- Useful products for cholecystitis
- Nutrition for other diseases:
- general description
- Types and symptoms
- Treatment in mainstream medicine
- Useful products for cholecystitis
- Dangerous and harmful products
- Information sources
General description of the disease
This is a malfunction of the gallbladder caused by obstruction of the outflow of bile. Inflammation of the walls of the gallbladder affects about 15% of the world’s population, and the risk factor increases with age and overweight. Cholecystitis is more prone to women who have reached the age of 45, since changes in hormonal levels affect the outflow of bile.
Cholecystitis rarely proceeds alone, usually gastritis, biliary tract anomalies and other pathologies of the digestive tract are its companions… Physical inactivity and unbalanced nutrition stimulate an increase in the number of patients suffering from cholecystitis.
As a rule, this pathology develops against the background of gallstone disease. The accumulation of stones in the gallbladder prevents the normal outflow of bile, as a result of which an inflammatory process develops. The walls of the gallbladder are damaged, become less plastic and denser, scars form on the mucous membrane, which leads to the emergence of new stones and the development of a chronic form of the disease. Also, the development of cholecystitis can be provoked by:
- congenital pathology of the gallbladder;
- parasites such as roundworm and dysentery amoeba, pathogenic bacteria (streptococci), viruses (hepatitis, cytomegalovirus);
- physical inactivity and chronic constipation;
- allergic diseases;
- tumors in the peritoneal region;
- abuse of fatty foods and alcohol;
- impaired motility of the biliary tract;
- neuropsychiatric disorders;
- hereditary predisposition;
- endocrine disorders and autonomic disorders;
- abdominal trauma in the area of the right hypochondrium;
- long, uncontrolled diets.
As a result of exposure to one or more of the above reasons, the metabolism in the patient’s body slows down, bile becomes more viscous, the ducts become clogged, and inflammation of the walls of the gallbladder develops.
Types and symptoms of cholecystitis
Signs of pathology depend on the severity and form of the disease. For an acute form the following symptoms are characteristic:
- 1 severe pain in the right hypochondrium;
- 2 fever;
- 3 weakness;
- 4 severe nausea up to vomiting;
- 5 tachycardia;
- 6 in the case of hepatic colic, yellowness of the skin and sclera appears.
Chronic form manifested by such signs:
- 1 lethargy or, on the contrary, increased excitability;
- 2 dull pain in the liver, which can radiate to the right kidney or under the scapula;
- 3 loose stools after eating;
- 4 nausea and bitterness in the mouth;
- 5 frequent belching with air;
- 6 flatulence;
- 7 light coating on the tongue;
- 8 excessive sweating.
Complications of cholecystitis
With incorrect therapy or untimely appeal to a gastroenterologist, the following complications are possible:
- perforation of the gallbladder;
- the calculous form serves as a fertile ground for the development of tumors;
- abscess and peritonitis;
- pancreatitis of a secondary nature;
- the development of chronic cholangitis;
- gallbladder necrosis.
Prevention of cholecystitis
To prevent the development of this disease, you can adhere to the following recommendations:
- 1 drink enough fluids;
- 2 if possible, avoid psycho-emotional and physical overload;
- 3 adhere to the principles of a healthy diet, eat several times a day in small portions;
- 4 treat gastrointestinal diseases on time;
- 5 practice moderate physical activity;
- 6 regularly undergo a medical examination by a therapist;
- 7 monitor your weight. If you plan to lose weight, then you should do it at a reasonable pace, no more than 3-5 kg per month, since fasting provokes bile stagnation;
- 8 give up smoking and alcohol;
- 9 take vitamin complexes in the offseason;
- 10 drink medicinal mineral waters;
- 11 in case of acute cholecystitis, undergo the necessary course of treatment in order to avoid the development of a chronic form of the disease;
- 12 periodically take tests to identify roundworms and lamblia and, if necessary, undergo a course of treatment.
Treatment of cholecystitis in official medicine
If you have problems with the gallbladder, you should not postpone a visit to the gastroenterologist. To establish the diagnosis, blood biochemistry, ultrasound examination of the pancreas, liver and gallbladder are prescribed. If necessary, cholecystocholangiography is prescribed – an X-ray of the gallbladder with contrast agents. They also take bile for analysis using duodenal intubation.
