- The result of cleansing the liver
- Articles on cleansing other organs:
Improper nutrition and bad habits do not pass without leaving a trace for the body. Over time, he becomes more and more vulnerable to various diseases, which cannot but affect the quality of life of the person himself. His performance decreases, lethargy, weakness, unhealthy skin color, and even a breakdown are noted. It helps to get rid of all these problems regular liver cleansing – an organ that plays one of the most important roles in the life of the body.
The liver and the functions it performs
Few people know that the liver is the largest internal organ. It is located in the right hypochondrium, while occupying an impressive area of the abdominal cavity. The liver weighs 1200 – 1800 grams, and the shape resembles a mushroom cap.
Day after day, the liver performs over 70 different functions in the body, including the implementation of complex chemical processes. That is why the temperature inside this organ is incredibly high, which gave reason to call it a liver (from the word “bake“).
The role of the liver in the body can hardly be overestimated. First of all, it protects the human body from harmful substances. It happens as follows: blood is driven through the liver more than 400 times per day, clearing itself of toxins, poisons, all kinds of viruses and bacteria. All of them are broken down here, “rendered harmless” by transformation into a water-soluble form, and then excreted from the body. All these harmful substances can be contained in:
- 1 food foods in the form of dyes, food additives;
- 2 alcoholic beverages and medicines;
- 3 air, which is often oversaturated with exhaust gases, heavy metals, bacteria, germs, etc.
In addition, the liver protects the body from its waste foods, for example, when it comes to excess hormones or vitamins, metabolism, as a result of which toxins can be formed – acetone.
The transformation of vital nutrients – fats, proteins and carbohydrates into an easily digestible form is carried out directly in the liver. Here, enzymes are formed that are necessary for the digestion and assimilation of food, as well as bile, which, among other things, destroys pathogenic bacteria in the intestines.
Moreover, the processes of hematopoiesis also depend on the work of the liver, which is why in medical circles it is called nothing else than “blood depot“. The blood itself can be stored here in a volume of up to 2 liters in case of serious blood loss or shock. It is also in the liver that substances are synthesized that are responsible for blood clotting and fluidity. Finally, the liver is a real storehouse of nutrients, including glycogen, vitamins, and cations of various metals.
Why do you need liver cleansing
Taking into account the functions of the liver in the body, it is easy to guess that it is a kind of filter, which, over time, can become clogged and worse perform the duties assigned to it. And all because of toxins and toxins that accumulate in the cells of this organ and disable them. As a result, the rest work with less efficiency, allowing harmful compounds into the general bloodstream. Initially, a person may not even feel this, but over time he will certainly notice changes in his health. And visible signs will indicate that.
How to determine the need for a liver cleanse
The best and surest way to determine if you need a liver cleanse is to see your doctor. He will be able to examine the patient, carry out all the necessary tests and write out a consultation opinion. Meanwhile, you can also detect liver problems with the naked eye. They are indicated by:
- persistent colds that occur as a result of reduced immunity (see the article How to increase immunity);
- gynecological diseases in women, including early menopause;
- digestive problems, including constipation, nausea, lack of appetite;
- obesity due to liver overload with toxins and carcinogens;
- the development of diabetes mellitus;
- unhealthy skin color, the appearance of redness, rash on it, as well as dryness and itching of the skin;
- changes in the color of feces and urine;
- hair loss;
- fatigue, irritability, insomnia, depression and other nervous disorders;
- frequent headaches;
- edema, which is a consequence of imbalance in water balance;
- the development of varicose veins or other diseases of the veins and blood vessels;
- bleeding disorders;
- deterioration of vision;
- pain in the right side;
- a bitter or metallic taste in the mouth;
- feeling of coated tongue.
How to cleanse the liver in medicine
Liver cleansing procedures are incredibly popular with health advocates. In medical practice, heightened attention is not shown to them. At the same time, if it is necessary to cleanse this organ, doctors most often prescribe herbal infusions or medical choleretic drugs designed to cleanse the biliary tract, including inside the liver.
In some cases, patients may also be prescribed procedures for dissolving stones by catheterization or crushing them using ultrasound.
How to prepare your body for a liver cleanse
Liver cleansing is a serious procedure, the success of which depends solely on preparation for it. Otherwise, instead of the desired amazing results, you can get a lot of problems, or even end up on the surgeon’s table.
That is why the very first and important stage of preparation is a visit to the doctor. He will determine the acidity of gastric juice, conduct an ultrasound examination of the whole body in general and the biliary tract in particular, making sure that there are no large stones in the latter. Finally, he will check the patient for contraindications to cleaning, which in the future may cost him health.
The main principles of preparation for wellness procedures are: proper moderate nutrition, cleansing enemas, warming up. The preparation is usually extended over 4 to 5 weeks or at an accelerated pace in 7 days. At that time:
- 1 They switch to a moderate vegetarian menu, following the principles of separate nutrition. At this stage, it is important to give up flour, fatty, salty, smoked, as well as alcoholic beverages. Instead, the diet should include honey, vegetable oils, dried fruits, nuts, fruits, bran, cereals (for example, millet). Freshly squeezed juices – apple, beetroot, carrot, choleretic teas, raisins decoction will be useful. This diet aims to cleanse the stomach and small intestines.
