Probably all men know that the quality of their life directly depends on the quality of food. However, for various reasons, they do not pay attention to the advice of nutritionists. But the latter insist that the physiological characteristics of organisms of both sexes are significantly different. This means that both men and women require an individual approach to the selection of a diet.
The effect of age on the male diet
It should be noted that scientists have conducted more than a dozen studies in the field of male nutrition. As a result, they were able to establish that a competent approach to the choice of products allows men after 30 years to maintain good health, good spirits and strength. And also to protect themselves from some of the diseases to which they are most often exposed. Among them: prostate cancer, hypertension, heart attacks and diseases of the cardiovascular system.
Recently, many representatives of the strong state have opted for a vegetarian diet that excludes animal products. It certainly has its advantages. However, in this case, nutritionists strongly recommend that they carefully think over their diet and be sure to provide the body with all the necessary nutrients that are needed for its normal functioning. In this case, special attention should be paid to:
- Protein, which they deny themselves, excluding meat. You can fill its deficiency by eating cereals, eggs, nuts, dairy products, cereals.
- Calcium, on which bone health depends. It is found in dark green vegetables such as spinach and broccoli, and in dairy products.
- Iron, the level of which affects hemoglobin, and hence the body’s resistance to viruses and bacteria. You can compensate for its deficiency by eating green vegetables.
- Vitamin B12, which is responsible for wellness and health. It is found in eggs, hard cheese, and cereals.
- Fiber needed for normal digestion. It is found in vegetables and fruits.
Top 19 products for men
Meanwhile, despite the culinary preferences of men, according to nutritionists, the following foods must be included in their diet:
Tomatoes… They contain lycopene, a powerful antioxidant. Research results have shown a direct relationship between the level of lycopene in the blood of a middle-aged man and the risk of developing a heart attack. Also, the consumption of such foods can reduce the risk of developing prostate cancer. For better digestibility, tomatoes are advised not to be processed and sprinkled with olive oil.
Flax seed… It will naturally lower blood cholesterol levels. Suzanne Hendrick, professor of food science and nutrition at the University of Iowa, claims that “flaxseed is a great alternative to drugs.” (1) In addition, in 2008 at the University of Texas, studies were conducted that showed that 30 gr. of these seeds a day (about 3 teaspoons) will help prevent the development of prostate cancer.
Cereals… Eating cereals daily will reduce the risk of developing cardiovascular disease, diabetes, obesity and depression, as well as normalize blood pressure.
Bananas and citrus fruits… By including them in your diet, you provide your body with potassium, and, therefore, prevent the risk of developing hypertension. In particular, this applies to those who like excessively salty food.
Chocolate… Regular, moderate consumption of chocolate can reduce the risk of heart attacks, according to research published by scientists from Sweden in the journal Neurology. In addition, in 2012, a publication by Italian scientists appeared in the journal Hypertension, testifying to the positive effect of cocoa in chocolate on the cognitive functions of the male brain, that is, on memory, attention, speech, thinking, etc. In addition to chocolate, red wine, tea, grapes and apples have these properties.
Red meat – an excellent source of protein, as well as vitamin E and carotenoids.
Green tea… It saturates the body with antioxidants to effectively fight stress.
oysters… Enriching the body with zinc, they maintain an optimal level of testosterone in the blood, thereby, positively affecting the reproductive function of men.
Salmon… In addition to protein, it contains omega-3 fatty acids, which can lower blood cholesterol levels, prevent the risk of depression, prostate cancer and cardiovascular diseases. Other types of fish are also suitable.
Natural juices, especially pomegranate. This is a great opportunity to enrich your body with vitamins while preventing the development of prostate cancer.
Garlic… It helps maintain heart health and lower blood cholesterol levels.
Blueberries… Due to the high content of proanthocyanidins, it minimizes the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases, prostate cancer and diabetes, as well as improves memory.
Eggs… They not only enrich the body with protein and iron, but also effectively fight hair loss problems.
All kinds of cabbage… They contain sulforaphane, which prevents the development of cancer.
Red pepper… It contains more vitamin C than orange juice.
Dairy produce… It is a source of proteins, fats, calcium, vitamins A and D.
Avocado… Its consumption helps to maintain the health of the cardiovascular system.
Cinnamon… It has excellent antibacterial effects, reduces the risk of developing diabetes and enriches the body with antioxidants.
Almonds… It contains healthy fatty acids, as well as vitamins E, B and potassium, which can lower blood cholesterol levels, as well as normalize the functioning of the heart and liver.
How else can you preserve your health?
- Exercise regularly… The general well-being of the body, as well as the health of the heart, directly depends on the lifestyle of a man.
- Quit smoking… It causes diseases of the respiratory and cardiovascular systems.
- Fight obesity in every possible way – do not overeat, lead an active lifestyle. This will reduce the risk of developing diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
- Sleep at least 7 hours a day… Otherwise, you will shorten your life span.
- Drink plenty of fluids… This will allow you to improve digestion, metabolic processes in the body and keep the skin youthful.
- Laugh more… Doctors say that laughter is the best medicine for all diseases, which, moreover, has no contraindications.
Therefore, enjoy life and be healthy!