Cirrhosis is a severe stage of liver disease. With the course of this disease, the tissues of the organ are replaced by fibrous growths. After the death of hepacites, the liver gradually ceases to perform its functions.
The disease occurs most often in people over 30 years old, mainly in men. There are many reasons for cirrhosis: chronic alcoholism, diabetes mellitus, problems of the cardiovascular system, impaired metabolism and many others.
The disease manifests itself over several months and even years. Symptoms depend on the stage of cirrhosis, which is why it is important to notice them in the early stages. First of all, these are signs of asthenic syndrome, yellowing of the skin, the appearance of redness on the palms, itching of the skin. Fever and nausea, fast satiation with a small amount of food and rapid weight loss, a tendency to colds are also symptoms of the disease. An increase in liver size, coarsening, and a bumpy surface are also often noticeable.
The diagnosis is determined taking into account the general picture of the state of the body and the performance of specific laboratory tests.
Healthy foods for cirrhosis
- When choosing a diet, it is important to remember about the type of cirrhosis and the ability of the liver. With a compensated course of the disease, it is recommended to use cottage cheese, sour milk, egg white, millet, buckwheat and oatmeal porridge.
- In case of decompensated cirrhosis, it is recommended to consume more protein. Preferably no more than 85 grams of fat per day, half milk, half vegetable.
- A wide variety of dried bakery products. It is advisable to stop the choice on products made from flour of the first, or premium grade. Not butter biscuits, or other products with boiled fish or animal meat, with cottage cheese and apples.
- It is better to use vegetable soups with cereals. Dairy soups with pasta and fruits. Various vegetarian cabbage soup and borscht. When cooking, vegetables should not be roasted, only squeezed or boiled.
- Sour cream and dairy sauces will be the best side dishes. Parsley, dill and vanillin will add flavor and benefit to your dishes.
- It is better to choose lean meat, without tendons and skins. Turkey meat, young lean lamb, beef, chicken, rabbit meat will be a good replenishment of the diet. Stuffed cabbage, meat, cutlets and sausages and fish are best steamed.
- Eggs can be boiled and omelettes can be fried, using no more than one yolk per day.
- A variety of vegetables and peas are perfect for garnish and salads, fresh and boiled. Sauerkraut can be not sour, but onions should be cooked. Salads are best seasoned with vegetable oil.
- Dairy and fermented milk products should be non-acidic and with a reduced fat percentage. Non-fatty cottage cheese and a variety of mild cheeses, as well as dishes and puddings with them.
- A wide variety of cereals with milk in half with water and on water. From cereals, rice, semolina, oatmeal and pasta are suitable.
- You can eat all non-acidic fruits, preferably sweet ones, raw, dried, or grated with sugar.
- From sweets, honey, marshmallows, sugar, preserves, jams, various jellies are suitable.
- And it is better to wash down sweets with tea with and without milk, a variety of vegetable and fruit juices and fruit drinks, rosehip decoction, compotes and jelly.
- Of the fats, it is better to use refined butter and vegetable oils.
- Grind four leaves of aloe in a blender, mix the resulting puree with half a liter of Cahors and 200 grams of honey. Insist four days in the dark.
- A good folk remedy will be a tincture of calendula from a pharmacy.
- A decoction of herbs oregano, St. John’s wort, tansy, yarrow, immortelle and a little celandine will also be useful. It is not difficult to cook it: the indicated herbs are poured into cold water, after which it is brought to a boil, 15 minutes on low heat and the broth is ready: cool and drink.
- Tea brewed from the hairs of ripe corn has medicinal properties.
- Grind four lemons in a blender or meat grinder, two of which are with zest, and three heads of peeled garlic. Then add a glass of olive oil and a liter of bee honey. Mix everything and store in a dark, cool place. Consume a tablespoon daily half an hour before meals three times a day.
- Rinse three tablespoons of oat grains in warm water. Four liters of cold water, three tablespoons of birch buds, washed oats and a couple of tablespoons of lingonberry leaf are poured into a five-liter enamel dish. Keep for 12 hours in a cool and dark place, boil a liter of water, pour chopped rose hips into it and boil them for 17 minutes, then stand for a day. Then boil the first liquid for XNUMX minutes, adding two tablespoons of corn stigmas and three tablespoons of knotweed. Cool the broth for forty minutes. Then filter, mix the liquids and store in the refrigerator for no more than five days. Drink the broth warm, half an hour before meals, half a glass four times a day, no later than seven in the evening and no more than ten days in a row.
Dangerous and harmful foods for cirrhosis
First of all, fresh and rye bread, rich, fried and puff pastry should be removed from the diet. Do not eat meat, fish and other smoked products. Meat, mushroom and fish broths. Pork, lamb and beef lard. Fatty meats and fish, as well as liver, brain and heart. Fatty bird breeds such as goose and duck. Almost all types of sausages and canned food. Spicy and salty cheeses. Fatty dairy products such as fermented baked milk, sour cream, cream, cooking fats. Fried and hard boiled eggs.
From vegetables and fruits, fiber-rich and acidic fruits should be avoided. Green onions and garlic, mustard, sorrel, horseradish, spinach, peppers, radishes and radishes should not be used from greens. Sweets – chocolate, cakes with cream, ice cream. You can not use cold drinks, coffee and cocoa, alcoholic beverages.
The administration is not responsible for any attempt to use the information provided, and does not guarantee that it will not harm you personally. The materials cannot be used to prescribe treatment and make a diagnosis. Always consult your specialist doctor!