The heart is the main organ of the circulatory system, which, being a kind of natural pump, pumps blood through the vessels. The heart of an adult beats an average of 55 to 70 times per minute, while distilling up to five liters of blood! The heart, despite its vital function, is a small organ. Its weight in an adult ranges from 240 to 330 grams.
Useful foods for the heart and blood vessels
- Avocado. Contains copper, iron, vitamins B6, B12, E, C, enzymes. Lowers cholesterol levels, improves memory.
- Grapefruit. Contains glycosides that give the pulp a bitter taste. In addition, it improves the activity of the heart, preventing the development of atherosclerosis and myocardial infarction. Normalizes digestion.
- Apples. They contain potassium, malic acid, pectins (vegetable fiber capable of binding toxic substances). Reduces the risk of neoplasms. Reduces swelling. They normalize blood pressure.
- Garnet. Contains antioxidants. Normalizes blood circulation. Prevents the development of atherosclerosis.
- Linseed oil. Contains a large amount of Omega-3. Prevents blood clots.
- Herring, cod – contain Omega-3. Reduces the likelihood of myocardial infarction.
- Chocolate. Only chocolate is healthy for the heart, the cocoa content of which is at least 70%. It lowers blood pressure.
- Nuts (walnuts, almonds, pistachios). Contains substances that have a beneficial effect on the heart.
To ensure the full functioning of the heart, doctors are advised to adhere to the “Mediterranean diet”, which has a pronounced anti-sclerotic effect. The diet is rich in vegetables and fruits, nuts, herbs, fish and seafood. Bread and cereals, olive oil and dairy foods are also part of this diet.
Regular and nutritious nutrition plays an important role in the prevention of heart disease. For healthy people, three or four meals a day are suitable. If there are some abnormalities in the work of the heart, doctors recommend eating fractionally five times a day.
Folk remedies for normalizing the work and cleaning the blood vessels of the heart
Beet juice is good for blood, and carrot juice removes toxins from the circulatory system.
- 1 Carrot and beet juice
Mix ten parts of carrot juice with three parts of beetroot juice. Drink at least one glass a day.
- 2 Carrot salad with beets
For the prevention of heart disease, it is advisable to prepare a drink containing elecampane root, honey and oats. This will require 70 grams of elecampane roots, 30 grams of honey, 50 grams of oats and 0,5 liters of water.
Sort oats, rinse, add water. Boil. Insist for 3-4 hours. Pour the chopped roots of elecampane with the resulting broth. Then, bring to a boil. Insist for two hours. Strain, add honey. Drink half a glass two to three times daily before meals.
The table lists the most useful and harmful foods for the heart in certain disorders of its work.
|Disease||Healthy foods||Foods to Avoid|
Foods that are bad for the heart
The main cause of heart disease is the poor condition of blood vessels, which are not sufficiently passable for blood flow. As a result, blood clots appear, and then close to a heart attack.
Foods that increase the risk of heart attack:
- Pork and beef increase cholesterol levels.
- Margarine, as it is made with trans fats.
- Products for the preparation of which such culinary technologies as frying, smoking, deep-frying were used.
- Popcorn and fast food are made with solid fats.
- Salt. It causes fluid retention in the body, which causes edema and high blood pressure, which often leads to thinning of the walls of blood vessels and ruptures.
- Marinades, spices, vinegar. Overexcitation of the cardiac nerve occurs, overflowing of the arteries, which increases the risk of rupture of the aorta.
The information presented above is intended for people with healthy hearts. If the disease has already appeared, the diet should be more gentle, with limited fats, coarse fiber, salt and liquid.
So, we have collected the most important points about proper nutrition for the heart in this illustration and we would be grateful if you share the picture on a social network or blog, with a link to this page: