Healthy teeth and gums are a wonderful decoration for your face. In the old days, a person’s health and his working capacity were determined by the teeth.
Today, a beautiful smile is an important attribute of a person’s attractiveness. It facilitates the establishment of social contacts, helps to achieve success in society. In addition to the socio-aesthetic function, teeth and gums have a very important anatomical significance.
The encyclopedia says that teeth are bone formations in the oral cavity that serve to grind food. In addition, they play an essential role in the pronunciation of many sounds. The teeth are located in the gingival pockets. The main function of the gums is to protect teeth from loosening and falling out.
Healthy products for teeth and gums
- Carrot. Contains carotene, useful for the mucous membrane of the mouth and gums. Strengthens tooth enamel. In its raw form it is an excellent trainer for teeth and gums.
- Milk. Contains calcium, which is a building block for teeth.
- Fish. Contains phosphorus, which is also essential for teeth.
- Greens. An excellent source of organic calcium.
- Seaweed. Due to the high content of iodine and other beneficial trace elements, it restores the body’s metabolism.
- Apples. Perfectly massage the gums, cleanse, remove plaque.
- Pumpkin. Contains fluoride, zinc and selenium. Perfectly whitens teeth, makes them stronger and healthier.
- Chicory. Restores metabolism. Stimulates blood circulation in the oral cavity.
- Bow. Contains vitamin C, phytoncides. Helps strengthen the gums. Prevents the occurrence of scurvy.
- 1 The health of your teeth and gums depends on the health of your entire body. Therefore, doctors recommend regular exercise, which stimulates blood circulation in the body and strengthens the immune system.
- 2 The diet should contain a sufficient amount of non-acidic vegetables and fruits, which are an excellent source of vitamins and minerals. In addition, eating them raw stimulates blood circulation in the oral cavity, cleanses and massages the gums, and strengthens the tooth enamel.
- 3 Daily finger massage of the gums is an excellent prevention of periodontal disease.
- 4 The most important source of fluoride is water. With a lack of fluoride, tooth enamel weakens. With its excess, the teeth become covered with black dots. Therefore, it is advisable to drink only the water that is most useful for the teeth!
- 5 It is believed that tooth powder is more beneficial for the teeth than toothpaste. You can also clean your teeth with crushed salt and vegetable oil. True, to taste, this recipe is not suitable for everyone. But this method was even approved by the USSR Ministry of Health! You can also brush your teeth with ashes from banana or eggplant peels. This powder is said to whiten tooth enamel well.
- 6 Yogis and some adherents of healthy lifestyles use twigs of cherry, pear or oak as a toothbrush. To do this, one end of the branch is flattened to divide it into fibers. Use like a regular toothbrush.
- 7 A sufficient amount of water on an empty stomach starts up the entire gastrointestinal tract, which is a good prevention of dental plaque and a guarantee of full digestion.
- 8 Food that is too cold or hot increases the risk of cracked tooth enamel. It is advisable to eat food only at room temperature.
- 9 Caries can be stopped by restoring the body’s defenses. The main thing is to establish a diet, the full value of the daily diet. Hardening procedures and feasible physical activity also help to get rid of the main tooth decayer – caries.
Traditional methods of healing teeth and gums
- A decoction of chicory with milk in some cases helps well to restore tooth enamel. Condensed milk with chicory will work as well. Take a few tablespoons a day, at least a week. At the same time, more often use stewed fish, which is an excellent source of phosphorus and iodine.
- Propolis tinctures with calamus are considered the most powerful remedy in folk medicine for strengthening teeth and gums. Before rinsing, a few drops of propolis and calamus tincture are mixed in a glass. Rinsing relieves gum inflammation and strengthens tooth enamel. Propolis is very beneficial for the entire oral cavity. In addition, it is one of the main components of many drugs for periodontal disease.
- Calcium-containing powders are still used to strengthen teeth, restore enamel. For example, powdered eggshells are suitable. But for its absorption, you need the presence of vitamin D, which must either be consumed in the form of fish oil, or taken in the sun.
Harmful products for teeth and gums
- Roasted and unpeeled sunflower seeds… When cleaning seeds from the hard shell with teeth, mechanical damage to the enamel of the teeth occurs. With frequent repetition, the enamel may not be restored. Large amounts of shelled sunflower seeds can lead to chemical damage to the tooth enamel, due to the presence of substances harmful to the teeth in the fried seeds, which cause fragility of the outer shell of the tooth.
- Crackers and other coarse foods… In large quantities, it is harmful to the enamel and can injure the gums.
- Baking and fast food… Those who like to eat such foods should think about the condition of their teeth and gums in the future. Since refined and soft food cannot provide a full-fledged chewing load. With regular preference of such products, the gums become loose, creating a threat of tooth loss, and the tooth enamel becomes fragile and thin, which creates conditions for the penetration of infection into the teeth.
- Lemonade, Coca-Cola and other sugary carbonated drinks. Contains chemicals that are harmful to teeth. They destroy the enamel.
- Sugar and oatmeal… Block calcium absorption.
- Cherries, currants and other sour fruit berries. Contains fruit acids that destroy tooth enamel.