste (soak almonds in the evening, and in the morning remove the skin from it and grind it in a blender). This is one of the most effective treatments for hypotension.
And also never lose heart. Even if you are suffering from hypotension. Moreover, people with low blood pressure live longer, albeit slightly worse than healthy people. Although here everything is purely individual. In any case, you need to believe in the best and live a happy, fulfilling life!
We have collected the most important points about proper nutrition to increase blood pressure and would be grateful if you share a picture on a social network or blog, with a link to this page: