The problem of combating aging is, perhaps, one of the most important in the life of all mankind. The search for its solution is reflected in the latest scientific research and development, and in popular folk tales and legends. After all, everyone wants to be young. And nobody wants to get old.
Anti-aging products: types and principles of action
Thanks to the painstaking work of scientists, it was possible to prove that there are products that have a rejuvenating effect. By the way, they can be conditionally divided into several categories, namely:
- 1 Those that help the body create new cells in place of dead cells;
- 2 Those that replenish energy costs for life;
- 3 Those that provoke the production of enzymes for the normal functioning of all organs and systems.
Modern medicine, in turn, claims that a healthy lifestyle in itself is the key to youth and beauty. And leading nutritionists are developing new highly effective diets that, if not turning back the clock, then pretty much slow it down.
The most popular of them, by the way, is considered the Mediterranean, which promotes the maximum consumption of plant foods. What’s more, she insists on ditching fats in favor of olive oil and using spices and herbs as natural antioxidants. And according to its principles, you need to start and end your day with a small glass of good red wine.
How does the aging process take place?
However, before you start adjusting your diet and choosing the optimal products to maintain health and longevity, it is important to understand the mechanisms of skin aging.
They have been proven to be triggered by what are known as free radicals. These are oxygen molecules that have a free, “unpaired” electron. This electron makes the molecule unstable. He makes her look for a pair – an electron, which can be taken from another molecule. Worst of all, by attaching to a new molecule, a free radical simply disrupts its normal functioning. As a result, the area of destruction increases and a chain reaction starts, which ends in damage to skin cells and aging.
Unfortunately, this process is irreversible, but it is amenable to regulation. To do this, it is enough to introduce foods that have antioxidant properties into your diet. Of course, this will not prevent aging, but it will slow down the process for sure!
Not a single diet, or how to preserve youth correctly
Many scientists worked on the development of an exemplary menu that would allow to suspend the passage of time. But only in recent years in the United States was created a table of antioxidant activity of foods, called ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity). It contains a list of foods that contain natural antioxidants. Here are the main ones:
- Cinnamon. Longevity experts argue that it can be added to both food and intoxicating drinks, the main thing is to do it regularly.
- Dry beans. Red, black, white, or spotted will do. Moreover, just half a cup of beans is enough to make up for the lack of antioxidants in the body.
- Berries and fruits. Wild blueberries are considered the most useful, but if they are not available, you can take homemade ones. In addition, cranberries, currants, raspberries, strawberries and strawberries, Red Delicious apples, sweet cherries, plums, Gala apples, etc. will help.
- Artichokes. By the way, it is better not to cook them, but to eat them raw.
Top 10 foods to help the body fight aging
Studying the effect of food on the human body, scientists have identified those that are not only able to prolong a person’s life, but also preserve his youth. These include:
Cruciferous vegetables. These are cauliflower, white and Brussels sprouts, broccoli, turnips and radishes. They are rich in vitamin C, carotenoids and substances that help fight cancer. By the way, regular consumption of these vegetables will prevent not only aging, but also the development of eye diseases.
Tomatoes. They contain a powerful antioxidant that, moreover, prevents the occurrence of cardiovascular and cancer diseases.
Garlic. It has antioxidant, antibacterial, antiseptic and antiviral properties, helps to successfully fight the problems of the circulatory system and removes heavy metals from the body.
Avocado. Due to its high content of vitamin E, omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin C, it successfully fights against age-related changes in the body. In addition, it contains monounsaturated fats that help lower blood cholesterol and protect the heart. Introducing avocados into your diet will also keep your skin soft and firm for a long time.
Whole grains. They contain vitamins, antioxidants and fiber. Their use will reduce the risk of developing age-related diseases, in particular cancer and cardiovascular diseases, as well as gently cleanse the body.
Carrot. It contains vitamin A, which preserves the beauty of the skin and hair.
Fish. Especially salmon, sardines and herring, as it contains a lot of polyunsaturated omega-3 acids, which slow down age-related changes in the body.
Spice. In particular, red peppers and ginger, as they contain antioxidants.
Brazil nuts and sunflower seeds. They contain essential fatty acids.
Dairy products. They are rich in vitamin D, a deficiency of which is felt with age and leads to diabetes and heart disease.
Of course, it is unlikely that it will be possible to stop the aging process, but it is quite possible to significantly slow it down. To do this, it is enough to exclude, or at least limit, the consumption of certain foods.
- Sugar – It contributes to the development of chronic inflammatory diseases in the body. It is worth reducing the amount of sweets and confectionery eaten. Instead, it is better to introduce fruits and berries into your diet. They are sweet too, but healthy.
- Trans fats – baked goods (they contain margarine), fast food, and refried foods. It promotes inflammation, insulin resistance, or tissue neglect of insulin, as well as increased blood cholesterol and obesity.
- Processed food – refined grains, including flour, flour products, pasteurized milk, processed meat (in hamburgers). After processing, milk loses its beneficial properties, and 50% of the calcium contained in it becomes unsuitable for assimilation by the body. The same thing happens with grains and meat. Although the situation there is aggravated by additional salt, sugar and artificial additives, which manufacturers sometimes do not spare.
- Cooking fats – corn oil, sunflower oil, flaxseed oil, etc. They have too many omega-6 acids and too little omega-3.
- Meat of animals and poultry, in the diet of which growth hormones and antibiotics were present.
- Alcohol – it worsens the general condition of the body and often becomes the cause of dangerous diseases.
- Artificial sweeteners – they trigger the development of cancer and other serious diseases. Their presence or absence, as a rule, is indicated on the packaging. Therefore, be vigilant. And the body will say “thank you” to you someday.
How else to resist aging
Research by scientists from a university in California has shown that one of the main causes of aging in the body is the deterioration in glucose absorption with age, which can be prevented by daily walks in the fresh air for half an hour.
And scientist Nicolas Starkey from New Zealand once said: “All diets sweetened with honey can get rid of fear and anxiety and improve memory in adulthood.”
In addition, in order to stay young and healthy longer, you need to exercise regularly, lead a healthy lifestyle, drink at least 2–2.5 liters of water per day and exclude salt, sugar and excessively fatty foods from your diet.
And the main thing to remember is that old age begins with thinking about it in your head. Therefore, drive them away, enjoy life and be happy!
We have collected the most important points about proper nutrition to slow down aging and would be grateful if you share a picture on a social network or blog, with a link to this page: