How long to cook yoghurt soup?
Cook yoghurt soup for 20-25 minutes.
How to make yoghurt soup
Yogurt yogurt (or other non-sweet white yogurt) – XNUMX/XNUMX cup
Egg – 1 piece
Flour – 90 grams
Rice – a third of a glass
Butter – small cube
Vegetable oil – 20 milliliters
Dried mint – medium handful
Salt – to taste
How to make yogurt soup
1. Wash the rice.
2. Pour 200 ml of water into a saucepan without enamel coating, add salt – a third of a teaspoon, add rice.
3. Place a saucepan with rice on a low heat, keep on the stove from the beginning of the boil for 10 minutes, until half cooked.
4. Wash the egg, break it into a separate saucepan for the soup.
5. Put in a saucepan with egg yogurt, flour, mix well with a spoon.
6. Pour 1 liter of water into the egg-yogurt mixture, mix well.
7. Put semi-cooked rice in a saucepan with yoghurt mixture, mix.
8. Place a saucepan with a yoghurt mixture on high heat, pour in vegetable oil, wait for a boil.
9. Add a cube of butter, reduce heat to low, cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
10. Salt yoghurt soup, keep on the stove for another three minutes.
11. Sprinkle mint on the prepared yoghurt soup in bowls.
– Yoghurt soup should be salted at the end of cooking to prevent curdling of the yoghurt. For the same reason, the soup does not need to be covered with a lid when boiling.
– Instead of rice, you can put wheat, barley, bulgur, beans or chickpeas, noodles, pasta in yoghurt soup. Pasta should be placed less than cereals, as they swell more.
– To make yoghurt soup even more satisfying, you can cook it in meat broth. For flavor, you can put red hot peppers in such a soup.
– In Turkey, a variety of yoghurt soup called Yayla cool is widespread. According to the traditional recipe, Yaila yogurt is used in such a soup, and mint with red pepper, pre-fried in butter, is added.
– Another type of yoghurt soup is Spas or Tanov Apur. Instead of rice, dzavar is put in it – a cereal obtained from slightly boiled, and after dried, peeled from the shell of wheat grains. Sour cream and fried onions are also added to this soup.