There is a whole summer ahead with its joys and pleasant worries. You can already make a list of important things for the future. Practical housewives plan everything in advance. And home preparations for the winter are no exception. The secrets of such blanks are shared by the experts of Kilner-a brand of modern, high-quality and durable dishes that are ideal for canning. In it, the blanks retain a rich taste and do not lose their useful properties. All foods of the brand can be found on the website and in DesignBoom retail stores. Save these recipes in the culinary piggy bank — they will certainly be useful to you.
Lemon and strawberry extravaganza
While waiting for your favorite preparations, treat yourself to a fresh fragrant lemonade. This drink will perfectly quench your thirst and help you refresh yourself on a hot day.
We recommend preparing and serving it in a Kilner beverage dispenser. It is made of durable glass, complemented by a tight-fitting lid and a convenient plastic faucet. Pour as much as you want! An indispensable accessory for summer picnics and outdoor parties. You can take it with you anywhere.
- Lemon — 2 pcs.
- Strawberries-150 g.
- Purple basil — 4-5 sprigs.
- Sugar — 125 g.
- Carbonated water — 2 liters.
- Lemon is thoroughly washed, dried, grated on a fine grater zest. We cut the lemon itself into circles. Basil is also washed, dried, carefully tear off all the leaves.
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil, dissolve the sugar, lay the lemon mugs, zest and basil. Cover the drink with a lid and insist until it gets a soft pink shade.
- Filter the cooled lemonade through cheesecloth in several layers, pour it into a Kilner dispenser and put it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- Before serving, put a little crushed ice in each glass and garnish with whole strawberries.
Raspberry jam is the aroma and taste of summer itself. Remember, this berry is not washed in any case, otherwise it will become watery and tasteless. It is best to cook it in an enameled or copper basin. Stainless steel is also suitable. But aluminum dishes for these purposes are unacceptable. For a brighter expressive aroma, you can add star anise, lemon zest, lemon balm or rosemary.
Another jar for billets from Kilner will help to save such a delicacy until the winter itself. Thanks to the strong glass and securely attached lid, it is perfect for storing jam or jam. The form is so appetizing that it will be doubly pleasant to eat jam from it. We suggest trying this option.
- Raspberries — 1.2 kg.
- Sugar — 1 kg.
- Cognac — 100 ml.
- Carefully we sort through the raspberries, remove all the overripe and rotten ones. We spread them in layers in a small basin, evenly sprinkling with sugar. We give the raspberries to infuse for 3-4 hours, so that they are saturated with their own juice.
- Now pour in the cognac and put the basin on a slow fire. Remember, the jam should not boil in any case. As soon as the first bubbles are about to appear on the surface, we remove the basin from the fire and leave it to rest for a couple of hours. Repeat the procedure twice more, after which we pour the finished jam into Kilner jars and tightly tighten the lids.
Plum is one of the main summer fruits. It will make an excellent jam, candied fruits or compote. For blanks, you can take any varieties. It is desirable that these are large fleshy fruits without spots and cracks, from which the stone is easily removed. If the skin is too dense, blanch the plums for 5-7 minutes in hot water no higher than 80°C. The rich taste with an expressive sourness is organically complemented by vanilla, cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg.
It is convenient to store such a delicacy in a jar for Kilner blanks, for example, in the form of an orange, a volume of 400 ml is quite enough. The tightly screwed lid prevents the penetration of air, and your sweet preparations will remain intact until winter. A beautiful original design will please the eye and create a sense of comfort. We suggest filling the jar with fragrant plum jam.
- Plums — 1 kg.
- Sugar — 1 kg.
- Water — 250 ml.
- Dried almond kernels — a handful.
- We wash the plums well, keep them in boiling water for a minute, pour ice water over them. Remove the skin and remove the bones. The pulp is placed in an enameled dish, sprinkled with sugar and left for a couple of hours to make the juice stand out.
- Then we pour water here, bring it to a boil and simmer the plums until they are completely boiled.
- Pour out the crushed almond kernels and stand for another couple of minutes. They will give the jam subtle nutty notes.
- Pour it into the prepared jam jar from Kilner, close it tightly, wrap it with a towel and let it cool.
Strong and crispy cucumbers
Fragrant pickles are the best snack for all occasions. Cucumbers for pickles should be medium-sized, dense and with black pimples. Small fruits with a thin skin are the most delicious. The brine should be moderately hot, not higher than 90°C, otherwise the cucumbers will become loose and watery. Put them in the jar side by side, but do not fill them too tightly. Then you will definitely get a crunchy effect.
Dishes for blanks are an important point. Kilner cans with a volume of 0.5–3 liters are ideal for this purpose. Thanks to the certified technology of twisting cans, the lid does not allow air to pass inside, providing an ideal vacuum. The wide throat makes it easy to lay cucumbers whole. But not quite the usual recipe for salting.
- Fresh cucumbers — how many will fit in a jar.
- Water — 500 ml.
- Salt — 1 tbsp. l.
- Sugar — 50 g.
- Citric acid-0.5 tsp.
- Garlic — 2 cloves.
- Lemon — 2-3 mugs.
- Currant, cherry, tarragon, bay leaf — 2 leaves each
- Dill umbrella-2 pcs.
- Horseradish root — 0.5 cm.
- Allspice – 2-3 peas.
- Cucumbers are soaked in water for an hour, washed, cut off the tails on both sides.
- At the bottom of the sterilized Kilner jar, we put garlic, all the available leaves and spices. We lay cucumbers vertically, put lemon slices between them. Fill everything with hot water, stand for 10-15 minutes and drain.
- Bring the water for the brine to a boil, add sugar, salt and citric acid, let it boil for a minute.
- After cooling the brine a little, pour it over the cucumbers in a jar and close it tightly with a sterilized lid.
- We turn the jar upside down and wrap it with a blanket.
Tomatoes are like honey
Tomatoes can be preserved in dozens of different ways. But in any case, you should choose late varieties — red, green or pink. For pickling, strong, dense and not large fruits with a fleshy pulp are best suited. Dill, parsley, horseradish, garlic, red capsicum and black pepper peas are most harmoniously combined with tomatoes.
The jar for blanks in the form of a tomato from Kilner was created specifically for such blanks. Thanks to the certified technology of twisting cans, the lid does not allow air to pass inside, providing an ideal vacuum. This means that the blanks will safely survive until winter. In addition, whole tomatoes look so appetizing in a tomato-shaped jar. Let’s try the original recipe in sweet brine?
- Small tomatoes — how many will fit in a jar.
- Horseradish, currant, oak leaves-1-2 pieces each.
- Garlic-1-2 cloves.
- Dill umbrella — 1 pc.
- Black pepper with peas-1-2 pcs.
- Citric acid on the tip of the knife.
- Water — 1 liter.
- Salt — 1 tbsp. l.
- Sugar — 6-7 tbsp. l.
- Vinegar — 1 tbsp. l.
- At the bottom of the prepared Kilner jar, put half the leaves, dill and garlic. We pierce each tomato, put it tightly in a jar, cover it with the remaining leaves on top. Fill everything with boiling water, let it steam for 5-7 minutes and drain.
- Brine is made simply. Heat the water, dissolve the salt, sugar and vinegar, bring to a boil and immediately remove from the heat.
- Pour the boiling solution over the tomatoes in the jar, throw citric acid and tighten the lid tightly.
- We wrap the jar in a towel and keep it so until it cools completely.
Especially for our readers, we have made a 20% discount on all foods of the Kilner brand. To take advantage of the discount, enter the promo code KILNER20 on the DesignBoom website when making a purchase. Hurry up! The discount is valid until July 31, 2019.