- How to properly switch to a vegetarian diet
- Mindfulness is the first step towards vegetarianism
- The key to success is pragmatism
- Give up meat? Easily!
- Down with salt!
- We continue our way
- Think over the diet!
- About a gradual and abrupt transition to vegetarianism
- Secrets of a quick and painless transition to vegetarianism
- More articles on vegetarianism:
For some, a vegetarian diet is a way of life, for others it is a philosophy. But regardless of its value, this is one of the few nutritional systems that can literally rejuvenate the body, making it healthier and more resilient, and the person himself happy. True, subject to careful planning of your diet and the correct transition to vegetarianism.
How to properly switch to a vegetarian diet
The transition to a new power system must be done consciously. It is imperative to carefully study everything about vegetarianism, while realizing that it involves avoiding meat, fish or milk, but not protein. Being actually a building material not only for muscles, but also for all cells of the body, it must be present in the diet.
Advice from nutritionists regarding the transition to vegetarianism will also be useful. There are a lot of them, some advocate a slow and gradual change in eating habits, others – a sharp one. But they all mention possible mistakes that can adversely affect the state of the body, thereby provoking its stress and exacerbation of chronic diseases. That is why you need to know them and try to avoid them in every possible way.
Mindfulness is the first step towards vegetarianism
Not only doctors, but also experienced vegetarians insist that the transition to this nutrition system should be preceded by awareness. Why should you give up meat? What do I want to achieve? Am I pursuing a religious purpose and want to free all animals from suffering? Do I want to lose weight, protect myself from serious diseases, meet old age without pain and live a long and happy life? Or, finally, I just strive to heed the call of nature and become herbivorous again?
Vegetarianism is a philosophy, and the people who inherit it are deeply ideological. You can’t go vegetarian just because it’s trendy. An organism accustomed to eating meat will demand meat, and the person himself will constantly experience a feeling of hunger, which will exhaust him, make him angry and unhappy.
The key to success is pragmatism
The easiest way to go vegetarian is by changing your attitude towards food. Food is vitamins and minerals, a complex of fats, proteins and carbohydrates that provide the body with energy and help it function. Dot.
You should not be sophisticated in the process of cooking it. It is better to completely abandon complex methods of processing foods that involve baking in the oven for several hours or, even worse, wrapping some ingredients in others. It is also better to remove from the diet dishes that require more than 6 components to cook.
It is believed that our taste preferences are subjective. And if today we most often like what is harmful, then tomorrow the situation may radically change. The main thing is to realize your readiness for change.
Give up meat? Easily!
It is difficult for a person who has eaten meat foods for many years to exclude them from their diet overnight. But in order to simplify this process, nutritionists recommend giving up, first of all, meat. These are the exact ways of cooking that make it delicious.
True, along with this, they contribute to the burning of protein structures and the formation of carcinogens, which leads to the development of oncological diseases. Having abandoned them, you can easily and painlessly switch to vegetarianism.
At this stage, you can simply boil a piece of any meat and eat it without spices and sauces. In this form, it is tasteless and the body will understand it.
Down with salt!
After that, it’s time to give up and give up. It changes the taste and hides the real taste of the food. That is why a boiled piece of meat now needs to be eaten not only without spices and sauce, but also without salt. And if it’s just “Tasty!” it used to be, but now, in general, “Tasteless!”.
This step is one of the most important for people who have made the decision to go vegetarian. From this moment they begin to understand that meat is not only harmful, but also tasteless! Therefore, there is no more reason to continue eating it!
We continue our way
After that, it’s time to give up fish, if such a goal is set. Of course, it contains, without which, it would seem, the body cannot cope. But, on the other hand, it also contains cholesterol. Moreover, in some types of fish it is 3 times more than in beef or chicken.
At this stage, it is important to give up all types of meat and all types of fish overnight, simply believing that they are undesirable foods. If you do this gradually, giving up them one by one, you may never become a vegetarian.
Think over the diet!
For many, giving up meat is tantamount to giving up cooking altogether. This should not be done for at least two reasons. First, the transition to a raw food diet is best done after the transition to vegetarianism in order to save the body from unnecessary stress. Secondly, there are a huge number of delicious vegetarian options. And the vegetarian diet itself is much more varied than the meat-eating one.
When preparing food, vegetarians can combine different ingredients, which, depending on the variety, ripeness or ratio, will give different tastes. Thus, from day to day, having a vegetarian set of foods at hand, it will be possible to cook real masterpieces and enjoy not only new tastes, but also favorable changes in your body.
About a gradual and abrupt transition to vegetarianism
There are 2 options for switching to a vegetarian diet – gradual and cutting.
- 1 It provides for a slow change in their habits, the gradual replacement of meat foods with vegetable foods, when the proportion of meat first decreases, and then the person completely refuses from it. It can last from 4 to 6 months. Its advantage is that it allows the body to readjust to a new diet almost painlessly. And the disadvantage is that it is at this stage that many generally refuse to switch to vegetarianism. Simply because there are too many temptations around.
- 2 It is also called swift and more efficient. Doctors describe it as follows: after compulsory training, which only a nutritionist can talk about, a person begins to starve. The hunger strike process lasts about 7-10 days. During this time, a kind of “resetting of the initial settings” occurs in the body. After that, under the supervision of the same specialist, the so-called. phase out of fasting. However, a person does not return to a meat diet, but eats exclusively plant foods. And enjoys it!
Which of these methods is better is up to you! The main thing is to remember that regardless of your choice, you must be examined by a doctor and exclude the presence of contraindications to a vegetarian diet.
Secrets of a quick and painless transition to vegetarianism
- It is best carried out during the summer season. First, this period is rich in a variety of vegetables and fruits. And, secondly, at this time, metabolic processes are improved and.
- Together with meat, it is better to give up both sugar and sugar-containing and refined foods, as well as fast food, coffee and carbonated drinks, since they have no place in the diet of a healthy person. Moreover, you can replace any sweets with honey.
- Do not forget about cereals and cereals. Along with vegetables, fruits and nuts, they will help diversify the diet and make up for the lack of nutrients, in particular B vitamins, which the body may experience at first.
- It is imperative to add spices, spices and seasonings to cooked dishes, however, you need to choose those that do not contain additives and flavor enhancers. Firstly, they allow you to radically change the taste of dishes, and, secondly, to cure diseases, if any, or simply recuperate faster.
- It is imperative to listen to your body. Changing your diet is always uncomfortable. But even if after some time he requires meat, most likely, he simply does not have enough protein. If the feeling of hunger persists, you need to increase the amount of food eaten. In the end, 200 grams of vegetable calorie does not match 200 grams of meat. If there is an upset stomach, then it is better to remove all unfamiliar foods, leaving only the familiar and proven ones. You can enter new ones only after complete recovery.
- Remember, not all vegetarian foods are good for you. Vegetarian fast food – fried or zucchini, soy burgers – can do as much harm as meat.
- It is also better to once again consult with a nutritionist and add a good vitamin complex at first.
- It is extremely important to believe in yourself and not deviate from what is planned. At the beginning of the transition to a vegetarian diet, the digestive system still produces as much enzymes and juice as it needs to digest coarse meat fibers. Therefore, a person may experience discomfort and slight hunger. But over time, the situation changes radically and the body successfully adapts to the new diet.
And, most importantly, when switching to a vegetarian diet, you need to maintain a good mood and good spirits and enjoy the changes that are taking place!