Whitefish – the fish of the salmon family, live in the rivers of Europe and North Asia. Some of the whitefish species can migrate from freshwater to saltwater and vice versa. Over the past century, many whitefish species have become extinct, which is why the fish was listed in the Red Book; it is known for certain that at least 18 species have become extinct.
Among the special properties of this fish is its use in the cosmetic field. Anti-aging masks are made based on fish oil. Products based on whitefish oil help eliminate dry skin, resist the appearance of cellulite in women, and strengthen the structure of nails and hair.
11 facts about all species:
- This fish is freshwater.
- Belongs to the salmon family.
- Has a white meat color.
- It lives in different lakes.
- The length of a three-year-old individual’s carcass is 30 cm, and the weight is 300 g.
- It is widely used in cooking.
- The Red Book protects some whitefish species.
- This fish is rarely grown commercially.
- Russia has one of the largest populations in the world.
- Several species can peacefully coexist in the same lake.
- The calorie content is 144 kcal per 100 grams of fish product.
- To feel the healing effect of whitefish fish, you need to eat it at least 2-3 times a week for 3-5 months. If you add to the diet and eat for more than 1 year, there will be obvious changes in the direction of complex rejuvenation and healing of the body. Long-term use of whitefish slows down the aging process.
Calorie content of whitefish
The calorie content of whitefish is 144 kcal per 100 grams.
Proteins, g: 19.0
Fat, g: 7.5
Beneficial features of whitefish
Firstly, eating fish delicacies such as whitefish can help fight depression and strengthen the immune system. Secondly, beneficial properties include accelerating metabolism, normalizing blood pressure, and improving vision. Thirdly, even bones are high in calcium; when you ground bones into flour, it can be a good remedy to strengthen bones, teeth, and hair. Packed with many nutrients. List of minerals in fish meat:
Whitefish carcasses have a fairly high meat fat content. Fatty fish, and especially whitefish very quickly absorbed in the body. Unlike animal fat, fish oil is beneficial, and other processed foods such as caviar, heads, and tails. For those on a diet, whitefish is an excellent solution for steaming fish. In addition to steaming, it is good stuffed and baked. Boiled meat is not high-calorie, low-fat, and quickly absorbed.
The meat of fish of all types of white fishes is very good for young children due to the high concentration of vitamin D. It is necessary to eat fish in small portions after a child is 1 year old. The consumption of meat helps to strengthen the bones, hair, teeth of the child. For adults, whitefish can help strengthen the nervous system and prevent the development of cardiovascular diseases. When cooking, it is necessary to carry out heat treatment for at least 20 minutes. Whitefish soup increases the body’s protective functions, the immune system gets stronger, and the resistance to infections grows.
How to store whitefish
When storing fish meat, you should strictly control the temperature regime. In a frozen state at a temperature of -18 ° C, you can store carcasses for 10 months. If the fish is hotly smoked, you should be careful, because the shelf life of the food is no more than 3 days at a storage temperature of -1 ° C to + 2 you can store ° C. Salted fish at a temperature of 0-1 ° C for only 1 week.
When fish are thawed, harmful microorganisms can multiply in them at high speed. If you are not going to cook fresh whitefish right away, which is recommended, send the product to the refrigerator as soon as possible. This fish does not cause allergies, and it is best to include it in the diet of pregnant women and those who just want to conceive children. Whitefish is a favorite treat for young children.
HARM AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
Whitefish is contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity to its components and case of allergy to fish and seafood. Whitefish should not be eaten raw so as not to provoke the ingestion of parasite larvae. It is best to buy fish in certified stores to be sure of the quality of the product. The fact is that many pathogens and hazardous substances tend to accumulate in fish meat if it is found in contaminated sources. It is better to use fish from ecologically clean areas of its habitat.
USE IN COSMETOLOGY
The rich content of omega fatty acids has found resonance in cosmetic foods. Whitefish fish oil is popular in the art of beauty both externally and internally. Cosmetologists use it to:
- create masks against hair loss and fragility;
- anti-wrinkle creams;
- lotions for dry and normal skin;
- anti-cellulite wraps.
Inside, fish oil is taken to nourish and rejuvenate the skin, improve the structure and quality of nails, restore and strengthen hair.
APPLICATION IN MEDICINE
Improving memory. This healthy fish is widely popular in both traditional and modern medicine. Secondly, remedies, based on it, contain a large amount of unsaturated fatty acids (omega-3). They are perfect for the diet not only for people with a deficiency of this substance but also for a healthy person.
The effect of omega-3 on the body:
- anti-inflammatory actions;
- improved brain activity;
- the concentration of attention and memory;
- stabilization of the immune system;
- recovery of the body after illnesses.
Among other things, whitefish meat is good for people suffering from tuberculosis. Moreover, it is useful for the prevention of rickets and anemia.
Taste of whitefish and use in cooking
Whitefish is a river or lake type of fish that has delicious meat. It is juicy, tender, with few bones. A large quantity of caviar distinguishes whitefish individuals, it is larger in volume, and it is lighter than, for example, trout.
What side dishes does whitefish go with?
- Mushrooms: oyster mushroom, white, champignons.
- Cereals: buckwheat.
- Nut: almonds.
- Sauces: sour cream, milk, sweet and sour, sorrel, tartar.
- Vegetables / Root vegetables: onions, zucchini, cauliflower, potatoes, horseradish, bell peppers, cucumber.
- Fruits / Dried fruits / Berries: apples, prunes, orange, lemon, cranberry, wild garlic.
- Greens: dill, sorrel, parsley, onion.
- Dairy foods: sour cream, milk, cheese.
- Pasta / Flour foods: vermicelli.
- Vegetable oil.
- Alcohol: Dry wine, vermouth, beer.
- Spices: bay leaf, pepper, salt, vinegar.
Firstly, the range of applications of the product in cooking is extremely diverse. However, the fish is not suitable for cooking since its meat does not withstand heat treatment and deforms. Whitefish is good dried, smoked, salted, fried, or canned. Besides, you may stew the fish in sauces or without them, bake it in the oven, foil, and grill.
- Frozen whitefish 1pc
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Mustard to taste
- Bulb onions
- Several slices of lemon
- Sweet pepper
- Greens to taste
- Paper for baking
- required amount
- Defrost fish naturally on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator. Cut through the abdomen, remove the entrails, gills, rinse. Gently cut the ridge near the caudal fin and near the head with scissors, remove together with the bones.
Place the fish on the parchment in a baking dish, skin side down. Brush fillet with mustard, salt, and pepper to taste 2
- Place the fish on the parchment in a baking dish, skin side down. Brush fillet with mustard, salt, and pepper to taste
Layout thin lemon slices. (do not overdo it, otherwise, the fish will sour)
- Put onion rings, and pepper cut into thin strips on the lemon
- Sprinkle with olive oil and place in an oven preheated to 200-220C for 8-10 minutes (until the fish is ready)
- Decorate the finished dish with herbs
Enjoy your meal!