Human life, without the presence of lymphatic vessels in it, would be in constant danger in front of many pathogenic microorganisms. It is the lymphatic system that plays the role of a biological filter that protects the body from viruses, bacteria, cancer cells and other negative factors of modern ecology.
The lymphatic system consists of nodes connected by vessels. A colorless liquid that does not contain erythrocytes, but is rich in lymphocytes, lymph circulates through them around the clock. As a result of circulation, lymph from the distant parts of the body flows to the central ones, passing near the large veins, on which the lymph nodes are located. In the lymph nodes, the lymph is cleared of impurities and, enriched with antibodies, flows further.
This is interesting:
- Lymph owes its origin to blood, from the plasma of which it is formed.
- The human body contains from one to two liters of lymph.
- Lymph, translated from Latin, means “pure water”.
Healthy foods for lymph
- Carrot. Due to the content of beta-carotene, carrots are able to significantly slow down the aging process. In addition, it prevents the destruction of lymphocytes and helps in the production of antibodies.
- Walnuts. Due to the high content of vitamins and minerals in them, nuts are an important product for the entire lymphatic system. They participate not only in the nutrition of the lymph nodes and blood vessels, but also increase the protective properties of the lymph, thanks to the phytoncide contained in them – juglone.
- Chicken eggs. Thanks to lutein, it has a stimulating effect on the regenerative capacity of the lymph.
- Chicken meat. It is a source of easily digestible protein, which, as a building material, is involved in the creation of new blood vessels.
- Seaweed. It is famous for its large amount of iodine. Thanks to this, it is able to increase the immune properties of the lymph.
- Fatty fish. The polyunsaturated acids contained in it help to maintain the electrolytic balance of the lymph, and also ensure the health of the vessels themselves.
- Dark chocolate. Eating chocolate stimulates the release of serotonin, which in turn activates the lymphatic vessels. As a result, the lymph makes its circulation faster, and all organs and systems receive the antibodies they need in a timely manner to fight the pathology.
- Spinach. A good source of antioxidants. Protects lymphoid tissue from degeneration. Participates in maintaining the water-salt balance of the lymph.
For the normal functioning of the body, it is necessary that all its organs and systems be protected from the negative effects of the environment. It is this role that the lymphatic vessels play. But they also require attention. In order for the entire lymphatic system to be in working order, the following recommendations must be followed:
- Avoid hypothermia. Lymph nodes are very sensitive to colds.
- Do sport. This will maintain the tone of the lymphatic vessels.
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol. Due to this, the lymphatic vessels will maintain an efficient state for many years, and the lymph will freely reach the most distant part of the body.
- Be in the fresh air more often. Walking will strengthen the defenses of the entire lymphatic system.
Folk remedies for cleansing and healing lymph
In order to provide the body with healthy lymph, it must first be cleansed. For this, the following technique is used:
Daily, for two weeks, take 4 tablets of activated charcoal, 2 in the morning, and 2 in the evening. In a break between coal intake, take a composition consisting of crushed irgi berries and black currants, dried apricots, dates, figs and prunes. Take everything in equal amounts. Add 1 tablespoons of honey to 3 kg of the mixture, preferably buckwheat. Stir, take a dessert spoon 3 times a day. Wash down with a decoction of chaga or Ivan-tea.
Read also how to cleanse lymph nodes and ducts with citrus juice.
Harmful foods for lymph
- Alcoholic drinks… They cause vasospasm and disrupt lymph circulation.
- Salt… Excessive salt intake increases the pressure inside the vessels, as a result of which the vessels “risk” rupture.
- Sausages, canned food and “crackers”… They contain substances that are harmful to the lymph, which disrupt the filtering mechanism of the lymph nodes.