After the diagnosis is approved, the gastroenterologist prescribes treatment, the method of which depends on the form and stage of the disease:
- non-stone therapy includes antibacterial, antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory drugs. In addition, they connect means for removing intoxication, prescribe immunomodulators and antiparasitic agents. In parallel, concomitant cholecystitis pathology of the gastrointestinal tract is treated. Good results are obtained by sounding or probeless tubing. The purpose of these procedures is to cleanse the bile ducts and remove bile. Probing is carried out in a hospital setting, the patient swallows a gastric tube. Tubage can be done at home: the patient drinks 2 glasses of heated mineral water in the morning, lies on his right side on a heating pad and lies for an hour. During periods of remission, patients with cholecystitis are shown sanatorium-resort treatment in Morshyn, Truskavets and Polyana.
- acute form most often treated in a hospital setting. First, the patient is given a drip with antispasmodics, then cholecystectomy is performed by abdominal surgery or using laparoscopy.
Useful products for cholecystitis
Medical nutrition during an exacerbation should be aimed at eliminating bile stagnation, reducing the load on the gastrointestinal tract and lowering blood cholesterol levels. Therefore, food should be frequent and fractional; it is not advisable to consume more than 500-600 g of food at one meal. The patient’s diet should include the following foods:
- 1 dried or yesterday’s bread;
- 2 first courses based on vegetable broths or dairy;
- 3 steamed vegetable dishes;
- 4 porridge from all types of cereals, except millet;
- 5 baked or boiled fish and lean meats;
- 6 dairy products with low fat content;
- 7 weak tea;
- 8 quail egg omelet;
- 9 yoghurts with bifidobacteria;
- 10 vegetarian salads;
- 11 fresh juices and smoothies made from non-acidic fruits and vegetables;
- 12 dried fruits;
- 13 a decoction of rose hips.
Folk remedies for the treatment of cholecystitis
- 1 glass of chopped horseradish roots pour 1000 ml of water, leave for 50 hours in the refrigerator. Take XNUMX g before meals, warm to room temperature before taking;
- with cholecystitis of giardiasis origin, take a decoction prepared on the basis of dried birch leaves in a proportion of 1 tbsp. 1 tbsp of water once a day for a month;
- you can get rid of the bitterness in the mouth with a decoction based on parsley and dill seeds;
- drink 1 tablespoon three times a day. decoction based on dry herb of Knotweed;
- drink in small portions during the day a decoction of their corn silk;
- chop 30 dried bay leaves, add 200 ml of vegetable oil, leave for 5 days, filter and add 10 drops to milk or kefir;
- squeeze the juice from fresh rowan berries, add the same amount of honey and take 1 tbsp. after meal;
- grind black radish in a blender, squeeze out the juice, add honey in the same amount and take 1 tsp. before meals;
- apply medicinal leeches on the back from the side of the gallbladder;
- drink as tea during the day a decoction of dried chamomile flowers;
- boil the beets until the mass takes the consistency of a syrup, drink 50 g 3 r. in a day;
- drink 1 tbsp. a day a mixture of tomato juice and sauerkraut brine;
- freshly squeezed apple juice with honey;
- take on an empty stomach 1 tbsp. crushed germinated wheat seeds mixed with sunflower oil;
- drink on an empty stomach 2 yolks from chicken eggs;
- in summer, if possible, eat as much fresh strawberries as possible.
Dangerous and harmful products for cholecystitis
The success of the treatment of cholecystitis mainly depends on adherence to the diet. It is recommended to exclude the following irritating foods from the diet:
- home and store preservation;
- fatty fish and meat;
- fried food;
- alcoholic beverages;
- strong coffee and tea;
- sweet soda;
- dairy products with high fat content;
- chocolate and pastries;
- liver dishes;
- cold drinks;
- broths from mushrooms and meat;
- ice cream.
- Herbalist: golden recipes for traditional medicine / Comp. A. Markov. – M .: Eksmo; Forum, 2007 .– 928 p.
- Popov A.P. Herbal textbook. Treatment with medicinal herbs. – LLC “U-Factoria”. Yekaterinburg: 1999.— 560 p., Ill.
- Cholecystitis, source
- New Trends In The Treatment Of Calculus Disease Of The Biliary Tract
Use of any material without our prior written consent is prohibited.
The administration is not responsible for any attempt to apply any recipe, advice or diet, and also does not guarantee that the specified information will help or harm you personally. Be prudent and always consult an appropriate physician!
The administration is not responsible for any attempt to use the information provided, and does not guarantee that it will not harm you personally. The materials cannot be used to prescribe treatment and make a diagnosis. Always consult your specialist doctor!