Lemon water is an easy and surprisingly healthy morning cleanse drink. In the early morning, first of all, mix the juice of a whole lemon with spring water at room temperature – it will wake you up and help the body cleanse itself.
Some experts advise mixing lemon juice with warm or even hot water. While hot, you can use the drink as a healthy replacement for your morning coffee, but it’s healthier to drink lemon juice with room temperature water. It is best that the water is not too cold, as this can be a bit of a shock to your digestive system when you just wake up.
Quick and easy
Wash the lemon. Cut it “along the line of the equator”, squeeze out the juice, remove the seeds from it, fill it with water and drink immediately. The preparation of lemon water takes no more than a minute. Therefore, why not try?
12 good reasons to drink lemon water
1. Fresh lemon juice with water, especially first thing in the morning, can help relieve or prevent digestive problems such as bloating, intestinal gas, and heartburn and stimulate the overall digestive process.
2. Lemons have an antiseptic effect and a powerful cleansing effect on the liver, kidneys and blood. An overloaded liver, in particular, has an impact on how you feel. Lemon water is an easy, affordable way to cleanse your liver every morning and can boost your vitality for the long haul.
3. Lemon water in the morning is a great way to get a fair portion of your daily vitamin C requirement. It is also a good source of folic acid and minerals like potassium, calcium, and magnesium.
4. The rich mineral composition of lemons alkalizes the body, despite the presence of citric acid in fruits.
5. Lemon water will help prevent both constipation and diarrhea.
6. Water with lemon will favorably affect the condition of your skin. The high vitamin C content will play a role in this, but overall the cleansing and antioxidant effect is likely to be even more powerful.
7. Lemons have been shown to have anti-carcinogenic properties. Lemon’s protective effect lasts longer than most other natural anti-cancer compounds.
8. Lemon water helps the liver produce more bile needed to digest fats. The drink is especially useful in anticipation of a hearty breakfast.
9. The antibacterial properties of lemon help treat respiratory tract infections. If you feel a sore throat, you can make a warm lemon drink every two hours. You probably won’t need this advice if you start drinking lemon water every morning.
10. Lemon water also helps to reduce the amount of mucus in the body. If you drink cow’s milk (a mucus-forming product) often, then lemon water every morning can help reduce the formation of mucus in the body.
11. Many weight loss resources recommend drinking lemon water. However, miracles won’t happen if you don’t avoid foods that make you fat and get enough exercise. But lemon water is definitely a beneficial addition to any fat reduction plan.
12. Lemon water is a great way to get rid of bad breath early in the morning. Lemon’s high antioxidant and antibacterial activity may also help reduce body odor over time.