Nails are a mirror of human health. Their beauty and grooming today are one of the important indicators of a person’s social status. Manicure and careful nail care are great, but without a balanced diet, their beauty can only be dreamed of.
From a biological point of view, nails are horny derivatives of human skin, the main purpose of which is to protect the fingertips from injury. In addition, nails expand the range of operations performed. In some cases, they are used for self-defense purposes.
This is interesting:
The longest nails recorded by the Guinness Book of Records belong to a resident of Las Vegas, Christine Walton. The total length of her nails reaches 6,2 meters!
Healthy foods for nails
- Carrots with oil. When using such salads, the body is literally saturated with vitamin A, which gives shine to the nails, preventing them from brittleness and stratification.
- Nuts, sesame seeds and avocados. They contain a large amount of vitamin E, which is essential for the growth and beauty of nails. Vitamin E is even called the vitamin of youth.
- Milk and dairy foods. A natural dairy product contains a lot of calcium, which is necessary for the normal structure of the nail plate. It should be remembered that calcium is well absorbed only with vitamin D, which the body produces in the sun on its own in summer, but in winter, autumn and early spring, it needs fish oil.
- Fatty fish. Fish oil is the main supplier of vitamin D, which is essential for the absorption of calcium.
- Cucumbers, zucchini, fresh cabbage. They contain trace elements useful for nails such as sulfur, silicon.
- Dark bread, crispbread, cereals. They contain vitamins of group B, which are necessary for the rapid growth of nails, their beauty and shine.
- Seafood, oatmeal, buckwheat, seeds. The zinc in these foods gives the nails strength.
- Persimmon, seaweed. They contain iodine, which is essential for healthy nails and improving their appearance.
- Pumpkin seeds. Selenium, which is found in seeds, protects nails from harmful environmental influences.
The health of your nails is a measure of the health of your entire body. On the basis of nails, doctors sometimes manage to determine diseases of individual organs.
In order for the nails to be healthy, the following recommendations must be followed:
It is advisable to balance your diet in such a way that the diet includes as many fresh and healthy foods as possible. At the same time, it is necessary to reduce the use of conservation, which contains few substances necessary for the body.
The use of vegetable juices will help to quickly restore the strength and shine of nails, and accelerate their growth. Especially useful is carrot-cucumber juice, which contains carotene, silicon and sulfur, which is simply necessary for the beauty and health of nails!
You can get rid of the habit of biting your nails if you use celery and parsnip juices squeezed from root vegetables. Due to the fact that they contain magnesium, which is responsible for the health of the nervous system, this habit may soon disappear.
Traditional methods of improving nails
- Rubbing your nails with a slice of lemon will help them look healthier and shine. In this case, nutrition and strengthening of the nail plate occurs. In addition, lemon juice softens the cuticles, which can be easily pushed back, giving the nails a more well-groomed look.
- Brewer’s yeast with selenium. Strengthens the nail plates, improves their blood supply.
Harmful nail foods
- Unpeeled roasted seeds. When cleaning a large number of seeds with your hands, mechanical damage to the nail plate occurs.
- Salt. In large quantities, it prevents the full assimilation of vitamins.