Even if it seems to you that you do not have innate abilities, the neuromuscular system can be effectively worked out, improving performance by an order of magnitude. People who spend time training for speed respond faster to external stimuli.
Speed-strength qualities are necessary not only to improve sports performance: reaction and speed come in handy in everyday life. Exercise is necessary to improve form and performance and will be equally beneficial to football players, boxers, hockey players, skiers or amateurs.
Development of speed and reaction
When an athlete performs strength exercises, the muscles learn to overcome a lot of resistance. But in order for the muscles to contract faster, it is necessary to train the nervous system: in this case, the impulses will reach the muscle fibers faster. If you do not pay attention to training for the development of the reaction, then you will not be able to move faster, even with all the desire.
For the development of the reaction, the exercises must be performed at the maximum pace, with almost no pause between sets. The complex includes 6-10 exercises, depending on the degree of preparation. Beginners can start with 3-5 exercises, gradually complicating the task. After completing the cycle, you need to take a full break. Warm up well before training.
Universal exercises for speed
For training, you need a minimum of shells. You can use improvised means, for example, replace the sports bench with a cabinet.
- Jumping on a step – Use a nightstand, drawer, or any other stable support. Jump onto the support, perform jumps with your back forward.
- Lunge – Bend your leg at a 90 degree angle. Perform jumps by changing the supporting leg.
- Twisting – Perform twisting, lying on the floor, without jerking, straining the press.
- Deep squats – Sit in a deep squat. Jump up with maximum strength.
- Jumping on straight legs – Perform jumps at a fast pace. Keep your legs straight: only the feet work.
- Push ups – Take an emphasis and push off the floor with your palms with maximum force. Clap your hands.
- Side jumping – Use a bench, a stretched rope or any other object about half a meter high to jump over. Jump sideways over an object back and forth.
- Jumping rope – To complete the exercise, you will need partners: they twist the rolling pin, constantly increasing speed.
- Bouncers – A partner throws a ball at another participant. You need to dodge hits. The distance between partners is gradually reduced.
- Stair running – It is necessary to run up and down the stairs at high speed without missing a step.
Even if it seems to you that you do not have innate abilities, the neuromuscular system can be effectively worked out, improving performance by an order of magnitude. People who spend time training for speed respond faster to external stimuli. In life, you constantly have to make quick decisions – for example, when driving a car.
For a more complete development of speed-strength skills, you can include exercises with a whistle in the complex, and when taking self-defense courses, you can blindfold in order to quickly respond to tactile sensations. In addition to the usual dynamic workouts, you can also use virtual ones in moderation.