Losing weight up to 3 kg in 7 days.
The average daily calorie content is 1070 Kcal.
Cranberries are also popularly called “cranberries” because of the similarity of a young cranberry ovary to a crane head. This berry has long been famous for a large list of useful properties. Cranberry is good not only for its healing composition, it serves as an excellent aid in losing weight.
Cranberry Diet Requirements
If you need to lose 2 to 3 extra pounds, and you are not ready for a significant diet cut, the 7-day cranberry diet is perfect. Nutritionists do not recommend extending the dietary period.
Every morning, shortly before breakfast, you need to drink 200-250 ml of cranberry drink. A miracle drink is prepared as follows. Mix two tablespoons of juice squeezed from berries with a glass of water. If desired, you can add a little honey. Eat a small handful of cranberries before each next meal.
During the cranberry diet, it is recommended to eat fractionally – arrange three main meals and two snacks. The diet, in addition to cranberries, should consist of cereals, low-fat dairy and sour-milk products, eggs, fruits and vegetables, lean meat and fish. Eat sauerkraut with cranberries every day for lunch or dinner.
To avoid problems with the work of the gastrointestinal tract, doctors advise not to mix cranberries and carbohydrate products (potatoes, pasta, baked goods) in one meal.
You must drink a sufficient amount of clean water (at least 1,5 liters), you can also drink tea and coffee without sugar. The amount of salt should be limited. And if you can completely refuse to add it, do it. In any case, you should not add salt to the food during cooking, it is better to season the food during the meal. It is not advisable to use spices and herbs.
And after completing the diet, you should refrain from eating fatty, fried, overly salty and pickled foods, smoked meats, fast food, pastry sweets, alcohol. The longer you remain an adherent of proper nutrition, the more stable the result of losing weight will be. By the way, for the diet to be more effective and to minimize the possibility of disruptions in the body’s work, healthy food should become the hostess of your menu at least a couple of days before the start of adherence to the cranberry technique.
Examples of breakfasts:
– oatmeal cooked in water (you can add some dried fruits and nuts to the porridge), a cup of tea or coffee;
– 100-150 g low-fat cottage cheese with one kiwi or half a banana, whole grain bread, tea or coffee.
Examples of second breakfasts:
– grapefruit or green apple, a glass of kefir or yogurt without additives;
– a sandwich made from a slice of whole grain bread and cottage cheese with a fat content not exceeding 4%.
Examples of lunches:
– a couple of tablespoons of rice porridge with a slice of boiled turkey or chicken, a salad of non-starchy vegetables and herbs;
– 150 g of steamed lean meat or fish fillets and any stewed vegetables.
Examples of snacks:
– a slice of whole grain bread, natural yogurt (250 ml), a small apple (preferably a green variety);
– a glass of kefir, boiled egg and grapefruit.
Examples of dinner:
– 100-150 g of boiled turkey fillet and about the same amount of sauerkraut;
– 150 g low-fat cottage cheese, cucumber or tomato.
Contraindications to the cranberry diet
- Losing weight according to the cranberry method is not allowed for children, adolescents, as well as people over 60. The taboo for following such a diet is pregnancy, breastfeeding, a short time after surgery and any serious diseases, chronic diseases (especially during an exacerbation).
- If you are taking sulfonic drugs, you should refuse to use cranberries in any quantity. With increased acidity and peptic ulcer disease, the stomach lining can be damaged from cranberries.
Benefits of the cranberry diet
- The cranberry diet, compared to many other weight loss methods, cannot be called hungry; her menu is quite balanced. The diet consists of healthy and affordable foods, the use of which does not contradict the norms of proper nutrition.
- Meals five times a day can keep you feeling full throughout the day, and you won’t be in danger of losing your diet.
- Talking about the benefits of the cranberry diet, one cannot but pay attention to the usefulness of the berry. Cranberries have a positive effect on the process of losing weight due to the presence of a large amount of fiber in it, which fills the stomach without unnecessary calories and relieves the intestines of harmful accumulations. Cranberry tannins accelerate metabolic processes and help maintain new weight in the future.
- The acidity inherent in cranberries is due to the content of cinchona, oleic, citric and benzoic acids in it. In particular, thanks to these components, the berry can be stored for a long time and even be used as a natural natural preservative when added to other products. Vitamins B, C, PP, K, potassium, iodine, manganese, iron, phosphorus, cobalt, essential oils available in cranberries are active helpers of the body in strengthening health.
- These berries are natural antibiotics, so they are very useful for infectious lesions of any organs. An important advantage of cranberries is that it interferes with the formation of cholesterol plaques in blood vessels. Cranberries contain phenolic compounds that minimize the risk of cancer and protect against radiation. The berry is able to bind and remove dangerous compounds of lead, cobalt, cesium from the body. It is especially useful to include cranberries in the diet for people involved in hazardous production.
- Cranberry blocks the spread of bad bacteria and resists pyelonephritis, cystitis, urethritis and other diseases of the genitourinary system and kidneys. Phytoncides – organic substances, which are very abundant in cranberries, will help to cure inflammation of the bladder and renal canals.
Disadvantages of the diet
- The main disadvantage of the cranberry diet is its seasonality. If you want cranberries to help you not only lose weight, but also be useful, it is better to diet during the berry picking period.
- Cranberries are not recommended for people with weak tooth enamel, berry acids have a destructive effect on it. However, in this case, the harm and benefits of this gift of nature can be balanced by grinding berries with sugar. Such cranberries will not harm the body (on the contrary, they will be useful), but weight loss may be questionable. After eating berries or juice from them, rinse the genus with water.
- Heartburn often occurs from cranberries.
Re-doing the cranberry diet
If you want to resort to the cranberry weight loss method again, take at least a month’s break.