General advice for those who are not indifferent to the problem of water conservation:
· A small drop falling from a faulty faucet every minute takes 200 liters of water a year. What should be done? Repair the plumbing and ask the housing company to find a hidden water leak.
· When choosing a washing machine and dishwasher, give preference to appliances with minimal water consumption.
· When leaving on vacation, be sure to block the pipes. This will not only save you from leakage in the event of a breakthrough, but also save property – yours and your neighbors.
Reusing water is a good habit. There was a glass of water on the bedside table for a long time – water the houseplant.
· Insulate hot water pipes – you won’t have to drain the water anywhere waiting for the right temperature for washing or showering.
· “Military shower” will reduce water consumption by two-thirds – do not forget to turn off the water while you lather the body.
· It is not necessary to turn on the faucet to shave. You can fill the container with water and rinse the razor in it. The same water can then be poured into a flower bed in the garden. We are not kidding!
· Find a water leak in the toilet – you can add dye to the tank and see if the color of the water turns pale.
· Small debris or scraps of paper should be disposed of in a bin, not flushed down the toilet.
Do not brush your teeth in the shower. During this essential morning routine, liters of water are wasted. One small cup of water is enough to brush your teeth.
· There is no need to turn on the faucet to its fullest while washing. Let it be a small trickle.
· Do not wait until the hot water reaches the tap – during this time you can have time to wash the vegetables.
· Never run a half-empty dishwasher. Not only water will go to waste, but also electricity.
Not all dishes need to be thoroughly washed every time. For drinking, it is enough for each family member to allocate one glass a day. Use inventory as many times as its sanitary condition allows.
· Closed pots not only prevent excess water evaporation, but also save energy by heating food, not the surrounding space.
· Water that has been boiled in pasta, potatoes, vegetables (aka broth) can be reused for soups or stews.
· Lightweight, delicate fabrics hold up better when hand washed and require less water.
How to reduce water consumption if you have a house? When working on the site, it is also necessary to follow the rules of economy.
· No matter how trite it sounds, but you need to know exactly where the tap is located, blocking the water in the house. This will apply in the event of an accident.
· By collecting rainwater by installing gutters on the roof of the house, it is quite possible to stock up on water for watering the garden. You can redirect drains to a pond or to the roots of a large tree.
· Instead of watering the paths, sometimes it is enough to sweep them. In addition, it is a good physical exercise.
· The covered pool stays cleaner longer and the water evaporates less.
Why arrange fountains on the site? No matter how beautiful their splashes look, this is a huge waste. The sprayed water quickly evaporates.
What else can we do in this direction? A lot if you look around. Talk to your children about why it is important to conserve nature’s resources, explain how to do it, and lead by example. Talk to management at work about finding water leaks in the building. Notify the city authorities if you notice a breakdown in the irrigation lines or irrational watering. So please forward this article to your friends!