Losing weight up to 3 kg in 7 days.
The average daily calorie content is 1060 Kcal.
Squid meat is famous not only for its exquisite taste, but also for its beneficial properties. Its protein is perfectly absorbed even by a child’s body, so it is recommended to include squid in many diet programs.
The squid diet is a strict but effective weight loss technique. If you love the meat of these shellfish and are ready to show willpower to lose weight, we recommend you try this technique.
Squid diet requirements
Squid meat is a valuable dietary product. 100 grams of it contains 86 calories, while it is rich in complete quality protein. But do not buy squid packaged in bags (a la “beer snack”), but fresh or frozen.
Losing weight on a squid diet is due to a decrease in calorie intake. Usually, the energy cost of a daily menu based on this healthy seafood does not exceed 1000 calories. So if you have a significant amount of excess weight, it will go away at a decent rate. For example, on the classic weekly diet on squid and the three-day technique on squid and kefir, you can lose one unnecessary kilogram per day.
To enhance the effectiveness of the diet and reduce the manifestations of hunger, you need to drink at least 1,5 liters of pure non-carbonated water daily. Of the rest of the liquids (not taking into account the option of losing weight with the use of kefir), only tea can be left on this technique. It is best to drink green tea without added sugar. Everything sweet is prohibited.
The classic type of weight loss on squid is considered seven day diet… On it, throughout the week, you will need to adhere to the same three meals a day, which consists of squid, non-starchy vegetables, apples and juice from them, carrot juice, feta cheese.
Diet on squid and kefir provides an even more monotonous menu, so it is not recommended to sit on it for more than three days. You need to eat fractionally – at least five times a day. The menu consists of 500 g of boiled squid and 1,5-1,6 liters of kefir.
The most loyal way to lose weight of this type is considered diet on squid and eggs, on which you can lose up to 10 kilograms per month. Here you need to eat at least four times a day. It is advisable not to eat 3-4 hours before a night’s rest. The menu, in addition to squid and eggs, is based on lean animal meat, vegetables (it is better to use more non-starchy gifts of nature), low-fat curd, fruits, freshly squeezed fruit juice.
Let’s dwell on how to choose squid… In general, almost everything in these molluscs is considered edible. But we usually sell squids that are already half or completely peeled. When buying them, take a closer look at the general appearance of the carcass. Look for small squids with intact skin, bright white meat and a delicate marine scent.
Not less important cook squid properly… If you purchased frozen squid carcasses, first you need to wash and defrost them, holding them in cold water for a while. Then you need to get all the insides from the mantle. It is especially necessary to get rid of the chitinous plate (spine), it is easy to feel it with your hands inside the squid. Then you need to remove the skin from the carcass. To do this, you need to slightly cut it with a knife, take it by the edge and remove it, like a stocking. Warm (but not hot!) Water will help facilitate this process. If, after removing the skin, you find the remaining transparent film, you must also get rid of it in the same way. After cutting the squid, rinse the carcass thoroughly with cold water under the tap. Now you can start cooking the prepared carcasses. Squid meat must be handled carefully, because it is almost pure protein. Squids should not be overcooked or they will become tough like rubber. Carcasses should be boiled in boiling water for no more than two minutes. You can first add salt, a couple of lemon slices, bay leaf, allspice to the water. Cut the carcasses into rings or half rings and add them to dishes or eat them separately. The cooking tips are the same when roasting and roasting squid. Please note that long cooking for squid, as well as for other seafood, is harmful. If you want the squid meat to be even softer, lightly beat it off before boiling, this will soften all the ring muscles.
If you are not ready to go on a squid diet, you can simply modernize your usual diet a little by replacing some of the meat with these healthy seafood. The Internet is replete with an abundance of dietary dishes with the meat of this shellfish. Thus, you can significantly reduce the calorie content of the diet and lose weight smoothly and painlessly.
Diet of the seven-day squid diet
Breakfast: salad of tomatoes, cucumbers (or other non-starchy vegetables) and squid; a glass of freshly squeezed carrot juice.
Lunch: boiled squid meat (can be replaced with crab); a couple of small apples, fresh or baked.
Dinner: boiled squid; up to 70 g of feta cheese; a glass of freshly squeezed apple juice.
Diet of a three-day diet on squid and kefir
Breakfast: 100 g of boiled squid and a glass of kefir.
Snack: a glass of kefir.
Lunch: 200 g of boiled squid and a glass of kefir.
Afternoon snack: a glass of kefir.
Dinner: 200 g of squid meat and 250-300 ml of kefir.
Note… Shortly before bedtime, you can drink another glass of fermented milk product.
Example of a squid and egg diet
Breakfast: 150-200 g of low-fat cottage cheese with any chopped fruit or a handful of berries; a cup of tea.
Lunch: fruit juice (200-250 ml).
Lunch: drank vegetable soup with squid (without frying); two steam cutlets.
Dinner: a couple of chicken eggs, boiled or cooked in a dry pan; boiled squid.
Contraindications to the squid diet
- Diet taboo – pregnancy, lactation, time after illness, chronic diseases during an exacerbation, individual intolerance to the product.
- If you have an allergic reaction to any other types of seafood, then it is better not to risk it and choose another way to lose weight.
Benefits of a squid diet
- The first thing you should pay attention to is the usefulness of the main dietary product. Squid meat practically does not contain a fatty component, therefore its assimilation is easy and soft. Squid contains a large amount of folic acid and vitamins C, E, PP and group B, thanks to which they become a powerful nourishment for the body. These marine life are rich in micro and macro elements such as iodine, calcium, potassium, magnesium, zinc, selenium, phosphorus, iron, copper.
- Taurine in squid meat removes harmful cholesterol from the blood, stabilizes blood pressure and the functioning of the cardiovascular system. Selenium and vitamin E promote the removal of heavy metal salts from the body. Iodine helps the thyroid gland work. The tissues of this mollusk contain extractive substances that not only give a special taste to the product, but also activate the secretion of gastric juice and the process of digestion. Squid are included in the diet of children due to the high content of lysine and arginine, which the growing body needs.
- The use of squid improves the blood composition, strengthens the strength of blood vessels, promotes the prevention of stroke, the development of muscle tissue, strengthens the endocrine, excretory, reproductive and other vital systems of the body. In addition, the presence of squid meat in the diet has a beneficial effect on memory and brain activity, helps the body get rid of toxins, and normalizes the digestive tract.
Disadvantages of a squid diet
- Most variations of the squid diet have a rather meager diet. Weakness, lethargy, mood swings, and inappropriate hunger may occur. If you went on a tough squid diet and understand that you are about to break loose, but you don’t want to finish the technique, go, at least temporarily, to a more loyal option (for example, a diet on squid and eggs).
- Lovers of sweets, which are prohibited on the methodology, may not be easy on a diet.
- Many seafood, including squid, have strong allergenic properties. Exercise caution when using them, especially excessive ones.
- Squid meat can contain poisons and toxins from polluted sea water that are dangerous to humans. For example, mercury can lead to poisoning and serious damage to the human nervous system. Be careful and attentive when purchasing squid. It is not always possible to find high-quality and really fresh seafood in modern hypermarkets.
- Diet is not suitable for everyone due to the high cost of squid.
You can turn to a diet based on squid and kefir again after 2-3 weeks.
If you sat on the classic weekly method, then you can practice it no earlier than in a month.
It is not recommended to start a diet on squid and eggs, the longest, for the next 4-5 months.