How long to cook porcini mushrooms?
Porcini mushrooms are boiled for 35-40 minutes, if you plan to fry later, then 20 minutes is enough. Before placing porcini mushrooms in a saucepan, peel and rinse thoroughly. When cooking, it is necessary to regularly remove the foam.
Soak dried porcini mushrooms for 2-3 hours, then cook for 20 minutes. Cook frozen porcini mushrooms without defrosting for 20 minutes after boiling.
Cook fresh porcini mushrooms in a slow cooker for 40 minutes on the “Baking” mode.
Cook porcini mushrooms in a double boiler for 40 minutes.
How to cook porcini mushrooms
You will need – porcini mushrooms, cooking water, salt
1. Clean the porcini mushrooms from dirt and forest debris, cut off the base of the leg a little so that the remnants of the roots do not get into the dish.
2. Cut the porcini mushrooms by removing the wormy mushrooms and cutting out the wormy parts of the mushrooms.
2. Put the peeled mushrooms in a saucepan.
3. Pour cold water over the mushrooms so that it completely covers the mushrooms: if porcini mushrooms are boiled for soup, then the amount of water must be selected according to the volume of broth, and if the boiled porcini mushrooms are then used for frying, then very little water is needed.
4. Add salt.
5. Wait for the water to boil, remove the foam.
6. Cook porcini mushrooms over medium heat for 35-40 minutes, be sure to remove the foam.
Your porcini mushrooms are cooked!
How to cook porcini mushrooms in a slow cooker 1. Put the peeled and washed fresh mushrooms into a slow cooker and pour cold water there so that the mushrooms are completely covered with water.
2. If the mushrooms are more than half a bowl, divide them into several boiling runs.
3. Put the “Baking” mode on a slow cooker and cook porcini mushrooms for 40 minutes.
Creamy porcini mushroom soup
Porcini mushrooms – half a kilo
Onions – 2 heads
Potato – 2 large potatoes
Cream 20% – 1 glass
Dill – small bunch
Vegetable oil – 2 tablespoons
Italian spices, salt and pepper to taste.
Creamy porcini mushroom soup recipe in a saucepan
Fry finely chopped onions in vegetable oil, add mushrooms to the onions in a pan, fry over low heat for 5-7 minutes, then pour cream there (carefully, in a thin stream), add peeled and diced potatoes, and cook for 20 minutes over low heat … Pour the result into a saucepan, bring to a homogeneous mass in a blender or mixer, season with spices, and decorate with dill. Serve with pleasure !.
Recipe for cream-soup from porcini mushrooms in a slow cooker
Set the multicooker to the “Baking” mode. Put chopped onion in a multicooker container, fry it in a multicooker for 10 minutes, add chopped potatoes, mushrooms, close the multicooker lid and cook for 40 minutes. Then add cream, salt and spices, and continue to cook for 10 minutes on the same mode. Then grind the soup in mashed potatoes and cook for 5 minutes on the “Steam cooking” mode. Serve porcini mushroom soup, garnish with herbs.
How to clean porcini mushrooms?
Porcini mushrooms should be put in cold water and kept there for about an hour. During this time, some of the garbage will go away on its own. Then catch each porcini mushroom one by one from the water, cut off the dark places and peel off leaves and earth. Remove the skin completely from the legs of old mushrooms, whitened, from young ones – only dark and damaged places. Cut each porcini mushroom in half (large porcini mushrooms – into more pieces) to make sure the internal purity of the mushrooms. Cut off and remove dark places. Put the peeled mushrooms in a bowl or, if you plan to dry the mushrooms, in a colander. Porcini mushrooms are ready for cooking.
– Collect porcini mushrooms from early June to late autumn in coniferous, mixed or deciduous forests. They appear in warm and humid weather. They like to grow these mushrooms near pine, spruce, birch, beech, oak or even in a juniper. Most often it hides in the grass and under fallen leaves. It prefers to grow up in families, although you can also find a single mushroom. A red fly agaric or an anthill is often used as neighbors. They can also grow at the edge of a forest in a sparse forest.
– Porcini mushrooms differ slightly in appearance, depending on where they grow. The cap of this mushroom has a pleasant smell, velvety to the touch and can be from brown-white to dark brown in color. Sometimes you can also find a red-brown or almost yellow hat. The diameter of the cap can reach 40 centimeters in diameter. The leg has a subtle brown tint with a white mesh. It can be either flat or expanding to the bottom with a diameter of up to 25 centimeters.
– A mature mushroom has yellow or slightly greenish under the cap pores… In a young mushroom, they are white. In rainy weather, the hat becomes slippery.
– Cost dried porcini mushrooms – from 250 rubles / 50 grams (data for Moscow as of June 2017) From 50 grams of dried porcini mushrooms, about 300 grams of soaked are obtained.
– Porcini does not get dark when cut and retains its color in any processing. The white flesh of this mushroom remains white even after drying. That is why it is called that.
How long to cook dried porcini mushrooms?
Soak dried mushrooms in cold salted water (in this ratio – 1 glass of water for a handful of mushrooms) for 2-3 hours. Then, without changing the water, put on fire and cook chopped mushrooms – 30 minutes, whole mushrooms – 40 minutes.
How long do you need to cook porcini mushrooms before frying?
Porcini mushrooms, due to frequent cases of poisoning, should be boiled in salted water for 20 minutes after boiling. Then you can fry the porcini mushrooms.
How long to fry porcini mushrooms after boiling?
After cooking, put the porcini mushrooms in a colander, heat the pan, put the porcini mushrooms and fry for 15 minutes How to dry porcini mushrooms
In the microwave: Put the porcini mushrooms on a dish, set to a power of 100-180 W and set for 20 minutes. Then ventilate the microwave for 5 minutes and repeat the same procedure 2-3 times.
In the oven (including electric oven): put the porcini mushrooms on baking paper, dry at 50 degrees, the oven door should be ajar. The drying time of porcini mushrooms in the oven is about 6-7 hours.
The benefits of porcini mushrooms
The benefits of porcini mushrooms are due to the content of vitamins E (healthy cells), ascorbic acid (immunity), nicotinic acid (redox processes), folic acid (circulatory system health), thiamine (nerve cell health) and riboflavin (vision, energy).
Calorie content of porcini mushrooms 30 kcal / 100 grams.
How to pickle porcini mushrooms
Fresh porcini mushrooms – 2 kilograms,
0,5 liters of water
vinegar 6% – 120 ml,
lavrushka – 10 sheets,
onion – 1 head,
black peppercorns – half a teaspoon,
pepper, cloves, 4 tablespoons of salt, 2 tablespoons of sugar.
How to pickle porcini mushrooms for the winter
Peel and wash the mushrooms, cut the large mushrooms into pieces. Cook with bay leaves for 30 minutes over low heat.
Strain the broth, put the boiled porcini mushrooms in a colander. Add salt and spices to the broth. Add spices and salt to the broth, bring it to a boil, add vinegar, return the mushrooms, cook the mushrooms for another 10 minutes, regularly removing the foam.
Prepare jars – scald them with boiling water, put chopped onion rings on the bottom, put mushrooms, pour marinade, close the lid. Store porcini mushrooms in the refrigerator.