How long tripe soup to cook?
It will take 5-6 hours to make scar soup, of which 1 hour should be spent in the kitchen.
How to cook flaks (scar soup)
Unpeeled beef tripe – 400-500 grams
Beef bones – 300 grams
Cheese – 100 grams
Carrots – 2 medium pieces
Celery – 200 grams of stems
Onions – 2 medium heads
Dried ground ginger – a pinch
Dried marjoram – pinch
Nutmeg – pinch
Butter – 20 grams
Flour – 30 grams
Salt – half a teaspoon
Pepper to taste
How to cook flakes
1. Wash the beef bones.
2. Put the bones in a saucepan, pour over a lot of water – about 4 liters.
3. Place a saucepan with seeds over medium heat, let it boil, cook for 30 minutes.
4. Wash the beef tripe.
5. Use a sharp knife to cut the fleecy part of the beef scar, separate the fleecy part from the muscle with your hands.
6. Re-wash the muscular part of the scar.
7. Pour 1-1,5 liters of water into a separate saucepan, let it boil over medium heat.
8. Put the tripe in boiling water, cook for 5 minutes, remove from the water.
9. Remove the beef bones from the broth with a slotted spoon.
10. From the saucepan with the broth, where the beef bones were cooked, pour half of the broth into a bowl.
11. Put tripe in a saucepan with the remaining broth, reduce heat to low, cook for 3,5 hours under a lid.
12. Onions, celery, carrots, wash, peel, divide into two parts.
13. Leave one part of the vegetables intact, cut the second: cut the onion into small cubes, the celery into half rings 0,5 centimeters thick, the carrots in strips 3 centimeters long and 0,5 centimeters wide.
14. Put whole vegetables in broth with tripe, cook for 30 minutes.
15. Put half of the prepared butter in a frying pan, melt over medium heat.
16. Fry chopped onions, celery, carrots in butter.
17. Remove the beef tripe from the broth, let it cool slightly.
18. Cut the cooled scar into strips of arbitrary length and width, so that it is convenient to eat.
19. Put the remaining butter in a separate saucepan and heat over medium heat.
20. Fry the flour in butter for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
21. Pour the previously cast beef broth into a saucepan with flour.
22. Put the fried vegetables, chopped tripe, salt, nutmeg, pepper in the broth, stir, let it boil, cook for 3 minutes.
23. Finely grate the cheese.
24. Pour into bowls, sprinkle with ground ginger, marjoram, grated cheese on top.
– Tripe soup is a very popular dish as stomachs tend to be quite inexpensive.
– Scar soup is complimentary described in Bulgakov’s novel “The Master and Margarita” as a soup, the order of which is almost impossible to refuse.
– In scar soup, it is important that the finished dish does not give off a specific smell. To get rid of it, it is recommended to soak the scars in cold water for 12-20 hours and then rinse. If this does not help, it is recommended to boil the water with the stomachs and then change the water, or soak the stomachs n.
– It is almost impossible to find beef stomachs in Moscow and large cities of Russia. In order to make soup, you will need to search for special shops on the Internet or in meat markets.