Everyone knows how useful oranges or, for example, mangoes are, but zucchini in vegan cuisine is usually much less honored. But the fact is that zucchini is very healthy. They contain 95% water and very few calories, lots of vitamins C, A, magnesium, folate (vitamin B9), protein and fiber! If you look, then zucchini, for example, has more potassium than even bananas!
In general, in terms of the amount of nutrients, this underestimated vegetable is useful:
for the nervous system
for bone health
To maintain a healthy weight
and even prevents cancer!
Why do we still not like zucchini ?! Yes, we must agree – sometimes zucchini dishes really turn out to be extremely insipid, uninteresting, tasteless. Often this is because we just got a bad copy on the market. It is necessary to choose the strongest, heaviest and smallest zucchini from those offered by the seller. Young zucchini are very tasty, but with “age” they lose their taste, although they gain weight – this only plays into the hands of the seller, but not the buyer.
Surely you know how to cook potato pancakes. But we offer another (perhaps new to you) vegan recipe (the author is a specialist in healthy nutrition ).
- 2 medium-sized zucchini (or more – small ones);
- 1 can of cooked chickpeas (or cook in advance yourself) – rinse, fry for 5 minutes, then chop in a blender or potato masher;
- 2 tablespoons of chickpea flour;
- 2 tbsp. l. – or more if it turns out watery – rice flour (preferably from brown rice);
- 1 st. l. with a slide of nutritional yeast;
- Salt – to taste;
- Chili powder or paprika – to taste;
- 1 clove of garlic – chopped or crushed;
- A quarter of a red (sweet) onion – very finely chopped or chopped in a blender;
- Food Grade Coconut Oil – how much you need for frying.
- Add salt to chopped zucchini. Stir well. Let stand 10 minutes. Squeeze out and drain excess water.
- Add chopped chickpeas, chickpea flour, rice flour, yeast, paprika (or chili), garlic, onion and stir to combine.
- Blind pancakes and fry in a pan in coconut oil until cooked – it should turn out very tasty!