Opinion N.I. Kozlova
- The more activities a child has, the better. Ideally, a child should always be busy, and the more promising classes, the more developing, the better. From this point of view, a child can be in circles from 7 am to 21.00 pm, and this is only good.
- Another thing is that the child should also be healthy, and cheerful, and rested. If these additional classes are associated with the fact that everyone in the circles is sneezing and the child is constantly getting sick, then well, such classes. If you need to go to the coolest teacher for an hour and a half in a flea market through the whole city, it turns out not joy, but garbage. As for fatigue, the child does not get tired from classes, but from wrong classes. Arrange a switch: in this circle you need to think (load on the head), in another one you can vigorously run (body), then draw (soul and emotions) — with such switches, the child is simultaneously engaged and resting. For some children, the alternation of «company» (such as football) — «one» (piano) is additionally important.
- And in fact, the key point is whether it will be possible to involve the child in all these developmental activities with interest, without protests? If the child himself is on fire with all these mugs, it’s one thing, but if you drag him with a scandal every time, it’s a completely different matter. Not that it was decisive: “wants — does not want”, but breaking a child all the time is stupid. There are usually compromises to be made here.
Be above standards
I think we can do better than the tired and unthinking majority of the population. I believe that we can be above the standards.
The standard is that children get sick. The standard is that children should naturally be dressed both at home and on the street, otherwise, of course, they will immediately catch a cold. The standard is that babies should not be lifted by one hand, otherwise there will be a dislocation of the shoulder.
Everything is correct. Only my children did not get sick. Yes, I am proud that as a teenager, Vanya became interested in how to use a thermometer: before that age, he had never used it. My children have been immersed in icy water since birth, slept under a light sheet (when I was freezing under a blanket), ran naked around the house during games (and it was cool at home), and easily ran out into the snow in frost in their swimming trunks (well, Here I ran after them). As for “lifting by one handle”, after daily baby yoga I easily twisted them over my head, at least by the arm, at least by the leg, while they had a thoughtful expression on their faces, because they had been used to this for a long time …
My children were above the standard, because I took care of them much more than the standard parents. Specifically, at the age of up to a year, every time before feeding the children, I gave them a mandatory massage, 15-minute physical education (a specially designed complex) and bathed. That is, at least four times a day, and so every day for a year, taking into account nightly lack of sleep.
If you do not plan to work with children in a very creative way, investing a lot of time, effort and imagination in it, you must comply with those standards. «These stunts were done by professionals, don’t try them.» But if you undertake to raise children like a professional, then you do not have to limit yourself to amateur standards.
Remember about safety (Sergey)
In fact, everything is right. However, I consider it necessary to mention safety precautions. Because worse than a stupid parent is an enterprising parent.
- Before loading a child in sections, make sure that he is ready for this load. Think about what skills and abilities a child might need? Being in a team, listening to an adult, working with your hands, doing without parents for a long time, etc. If there are no skills, you need help to develop them. Otherwise, at the very beginning, many difficulties will arise, and the chances of success of the entire event will be very low.
- To bend a child, to force him to do business is only an extreme way. More often than not, the more effective way is to get interested.
- All the same, you should not completely underestimate the importance of the child’s activities. If there is a choice: whether to walk the child in the yard with friends or go to the next circle, then sometimes it is worth giving preference to walking and playing with other children.
- Consider the child’s opinion. Give him a choice. Let him think for himself about what he would like to do.
- The beginning is a delicate time. It is important that everything is good in the beginning. Otherwise, instead of keeping the child busy with work, we will inspire dislike or disgust for this work.