Losing weight up to 5 kg in 5 days.
The average daily calorie content is 550 Kcal.
Crab meat boasts great flavor and is low in calories. As you know, many celebrities lose weight on the crab diet. But you don’t have to be a star to lose weight with this seafood.
Crab diet requirements
Of course the most perfect observance crab diet – eating real crab meat. But due to the high cost of the product, not all people can lose weight in this way. Crab sticks will come to your rescue, they also have a low calorie content. If 100 grams of crab meat contains about 75 calories, then energy sticks contain only 5 units more, so they may well become an alternative to real seafood. Of course, it’s worth noting that crab sticks are often more “contaminated” than the meat of these crustaceans. Pay close attention to the composition of the purchased product. It is important that starch and other harmful ingredients are not present in the sticks, which can complicate the process of losing weight and harm your health.
Surimi (minced meat made from hake and pollock fillets) should prevail in crab sticks. The good quality of the sticks is evidenced by the presence of at least 98% of this ingredient in their composition. Therefore, you should not use the cheapest sticks.
What to eat, crab sticks or meat, you decide. But the total weight of this product that you consume per day is no more than 200 grams. It is recommended to divide this amount into five parts, and use during the day after 2-2,5 hours. In addition, in this version of the crab diet, you can drink kefir (fat-free or 1%). The permissible volume of a fermented milk drink per day is one and a half liters. From hot liquids, it is allowed to pamper yourself with green tea, but without any additives (maximum, you can put a little lemon in it). It is important to observe the water regime. Drink about two liters of pure water every day, and if you are on a diet in the summer or are actively involved in sports, then you can do more. Drinking water is better in small portions, but more often. Thus, you will not stretch your stomach and you will be able to control your appetite. After all, as you know, we often confuse thirst with hunger. In addition, water will help the body naturally free itself from toxins and other components that it does not need at all.
It is recommended to adhere to such a diet for a maximum of 5 days. According to the reviews of people who have experienced it for themselves, weight loss is 5-6 kilograms. Do not forget to properly organize the exit from the diet. So, in the first post-dietary days, vegetables and fruits should be introduced into the diet, but this should be done gradually (1-2 gifts of nature per day). You can smoothly connect protein products – lean fish and meat. For as long as possible after the end of the diet, it is worth minimizing communication with too fatty foods, flour, fried, sweet foods. To maintain an attractive figure for a long time, try to eat correctly and in a balanced way, avoiding excesses.
If the rules of the pure crab diet seem difficult to you and you can’t imagine eating without meat, an alternative may be protein diet on crab sticks… This technique is especially good in that when you follow its rules, it is the fatty layer that is burned. If you decide to lose weight in this way, in addition to crab sticks or meat, you can add low-fat cottage cheese, low-fat milk and kefir, lean meat cooked without adding oil to the diet (ideally, chicken fillet). For those who find it very difficult to live without flour, it is allowed to add a little bread to the menu (but not more than a slice or two of bran or rye per day). You can also diversify the menu with salads from tomatoes, carrots, bell peppers, herbs, as well as juices from these vegetables. It is recommended to eat 5 times a day and, of course, not to overeat. To avoid health problems, it is undesirable to sit on this diet for more than two weeks.
There is also a so-called middle variant weight loss techniques on crab products. It lasts a week, and during this time it is possible to reduce weight by 3-4 kilograms. Here you need to eat three times a day, do not overeat, give up food 3-4 hours before lights out and, preferably, snacks. The diet should be based on crab sticks or meat, non-starchy vegetables, fruits and berries, low-fat milk. More details are indicated in the diet menu. You can change meals in places, slightly change the recipe of dishes, but you must follow the basic principles of the diet.
Example of a 5-day crab diet
8:00 – crab sticks (50 g), kefir (300 ml).
10:00 – crab sticks (30 g), kefir (200 ml).
13:00 – crab sticks (50 g), kefir (200 ml).
17:00 – crab sticks (30 g), kefir (200 ml).
19:00 – crab sticks (40 g), kefir (100 ml).
Sample diet of the protein crab diet for 14 days
Breakfast: crab roll with low-fat cottage cheese, garlic, herbs; a cup of green tea.
Snack: a glass of milk.
Lunch: boiled or baked chicken fillet; vegetable stew made from bell peppers, carrots, tomatoes; a glass of tomato juice and a slice of black bread.
Afternoon snack: 200 ml of milk or kefir.
Dinner: salad of crab meat or sticks, boiled beef fillet and herbs, seasoned with kefir; a slice of bran bread; green tea.
Example of a 7-day crab diet (medium option)
Breakfast: salad of 60 g of crab sticks and 20 g of canned corn; green tea, to which you can add a little honey.
Lunch: up to 70 g of crab meat or sticks; slice of bread; green apple and a glass of kefir.
Dinner: salad of 60 g of crab sticks and lettuce leaves; green tea.
Breakfast: boiled crab meat (60 g); 50 g low-fat curd; a cup of green tea with natural honey.
Lunch: 60-70 g of crab meat; orange; a glass of kefir and a slice of bread.
Dinner: salad of 60 g of crab sticks and 20 g of canned corn.
