How long to cook vichyssoise?
Cook Vichyssoise soup for 1 hour.
How to make Vichyssoise soup
Potatoes – 500 grams
Chicken broth – 1 liter
Leeks – 500 grams
Green onions – 1 medium bunch
Onions – 1 piece
Butter – 100 grams
Cream 10% fat – 200 milliliters
How to make vichyssoise soup
1. Peel the onion, cut it into small cubes.
2. Wash the potatoes, peel, cut into cubes with a side of 1 centimeter.
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the finely chopped onion, stir until the onion becomes transparent.
4. Add the leeks and fry with the onions until the leeks are tender.
5. Pour chicken broth over vegetables.
6. Add the peeled potatoes to the pot.
7. Wait until it boils, season with salt, pepper and cook for 30 minutes.
8. Pour the prepared soup into a blender, add cold cream, beat until puree.
9. Chill, serve with green onions.
– Vichyssoise soup can be chilled very quickly by placing it on the balcony in frosty weather or by lowering the pot in a sink with cold water.
– Traditionally, Vichyssoise is eaten cold in hot weather. Chill it for 30 minutes before serving. Nevertheless, it is allowed to use this soup warm.
– 100 grams of visisoise contains 95 kilocalories.
– Leek is the basis of Vichyssoise. According to the tradition that came from the homeland of this soup, from France, it must first be fried with potatoes, and then stewed over low heat in chicken broth for half an hour. Before serving, add cream to the vegetable mass and beat with a blender until smooth.
– The recipe for Vichyssoise soup appeared at the beginning of the XNUMXth century. The creator of the dish is considered the Frenchman Liu Dia, the chef of one of the New York restaurants. As the author of the culinary masterpiece himself noted, his family memories pushed him to the idea of a cold soup. Louis’s mother and grandmother often cooked traditional Parisian onion soup for lunch. However, in the heat, I wanted something cooler, so he and his brother liked to dilute it with milk. This peculiarity of cooking formed the basis for vichyssoise. By the way, the soup got its name in honor of the French resort of Vichy, which was located near the chef’s native place.
– Traditionally, Vichyssoise soup is served with fried shrimp salad and fennel. The salad dressing is a mixture of olive oil and lemon juice. The soup is also served with a cucumber salad with green onions and sour cream. To improve the texture of the dish and for a softer taste, it is recommended to remove the skin before cooking from vegetables.