Radish is a natural cooling vegetable, its pungent aroma is highly valued in oriental medicine for its ability to eliminate excess heat in the body, especially during the warm season.
- Soothe a sore throat. Due to its sharp taste and sharpness, it eliminates excess mucus in the body, helping in the fight against colds. It also clears the sinuses.
- Improve digestion. Radishes are a natural cleanser for the human digestive system, helping to eliminate stagnant food from the intestines, as well as toxins accumulated over time in the body.
- Prevent viral infections. Due to the high content of vitamin C and natural cleansing properties, regular consumption of radishes can prevent the development of viral infections.
- Eliminate toxins. In Oriental and Ayurvedic medicine, radishes are considered to have anti-toxin and carcinogenic free radical properties.
- Low in calories but high in nutrients. At 20 calories per cup of radishes, this vegetable is a great source of nutrients and fiber.
- Prevent cancer. As a member of the cruciferous vegetable family (like cabbage and broccoli), radishes contain phytonutrients, fiber, vitamins and minerals that prevent cancer.