How long to cook oyster mushrooms?
Clean fresh oyster mushrooms from dirt, rinse, cook for 15-20 minutes in salted water.
If you want to fry or stew oyster mushrooms, you can not boil the oyster mushrooms before that.
How to cook oyster mushrooms
1. Before cooking oyster mushrooms, rinse thoroughly under running water to get rid of soil and debris.
2. Trim the bottom of the leg as it is difficult to heat and remains stiff.
3. Oyster mushrooms are rather large mushrooms, so for convenience, it is better to cut them into pieces before cooking.
4. Place mushrooms in a saucepan with cold water, add salt to taste, then put on the stove (it should be borne in mind that oyster mushrooms produce a lot of juice when cooking, so little water is required just to cover the mushrooms). You can add a pinch of pepper and a clove of garlic to add a spicy flavor to the mushrooms.
5. After boiling water, cook oyster mushrooms for 15-20 minutes over moderate heat. The cooking time can be up to 25 minutes if the mushrooms are very large.
6. After the oyster mushrooms are cooked, put them in a colander and place it over the sink, shake to drain the excess liquid. Your oyster mushrooms are cooked!
Oyster mushroom cream soup recipe
Oyster mushrooms – 300 grams
Potatoes – 3-4 pieces
Onions – 1 head
Cream 10-20% – 250 milliliters
Sunflower oil – 1 tablespoon
Oyster mushroom soup
Wash the potatoes, peel, cut into 1 cm cubes and cook in a three-liter saucepan with 1 liter of water, then remove the potatoes, grind in a blender, add 300 ml of potato broth and cream to the mashed potatoes.
Wash the oyster mushrooms, chop finely, peel the onion from the top leaves and chop finely. Fry oyster mushrooms and onions in oil for 5-10 minutes over low heat, then add to the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper, mix well, leave for a couple of minutes and sprinkle with herbs.
How to pickle oyster mushrooms at home
Oyster mushrooms – 2 kilograms
Water – 1,2 liters
Vinegar – 6 tablespoons
Bay leaf – 4 pieces
Dried dill to taste
Garlic – 4 cloves
Carnation inflorescences – 10 pieces
Pepper – 10 peas
Sugar – 2 tablespoons
Salt – 4 tablespoons
How to pickle oyster mushrooms for the winter
1. Rinse fresh oyster mushrooms in cold water and separate the legs from the caps (only caps are pickled), carefully cut the large mushrooms into slices, leave the small mushrooms as they are.
2. Put the oyster mushrooms in a saucepan and pour prepared water, add all the spices (except vinegar) and put on the stove over moderate heat.
3. After boiling water, add 6 tablespoons of vinegar and cook for 30 minutes.
4. Place hot mushrooms in sterilized jars (add a tablespoon of vegetable oil if desired) and roll up.
– By appearance oyster mushrooms are mushrooms on a thin curved stem with a round or horn-shaped cap, up to 30 centimeters in diameter. The upper surface of the oyster mushroom cap is glossy, the cap itself is large and fleshy. By the appearance of the mushroom, you can determine its age. So in old oyster mushrooms the color of the cap is white-yellow, in a mature mushroom it is ash-purple, and in a young one it is dark gray.
– Oyster mushrooms subdivided on ordinary and horn-shaped. The main difference is that the horn-shaped oyster mushroom has a lighter, more yellowish color of the cap, and the plates of such mushrooms have a mesh connection.
– The most favorable season for the growth and collection of oyster mushrooms is autumn and the beginning of winter (from September to December), since these mushrooms tolerate subzero temperatures well. It happens that oyster mushrooms are found in May and even June, subject to cold weather.
– Are growing oyster mushrooms are not on the ground, but high on the trunks of trees, mainly on deciduous ones, as these mushrooms are found on stumps or dead wood. Most often, oyster mushrooms grow in groups of several dozen pieces, intertwining with their legs.
– Average cost fresh oyster mushrooms in Moscow – 300 rubles / 1 kilogram (as of June 2017).
– Oyster mushrooms available year-round, as they grow not only in their natural environment, but are also cultivated artificially and do not require special conditions for growth.
– Ready oyster mushrooms can be use in the preparation of first and second courses, these mushrooms are often added to various salads.
– Calorie value store oyster mushrooms – 35-40 kcal / 100 grams.
– Fresh mushrooms are stored in the refrigerator at a temperature from 0 to +2 no more than 15 days.
– Mushrooms cooled down after cooking can be stored in the freezerpacking them in a plastic bag before storing.
– Benefit oyster mushroom is due to the content of vitamin B (cell respiration, energy and emotional health of a person), as well as C (immune support), E (healthy cells) and D (growth and health of bones and hair).
How to salt oyster mushrooms – a hot way
Oyster mushrooms – 3 kilograms
Coarse salt – 200 grams
Garlic – 5 cloves
Peppercorns, seasonings – to taste
Vinegar 6% – 3 tablespoons, or vinegar 9% vinegar – 2 tablespoons.
How to clean oyster mushrooms
Soak oyster mushrooms in cold water for 1 hour, then remove forest debris, cut off dark places from oyster mushroom legs and hats. Cut each oyster mushroom into several parts and cut off dark places, if any. Peeled oyster mushrooms are ready to cook.
How to salt oyster mushrooms
Cook oyster mushroom hats for 10 minutes, transfer to jars. Prepare brine – mix vinegar, salt, pepper and spices, add 2 cups of water. Boil the brine, add to the oyster mushrooms. Place the garlic in jars. Roll up jars of salted oyster mushrooms, store in the refrigerator for 7 days. After 7 days, salted oyster mushrooms are ready!