How long russula to cook?
Before boiling, russula, clean it from dirt, pour cold water, cook for 30 minutes.
Before frying russula, you do not need to boil it.
How to cook russula
You will need – russula, cooking water, salt
1. Before boiling russula, it is necessary to sort out well, since only small, strong and healthy mushrooms can be boiled.
2. Rinse the mushrooms thoroughly with cold water and place in a saucepan.
3. Pour cold water over the mushrooms so that its volume is twice the volume of the mushrooms.
4. On medium heat, wait for a boil, then reduce it.
5. The foam that appears when boiling mushrooms should be removed.
6. You also need to add salt, a few black peppercorns and bay leaves.
7. Cook russula should be 30 minutes after the water boils.
8. Unlike other mushrooms, the water remaining after boiling russula cannot be used.
How to salt russula
Russula – 1 kilogram
Garlic – 3-4 clove
Vegetable oil – 3 tablespoons
Blueberry leaves – several pieces
Onions – 1 small onion
Salt – 4 tablespoons
How long and how to salt russula
Clean fresh russula from dirt, rinse gently, put in a saucepan, sprinkle with salt. Peel the garlic, cut into thin petals, add to the mushrooms. Cover russula with blueberry sprigs and leave in a cool, dark place for 12 hours. Then sprinkle with chopped onion, add sunflower oil and mix well. Arrange the russula in sterilized jars, close and report the russula until the jar is full. After 30 days, your salty russula are ready!
How to cook russula before freezing
1. Gently rinse the russula in water.
2. Put russula in a saucepan, add water, salt and cook for 20 minutes.
3. After cooking, put the russula in a sieve, wait for the water to drain, and put it in plastic bags.
4. Remove russula in the freezer.
After freezing, the mushrooms will be suitable for six months. They need to be thawed at room temperature and then additional cooking is applied – frying or boiling.
How to cook russula in broth
A pound of raw oil will require 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil, 2-3 tablespoons of meat broth, salt and herbs.
Thoroughly clean and rinse russula, put in salted water, put on fire. Bring to a boil, put in a colander, then put in a saucepan with heated oil, add broth, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes. Serve with finely chopped herbs.
How to cook russula in a salad
Russula – 100 grams
Chicken egg – 2 pieces
Dill greens – 1 sprig
For the filling
Vegetable oil – 30 grams
Salt, vinegar, pepper – to taste (vinegar can be replaced with lime juice)
Russula salad recipe
1. Boil russula, cut into strips.
2. Hard boil the eggs, peel, cool and cut into cubes.
3. Stir eggs with russula.
4. For dressing – mix vegetable oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
5. Sprinkle the salad with finely chopped dill.
Fascinating facts about russula
– Russula can be found in coniferous and deciduous, mixed forests or even in a swamp. You can start collecting them in May, and finish in October: the main thing is that it rains.
– All russula have white plates on the inside of the cap and all have white legs, no rings, no scales or films. The cut in russula remains white.
– When collecting russula, you should take into account that they are very fragile. The russula are usually collected separately from other mushrooms so that forest debris from other wetter mushrooms does not mix with broken russules. To prevent the russula from breaking when cleaning, it is better to immediately scald them with boiling water.
– The film can be easily removed from the russula’s cap, but you don’t need to do this, because sometimes thanks to it, the mushroom does not fall apart during cooking.
– If the russula has a bitter taste, it is a pungent russula. To get rid of the bitterness, sprinkle the mushrooms with salt and refrigerate overnight, then boil.
– If russula are bitter, it is necessary to clean them from the film on the cap. At the same time, red russula are most often bitter – you can first try to clean only them. If cleaning did not help get rid of the bitterness, then you should change the water and boil the russula for another 20 minutes.
– The calorie content of russula is only 19 kcal / 100 grams.
– The benefits of russula are due to the content of vitamins B1 (regulates the nervous system), B2 (growth and health of skin, nails, hair), C (immune processes in the body), E (protection of cell membranes) and PP (health of the circulatory system).
How to make russula soup
Soup foods (4 liter saucepan)
Russula – 300 grams
Noodles are a decent handful
Potato – 3 medium potatoes
Onions – 1 head
Carrots – 1 piece
Bay leaf – a pair of leaves
Fresh dill – a few twigs
Salt – to taste
Butter – 3×3 cm cube
Sour cream – to taste
How to make russula soup
1. Peel russula, wash and cut. Peel the potatoes and cut into 1 centimeter cubes.
2. Pour water into a saucepan, put russula, bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes. Add potatoes, salt and seasonings, continue cooking.
3. Peel the onions and carrots, finely chop the onion, grate the carrots on a coarse grater.
4. Heat a frying pan, melt butter on it, put onions and after a couple of minutes of frying onions – carrots.
5. Fry the carrots and onions for another 5 minutes, then put the frying in the soup. Add noodles and cook for another 5 minutes.
6. Serve russula soup with sour cream and chopped dill.
Boiled russula snack
Russula – 250-350 grams
Green onions – 1-2 feathers
Lettuce leaves – 3-4 leaves
Ham – 25 grams
Vegetable oil – 1-2 teaspoons
Parsley (can be replaced with dill) – 1 small sprig
Salt – to taste
Russula snack recipe
1. Boil russula, cool and cut into thin strips.
2. Rinse lettuce, onions and herbs with water and dry with a napkin.
3. Chop the onion and chop the herbs.
4. In a large bowl, gently mix russula, herbs, green onion.
5. Salt a little and pour over with vegetable oil.
6. Stir again.
7. Put lettuce leaves on a flat dish or plate, and a snack on them.
8. Thinly chop the ham and roll it into rolls.
9. Decorate the appetizer with rolls.
10. Put a sprig of parsley on top.