At a time when the majority of the world’s population is looking for effective ways to deal with excess weight, there are still people who dream of gaining it. And there may be several reasons for this. For example, excessive thinness of women, which prevents them from getting pregnant, or too little weight of men, which they want to increase in order to become more stately and beautiful. And sometimes banal diseases, which are frequent companions of a depleted and weakened organism.
Nutrition and low weight
Suffering from thinness, people often begin to zealously look for special diets, recipes and even medicines that would help them solve existing problems. And in this endless bustle, they forget about the most important thing – visiting a doctor. After all, weight loss can be a sign of a serious illness associated with metabolism, poor digestibility of certain foods, or high cholesterol levels, which can only be diagnosed by an experienced specialist.
Nevertheless, if there are no health problems, you can start drawing up your new diet. Whenever possible, it should include as much healthy, high-calorie food as possible and a minimum of convenience foods, chips and sweets, or anything else that leads to obesity, but has nothing to do with health. After all, for sure, your goal is to gain weight, and remain physically strong and active, thereby improving the quality of your life, and not hopelessly ruining it.
Jason Ferruggia, a strength training expert from the United States, argues that “in order to gain the pounds you need, you need to eat every 2-3 hours. Moreover, the portions should depend on the actual weight of the person – for every pound (0,45 kg) there should be 1 gram. protein per day. In addition, you need to take care of a sufficient amount of carbohydrates and fats. Moreover, for people with a fast metabolism, a third of the daily calorie intake is better to draw from avocados, nuts, cold-pressed oil, potatoes, rice and pasta. ” You also need to drink plenty of fluids to stay hydrated.
Perhaps, the basics of healthy eating have been known to all of us since school. The daily calorie intake for people aged 19 to 30 is 2400 kcal. If they go in for sports, it increases to 3000 kcal, depending on its type.
Men and women between the ages of 31 and 50 should consume 2200 kcal, respectively, increasing their amount to 3000 kcal in case they love sports. After 50 years, people need 2000 kcal per day in the absence of physical activity and up to 2800 kcal, if any. Moreover, if a person wants to increase weight, his rate must be increased by another 200-300 kcal.
In order to ensure their intake into the body, as well as to guarantee yourself excellent well-being throughout the day, it is very important to introduce three food groups into your diet, namely:
- Proteins. They will allow the body to gain muscle mass. An excellent source of protein is milk. Nutritionists advise adding it to sauces, making milk soups from it, or simply drinking it to quench your thirst. In addition, protein is found in fish (salmon, tuna), lean meats, eggs, nuts and seeds.
- Carbohydrates. Not only is it a staple for weight gain, it is also a great source of energy for a fulfilling, active life. You can find them in vegetables and fruits – broccoli, spinach, carrots, tomatoes, apples, avocados, mangoes, oranges or pineapples. In addition, carbohydrates are found in brown rice, grains and pasta, dried fruits and raisins.
- Fats. In order to saturate the body with fats without increasing blood cholesterol levels, you need to eat fatty fish. Nuts (almonds, cashews, hazelnuts, walnuts), seeds, cold-pressed butter or vegetable oil are also suitable. The latter is best added to vegetable salads, thus improving the digestibility of products.
Top 13 foods to help you gain weight
Avocado. This is an ideal high-calorie fatty product, the use of which does not harm the cardiovascular system in the least. For a set of 2.7 kg per week, it is enough to eat only 1 fruit per day.
Potatoes. An excellent source of carbohydrates. It can be baked or grilled, and can be added to sandwiches and eaten as a snack.
All kinds of pasta. These are the same carbohydrates. It is better to cook them with vegetables in order to saturate your body not only with high-calorie food, but also with vitamins.
Dried fruits and nuts. Nutritionists advise using them in between main meals. They are high in calories and also contain fiber and a complex of minerals that help regulate your weight.
Lean meat. You can use beef or white poultry. It is a source of protein, iron and zinc, which not only provides the body with energy, but also helps to build muscle mass.
Smoothie. High-calorie, healthy drink. It is better to drink those of them, which contain bananas, mangoes, honey and berries.
Grapes. It helps cleanse the blood, thereby improving the absorption of nutrients.
Peanut butter. In addition to proteins and fats, it contains magnesium, folic acid, as well as vitamins E and B3, which improve the condition of the skin and nervous system.
Whole milk. It is an excellent source of fat, calcium and vitamins A and D.
Durum wheat bread and brown rice. They contain not only carbohydrates and B vitamins, as well as magnesium, iron, calcium, phosphorus and zinc, but also fiber, which saturates the body well.
Hard cheese. It is a storehouse of protein, fat and calcium.
Vegetable oil. A source of fats and minerals.
Salmon. To gain weight, it is enough to eat 2 small pieces a day. This will ensure that the right amount of fat and protein is supplied to the body.
How else can you increase your weight
- 1 devote time to physical activity and sports. No matter how contradictory it may sound, but such loads are suitable only for the benefit of a thin person. And the point is not even that there is a healthy mind in a healthy body. Just 20 minutes spent walking stimulates appetite and triggers the release of endorphins, thus improving mood. A good mood is not only a guarantee of a happy life, but also an excellent tool for inspiring a person to take care of himself and his health.
- 2 avoid stress. It reduces appetite and provokes the development of various diseases. In addition, when stressed, the body uses protein to produce stress hormones, which in turn lead to weight loss. That is why during periods of exams and sessions, as well as the delivery of important projects, people are advised to increase their daily protein intake by 20%.
- 3 eat vegetable soups. They increase appetite.
- 4 Eliminate alcohol and caffeinated beverages by simply replacing them with juices, milkshakes, or smoothies.
- 5 do not abuse sweets (sweets and cakes), as excessive sugar content impairs the absorption of nutrients.
- 6 add a little red to the interior of your kitchen. This will improve your appetite and will certainly help you eat a little more than usual, allowing you to come closer to your dreams.
We have collected the most important points about weight gain products and we would be grateful if you share a picture on a social network or blog, with a link to this page: