Ease of execution
The task of the practice that came to us from Eastern countries is to restore the spiritual health of a person. Meditation promotes relaxation, concentration, helps to get rid of depressive states and neurosis, makes you stop and remember yourself, your aspirations and goals. Regular classes help a person to fulfill himself, reach new levels of development and self-knowledge.
Meditation in the office is a new direction that is practiced mainly by busy residents of megacities. About whether it is possible to learn this and what exercises will help even beginners, we talked with Daria Pepelyaeva – author of courses on mindfulness and meditation practices:
According to Daria, a deep meditative state cannot be achieved without regular practice and the formation of a certain skill. But in an office environment, you can use an already accumulated resource, returning to a centered state in just a few minutes:
The quickest and easiest solution is to start meditating in the workplace. And if there is an opportunity to retire, then the choice of exercises expands.
Change of circumstances
To get away from the hustle and bustle of the office, you can:
Breathing is directly related to the emotional state, therefore, in a situation where a person is overworked, is in a long tension, he should change the pace of inhalations and exhalations. You can stretch them, make pauses between them, concentrating on the fact that right now you need to forget about everything and just breathe.
You can ride the elevator, go to another floor, or walk around the building. It is important to be fully present in this action, without going back, for example, to a bunch of thoughts from the past hour or to a list of tasks to complete.
It is worth brewing fragrant tea for yourself, closing your eyes, changing your body position to a more comfortable one, paying attention to every new sensation:
—, says Daria. – .
Contrary to the opinion of many beginners, meditation does not require special music. With it, of course, it is easier to switch, because it is a good trap for attention, it allows you to quickly abstract and plunge into a state of calm and relaxation. But in most cases in the office there is no way to turn on the track at the desired volume and sit in the lotus position. Therefore, the presence of music during meditation is optional.
-, – notes Daria Pepelyaeva.
There are a lot of techniques related to breathing in meditation, so everyone can find something of their own and practice right now.
Simple exercises for meditation in the office
1. Take a few breaths and observe how you feel. Attention can be directed to the movement of air in the sinuses, to the abdominal wall or diaphragm.
2. Do several rhythmic breath cycles with mental delays. This technique will help not only concentration, but also calmness, since vasodilation will increase the level of carbon dioxide in the blood, which will have a beneficial effect on the health of the body.
3. Draw a dot on a piece of paper and place it in front of you. Try to look at the center of the dot without blinking or thinking about anything. When your eyes get tired, you can close them and mentally imagine what you just saw in front of you.
4. Touch your palms to your knees and concentrate on the sensations. Feel the touch of the skin, its tension, the contraction of the muscles in your hands. You may even be able to notice the beating of the heart in the fingertips.
5. Get up and feel the whole body, every part of it, walking through it with attention. If there is tension somewhere, remove it. Bend your knees slightly and catch a sense of balance, relax your inner axis. The practice may take only 1 minute, but it will effectively return you to a calm state.
6. Ask yourself, “How do I feel right now?” and then “How do I WANT to feel right now?”. For people with a strong mind, this practice will allow them to logically bring themselves into a different state.