- 2 They cleanse the intestines daily and with enemas. The latter are best set in the morning from 5 to 7 o’clock, since during this period the maximum activity of this organ is recorded. On the first day, the volume of warm water for the enema should be 0,5 – 0,7 liters, on the second – 1 liter, and then 1,5 liters.
- 3 On the day of the procedure, along with bowel cleansing, it is recommended to refuse food in favor of warm water and choleretic teas.
- 4 During the day and night on the day before the procedure, the liver is warmed up. To do this, a heating pad is periodically applied to the right hypochondrium for 1,5 – 2 hours. It can be replaced by hot poultices of flax and oat seeds, applied for 30 to 40 minutes.
Recommendations for liver cleansing
- There is an opinion that it is best to cleanse the liver on the eve of the full moon in the spring (in March, April), since during this period it is most active.
- During the procedure, attitude is very important. Good spirits, good mood, calmness, poise are the key components of success. You can not start wellness cleaning being tired or sick.
- The very first cleaning in a person’s life should be extremely gentle. This will allow you to trace the reaction of the body to the procedure itself.
- Do not start cleaning if there is a feeling of fear. The latter spasms the vessels and bile ducts and nullifies all efforts. At the same time, confidence allows you to get rid of fear. That is why practicing experts advise to start cleaning only after reading 2 – 3 books on this topic.
- Prolonged fasting, hard physical work on the eve of cleaning (3 – 5 days before it) are already serious contraindications to it.
- It is not recommended to cleanse the liver in autumn, as at this time of the year the organ is weakened as much as possible.
- It is imperative to consider individual rhythms. Ideally, it is better to perform the wellness procedure in the second or fourth phase of the moon, since at this time toxins are easier to remove from the body. Ignoring this rule can lead to the most unexpected, and not always pleasant, results.
- It is advisable to cleanse the liver only after cleansing the intestines.
The result of cleansing the liver
After a properly performed liver cleansing procedure, a person feels a surge of strength and an improvement in overall health. All this is achieved thanks to blood purification, the positive effect of which is felt by all organs and systems. At the same time, headaches stop in a person, digestion is normalized, an unpleasant taste in the mouth and bad breath disappear. He himself suffers less often from colds or tolerates them more easily.
Along with this, other results of the beneficial effect of cleaning are noted:
- 1 the skin color improves, it itself acquires a healthy, even color and literally radiates health. Along with this, dark circles and bags under the eyes disappear, wrinkles are smoothed;
- 2 the color of the whites of the eyes changes by improving the nutrition of the capillaries and blood vessels. They become bright and shiny again;
- 3 mood changes: apathy, irritability, depression disappear, good spirits appear and a desire to live to the fullest. According to experts, this is not surprising, because even the word “choleric“Comes from the Greek”chole “, which means”bile“;
- 4 the person is changing. He becomes more rested, healthy, active. Everything is explained by the launched mechanism of rejuvenation due to the cleansing of the natural filter.
Interestingly, the gallbladder is cleansed along with the liver.
What to do after a liver cleanse
Along with the preparation for the wellness procedure, getting out of it is also of great importance. That is why, within 2 – 3 days, or even a couple of weeks after cleaning, you must adhere to a vegetarian diet… Immediately after cleansing, it is better to drink freshly squeezed juice, for example, apple or carrot juice. Also, do not remove the heating pad at the same moment, perhaps the release of toxins from the body will continue.
In addition, you should be prepared for the fact that not all stones will come out, and some of them will simply change their position, which may cause pain. In such cases, experts advise to consult a doctor or repeat the procedure after a while.
How often do you need to cleanse your liver?
Ideally, the liver cleansing procedure should be performed once a year. Meanwhile, in some cases, you can resort to it once a month or once a week for prophylaxis, especially after the first procedure, when the possibility of incomplete cleansing of the body remains.
Contraindications and warnings of liver cleansing
Self-cleaning of the liver, even with the best proven methods that have helped millions, is always a huge risk to your own health! That is why it is possible to decide on such procedures only after a preliminary consultation with a doctor. He will also be able to conduct all the necessary research and exclude the presence of large stones in the gallbladder, which can cause serious harm to the body.
Along with a large number of people who are satisfied with the cleaning procedure, there are always those for whom its outcome was sad. And this is not surprising, because ignoring any stages of preparation for cleansing the body, recommendations, contraindications or individual advice from specialists can end in failure.
It is forbidden to cleanse the liver:
- in the presence of large stones in the gallbladder;
- any chronic ailments;
- colds and infectious diseases;
- parasites in internal organs;
- during or just before menstruation;
- during pregnancy and lactation;
- in moments of nervous overexcitement, fear, stress;
- if you are allergic to any of the components used for cleaning;
- with oncology, especially if it touched the digestive system.
Along with this, we must not forget about special cases. For example, rosehip is contraindicated for gastritis or increased acidity of the stomach. It is not recommended to use it for people suffering from diabetes mellitus, thrombophlebitis, heart disease.
For those suffering from cardiovascular ailments or sudden pressure surges, cleaning methods using olive oil are prohibited. In diabetes, raisins, honey, holosas and other components that can affect blood sugar levels are contraindicated. With cholecystitis, ulcers, enterocolitis, magnesia is prohibited. We must not forget that the latter is capable of lowering blood pressure.
Liver cleansing is an effective wellness procedure that always carries risks. How exactly your body will react to it, no one knows. That is why it is so important to study all the available information well, undergo the necessary examinations with a doctor and, only having secured his opinion, proceed with its implementation with confidence.