Breakfast: crab sticks (60 g); any berries in an amount of about 50 g; a cup of tea with lemon and honey.
Lunch: crab meat (60-70 g); grapefruit; a glass of kefir; a slice of bran bread.
Dinner: salad of 60 g crab sticks, a few radishes and lemon juice; 200-250 ml of kefir.
Breakfast: salad of 60 g of crab sticks or meat and 20 g of canned corn; green tea, to which you can add a little honey.
Lunch: up to 70 g of crab meat; banana; a slice of bran bread and a glass of kefir.
Dinner: salad of 60 g of crab sticks and the same amount of fresh tomatoes; a glass of kefir.
Breakfast: salad of boiled chicken egg protein and 60-70 g of crab sticks or meat; green tea with honey.
Lunch: 60 g of crab sticks sprinkled with a little lemon juice; 50 g of pomegranate; a glass of kefir and a slice of bran bread.
Dinner: salad of 60 g of crab meat and 50 g of fresh cucumbers; a glass of kefir.
Breakfast: oatmeal boiled in water (the weight of the finished dish should not exceed 100 g); crab sticks (60-70 g); a cup of tea with lemon and honey.
Lunch: 60 g of crab meat or sticks; half a glass of light mushroom broth; a slice of bran bread and a glass of kefir.
Dinner: salad, which includes 60 g of crab sticks and 50 g of lettuce (it is recommended to fill the dish with lemon juice); kefir (glass).
Breakfast: crab sticks (60 g); semolina porridge without additives (the weight of the finished dish is 150 g); a cup of green tea (you can add a little honey to it).
Lunch: half a glass of chicken broth; up to 70 g of crab meat; non-starchy fruit weighing about 100 g; a slice of bran bread and 200-250 ml of kefir.
Dinner: salad of 60 g of crab sticks or meat and 100 g of any non-starchy vegetables, seasoned with freshly squeezed lemon juice; a glass of kefir.
Contraindications to the crab diet
- A diet program based on the consumption of crab products is not indicated for pregnant and lactating women, children and the elderly.
- Sitting on such a diet is not worth it with kidney and liver diseases, with atypical dermatitis, and if you have previously had allergic reactions to any seafood or fish.
- In addition, obesity, the presence of serious digestive problems, vitamin deficiency and exacerbation of any diseases are contraindications for observing the crab diet.
Benefits of the crab diet
- On a crab diet, weight decreases quickly. If you seek help from short-term options for the technique, you can correct your figure in a fairly short time.
- Many are attracted by the fact that they do not need to spend a lot of time preparing food.
- To the advantages of this technique, it is necessary to attach the beneficial properties of high-quality crab meat – protein food with a minimum fat content. Crab protein contains a large amount of the amino acid taurine, which actively nourishes our blood vessels and helps to maintain muscle tone. Taurine also has a beneficial effect on the cornea, retina and eye muscles. Crab protein is digested quickly and easily, since the coarse connective tissues in crustacean meat are practically absent (which meat of animals and birds cannot boast of).
- The meat of these sea creatures contains unique polyunsaturated fatty acids Omega-6 and Omega-3, which reduce the level of bad cholesterol in our body. This minimizes the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Deficient iodine, which our body cannot produce on its own, we get when we eat crabs. So the fight against thyroid diseases is another useful property of the meat of these sea inhabitants. According to nutritionists, 20-50 grams of this product will deliver the daily intake of iodine to our body.
- The beneficial properties of crab meat are due to the considerable content of vitamins B and PP, copper, magnesium, phosphorus, selenium, zinc, which together perfectly fight viruses, help strengthen the immune system, and have a positive effect on the nervous and digestive systems of the body.
- Crab meat is also considered a powerful aphrodisiac.
Disadvantages of the crab diet
- It should be borne in mind that crabs are inhabitants of the seabed, so their meat may contain various bacteria and radioactive elements. But the crab sticks sold in stores have even greater disadvantages. They, alas, may be of poor quality. In this regard, the risk of harm to health is not excluded. By the way, a simple experiment will help to determine how high-quality this product is. If it was easy to bend the stick, it is better to refuse to purchase such products. It is not worth buying those sticks that crumble. This suggests that they contain a lot of starch and soy, and there is clearly not enough fish. Sticks in a pack should show off uniformity in shape and size. Pay close attention to the color of the sticks. They should be painted on only on one side and have a shade from light pink to pink-reddish. In no case should they be scarlet or any other color.
- Of course, on the XNUMX-day crab diet, you can feel hungry, since the food offered is still rather scarce. And eating crab meat or sticks alone, no matter how well you feel about this product, can be difficult. Therefore, it is worth turning to this method of losing weight, having a goal and iron willpower. It doesn’t hurt to have a fat wallet too if you choose to eat clean crab meat.
- Interestingly, not so long ago crab sticks “celebrated” their 40th anniversary. For the first time in 1973, a Japanese company launched a new product called Kanikama.
Re-doing the crab diet
It is not recommended to resort to repeated crab express diets for the next month after their end. If we are talking about a two-week protein crab diet, if you feel good and achieve a positive result, you can turn to it after a pause of 14 days too. Monitor your health and listen to your body.