During pregnancy, sometimes wakes up huge hunger, when you want to eat often and in large quantities. Most importantly, not to fall for ” bad ” foods like chips. A much greater benefit of the body to bring the fruit, berries, and nuts.
Moreover, the benefits from the use of the latter extended even to the unborn child. To such a conclusion came Spanish scientists from the Barcelona Institute for global health. They proved that eating nuts during pregnancy is beneficial to the cognitive development of children.
So, they studied more than 2,200 women whose stories proved that children of mothers included in their diet with walnuts, almonds, or pine nuts during pregnancy had a higher level of intelligence, memory, and attention. In particular, we are talking about the use of 90 g of nuts per week (three portions of 30 g each) during the first trimester of pregnancy.
According to experts, this effect is due to nuts, many folic acids, and essential fatty acids – omega-3 and omega-6 – accumulate in the tissues of the brain’s areas responsible for memory attention. Thus, nuts during pregnancy are important for developing the child’s nervous system in the long term and summarizes the researchers.
What nuts are best to eat during pregnancy
- Walnuts, pine, peanuts, hazelnuts, almonds, pistachios – these nuts have in their composition of plant proteins, carbohydrates, dietary fiber, fatty acids, vitamins, and rich composition micro and macro elements.
- Walnuts are valued for iron content, fatty acids, and protein.
- In the nuclei of cedar concentrated all the nutrients that are so essential to the fetus.
- Cashews are the most low-calorie and help stabilize blood pressure.
- Hazelnut is famous for its unusual combination of protein and vitamin E, which promotes the growth and development of the baby’s muscle tissue.
- Almond is famous for its phosphorus and zinc.
The optimal norm of nuts is 30 grams per day. Buying foods in the store or market, it is better to give preference to the untreated nuts.