How long to cook chankonabe
It takes 1 hours to prepare 1,5 liter of chankonabe soup.
How to make chankonabe soup
Broth (chicken) – 1,5 liters
Chicken fillet – 200 grams
Wheat noodles – 50 grams
Egg – 1 piece
Chinese cabbage – 50 grams
Green onions – 10 grams
Garlic – 1 wedge
Potato starch – 0,5 tablespoon
Miso (paste) – 40 grams (2 tablespoons)
Soy sauce – 7 tablespoons
Mirin – 5 tablespoons
Sesame – to taste
Sugar – 0,5 tablespoon
Black pepper – on the end of the knife
How to cook chankonabe
1. Put chicken broth on fire, pour in mirin, soy sauce, add half of miso paste and sugar. Pepper, add sesame seeds.
2. Boil the broth, add 100 grams of shiitake mushrooms. After boiling again, remove the foam with a spoon, reduce heat, cook for 15 minutes.
3. Grind 200 grams of chicken fillet in a meat grinder (or in a blender).
4. Combine the chicken fillet with the second half of the miso pasta, egg, crushed garlic and chopped green onions.
5. Add the starch and stir the ball mixture.
6. Scoop up the mixture with a spoon and mold balls with a radius of 3-4 centimeters.
7. Boil the broth, put the chicken balls, reduce heat, cook for 10 minutes.
5. Add 50 grams of noodles and cook the chankonabe for another 5 minutes.
6. Place chopped Chinese cabbage in the soup and cook the chankonabe for another 5 minutes.
– Tyankonabe is a nutritious soup from the diet of sumo wrestlers. “Tian” means “daddy” (retired sumoist, who is also a cook), “nabe” means “bowler hat”.
“Chiankonabe is made from any available food, so there is no strict recipe for this soup. Different sumo schools also have their own special recipes for chankonabe. Additional ingredients that can be added to chankonabe soup without breaking the concept are chicken, beef or fish, noodles, tofu (bean curd), miso (fermented bean or cereal paste), shiitake mushrooms, vegetables.
– Mirin in the recipe can be replaced with fruit wine.
See more recipes for all soups and their cooking times!