Women are created in order to inspire men to exploits, to enchant, fall in love, and also to give the world children. It’s good when this cycle of wonderful events in everyone’s life happens! But all this is difficult to implement without intimate health. How can modern gynecology help? What can gynecologists do in matters of intimate rejuvenation? Our expert, Ph.D.,
– Anna Stanislavovna, in many sources of information you can stumble upon phrases that intimate surgery is now on the rise. What does it mean? Have modern women become much more painful than previous generations?
– No, of course. It’s just that women today are much more attentive to their health, and have become more liberated in these matters. If earlier they were embarrassed to talk about such problems as urinary incontinence, discomfort during sexual intercourse, now they go to the doctor immediately,
Hence the emergence of the branch of aesthetic gynecology, which is natural. By avoiding surgery, we can help a woman with
– What are the challenges facing intimate aesthetic gynecology?
– Today, aesthetic gynecology solves very diverse problems. Most often, patients are treated with problems of urinary incontinence, recurrent bacterial vaginosis, wide vaginal syndrome, less often – with postcoital cystitis, discomfort during sexual intercourse. Most often these problems are acquired.
– How difficult is the operation?
– The complexity of the operation depends on the degree of the problem and the stage of the process at which the patient turned. I have already said, but I will repeat: the earlier you seek help from a doctor, the more likely it is that minimally invasive and less traumatic techniques and operations will be performed. But if this is already an advanced, last stage of the disease, then it is not always possible to help with small losses, a minimally invasive method of surgery will not always be shown. Therefore, I urge patients not to delay a visit to the doctor.
– How long is the recovery period?
– Here, too, everything depends on the degree of complexity of the treatment. When it comes to surgical intervention, then recovery will take 1-3 days, rarely 5.
– Have you talked about such treatment methods as hyaluronic acid injections, PRP-therapy, laser techniques for vaginal rejuvenation and urinary incontinence treatment, what, in your opinion, are their uniqueness for women, and what problems are they able to solve?
– I believe that all of the above methods are an absolute breakthrough in medicine. Patients who have addressed at an early stage of the problem do not have to go to the operating table anymore. We also have non-surgical alternatives. In addition, we can help women for whom anesthesia is contraindicated, for example. Quite recently, they had to come to terms with the situation, but today we can eliminate the pathology without anesthesia. Even the introduction of vaginal sutures with an initial degree of prolapse of the vaginal walls is possible under local anesthesia.
Another thing is that it is not necessary to discredit all these methods. It is necessary to work strictly according to indications and individually select methods. It follows that an obvious advantage when choosing a doctor will be his knowledge of all techniques, including operating rooms. Only such a doctor will be able to choose the only correct technique for each specific pathology. Or, having correctly assessed the situation, refer to another specialist, as often happens, for example, with some types of urinary incontinence, the treatment of which should often be dealt with by a urologist.
You can make an appointment with a gynecologist at the Center for Operative and Aesthetic Gynecology by phone. (812) 327-50-50 or through
You can also ask your question to the doctor by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or through the form on