The spine is the main support of our body, its core. Forming an axial skeleton, together with the ribs attached to it, it protects vital organs – the lungs and heart from mechanical damage, participates in body movements, in addition, it is thanks to the spine that the function of upright posture is carried out.
The spinal cord is located in the bone case of the spinal column, from which the nerve roots extend to all organs and tissues of the body. As a conductor of nerve impulses emanating from the brain, the spinal cord is divided into segments that are responsible for the work of various structures of the body.
This is interesting:
In humans, like the giraffe, the cervical spine consists of seven vertebrae. The only difference is that the length of one cervical vertebra of a person is 2.5-3 cm, and that of a giraffe is 31-35 cm!
Healthy foods for the spine
- Greens and leafy vegetables. They contain a large amount of organic calcium, which is necessary to ensure the strength of each vertebra. Celery, spinach, alfalfa and collard greens are especially beneficial.
- Dairy products, cottage cheese and cheese. Natural milk, kefir, yoghurts and other dairy products are necessary for the strength of the entire bone apparatus, including the spine. At the same time, the calcium contained in them does not tend to be deposited in the form of stones, but is entirely spent on the needs of the body’s skeletal system.
- Onion and garlic. They protect the spinal cord from infectious diseases by strengthening the body’s immunity.
- Carrot. It is an excellent antioxidant, carrots are able to slow down the aging process of the body. Drinking carrot juice with milk promotes the growth and regeneration of bone tissue.
- Fatty fish and seafood. They contain organic phosphorus and polyunsaturated fatty acids, which are essential for the strength of the vertebrae.
- Jelly, cartilage and seaweed. These products are rich in substances that ensure the normal functioning of the intervertebral discs.
- Fish liver, egg yolk and butter. They are rich in vitamin D, which is responsible for the maintenance of calcium in the vertebrae.
- Herring and olive oil. Sources of vitamin F, which has an anti-inflammatory effect on the spine.
- Citrus fruits, currants and rose hips. They are reliable sources of vitamin C, which is responsible for nourishing the spine.
To ensure the health of the spine, it must be provided with adequate nutrition, as well as monitor the implementation of the following recommendations:
- You should sleep on an even and soft enough bed.
- Observe the regime of work and rest. Lead an active lifestyle. It is necessary to engage in special therapeutic exercises for the spine, which will correct posture and strengthen the back muscles.
- Eat in moderation. Fasting days or medical fasting cleanse the body of toxins well, accelerate the excretion of salts from the body.
- Strengthen the body’s immunity. This will help prevent spinal cord inflammation and keep you alert and active.
- To avoid deformation of the vertebrae, it is necessary to learn how to properly lift weights.
- Uncomfortable footwear leading to a change in gait should be avoided. As a result of wearing such shoes, there is a high risk of deformation of the spine and intervertebral discs.
- The following procedures have a positive effect on the health of the spine: massage, manual therapy, remedial gymnastics, joint gymnastics, hirudotherapy (leech therapy), and acupuncture.
- Of the unconventional methods of treating the spine, the systems of Katsuzo Nishi and Paul Bragg have proven themselves well. From modern, the system of Valentin Dikul is known throughout the world. This man was not only able to overcome the disease of the spine, but also, with the help of his books and seminars, teaches this to other people.
Traditional methods of improving the spine
There are many different recipes for spine health. The most popular remedy for diseases of the spine is kerosene. It is mixed with fir oil, beet juice or hot pepper. It is believed that kerosene compresses are good for rheumatism, sciatica and sciatica.
Traditional medicine advises, as additional remedies, the use of a decoction of birch buds, rubbing on birch buds, as well as hot compresses from Jerusalem artichoke.
Harmful products for the spine
- Coffee, tea, carbonated drinks… Calcium is removed from the bone tissue, which softens the vertebrae, increasing the risk of spinal deformity.
- Alcohol… As a result of vasospasm, the nutrition of the bone and cartilaginous tissue of the spine, as well as the spinal cord, is disrupted.
- Oatmeal… Hinders the absorption of calcium.
- Fat meat… Due to the content of a large amount of cholesterol, it can disrupt the patency of blood vessels, as a result of which the nutrition of the spine worsens.
- Salt… Excessive use of salt leads to fluid retention in the body. This can also affect the health of the spinal cord located inside the spine. It can be compressed due to the presence of large blood vessels near it, which are filled with fluid.